AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2014-03-06, 13:29   Link #6041
furaiz
Reason is Omniscient
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
If anyone has the time, would they kindly give this scene a once-over for me? Something feels off about it for me, so a second(or third, forth, however many) opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler for Queen in the district:
Only error I can see is 'bares' instead of bears.

I can't see anything wrong with how it's constructed or anything, it feels pretty normal to me. Perhaps it was just the spelling mistake throwing you off. I'd keep it as is, fixing the spelling error and seeing if that helps you feel better about it.
furaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 22:06   Link #6042
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Furaiz: Thanks for giving me the feedback I requested. Sorry I neglected to thank you sooner, but I kinda got back into my groove afterwards. I didn't wanna lose my train of thought, and now the chapter is pretty close to completion.

Anyways, on with the new question that popped up in my head just now.

I've already mentioned before, but somewhere down the road Kakine and Touma will end up fighting each other. In that fight, Kakine cuts off IB, and thus getting exposed to IT in the process. Now, my question being is this.

Would it be strange to anyone if Kakine's Dark Matter was exploited by IT and do something similar to what happened with Izzard? To me it feels like the same kinda scene, only with a Science Side character instead of a Magic Side one.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 22:49   Link #6043
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

^I don't think it would be strange since we have no idea what IT is or how it works up to this point in the series. So until Kamachi explains what IT is anything is possible.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 22:59   Link #6044
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Well said my brother, and thank you for the input.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-03-11, 01:05   Link #6045
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Parallelogram Chapter 2 should be out soon. Not sure if I got a handle on Mikoto's character but I don't think it matters since it's canonically not canon.

I'm curious to know what people think of it. Most likely, they'll be lost.

Last edited by rubix22; 2014-03-11 at 01:44.
rubix22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 04:42   Link #6046
demino_hellsin
That one guy

What if othinus restored the world a bit too far back? What if she returned the world to before the Index and the Imagine Breaker had not yet met. The wounded Othnus is faced with the younger self of the man who challenged her for the world. In her arms, the right hand of the man that challenged her for the world. When these forces meet, a new direction begins to flow.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 05:51   Link #6047
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
If anyone has the time, would they kindly give this scene a once-over for me? Something feels off about it for me, so a second(or third, forth, however many) opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler for Queen in the district:
I think you should change "passed it" to "past it." In the first sentence, you'd say evaluate not evaluated, and change tended to tend, and change could to can. Also change was to is in the second sentence. You should try maintain the same tense throughout the part, because it varies between present/past. Regardless, I like it what you wrote content-wise. There are some other missing commas here and there, but I do appreciate what you wrote!

@demino_hellsin that's an interesting idea, though I don't know how I feel about Othinus still actually having IB or are you saying this would be before he acquired IB?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 05:59   Link #6048
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I had once asked on the speculations thread that what if 2 Imagine Breakers existed in the same instance of a universe. What would be the repercussions?

This idea asks that same idea.

Othinus turns back the clock further than required. To July.

Touma already has his Imagine Breaker. But the Imagine Breaker effectively in Othinus possession does not leave the right arm in her grasp. I imagine that the power we know as the Imagine Breaker still feels the right arm as its rightful home. And once it comes face to face with a man who is identical yet dissimilar to its master, already possessing Imagine Breaker. What catastrophe awaits?
Old 2014-03-11, 06:01   Link #6049
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I had once asked on the speculations thread that what if 2 Imagine Breakers existed in the same instance of a universe. What would be the repercussions?

Touma already has his Imagine Breaker. But the Imagine Breaker effectively in Othinus possession does not leave the right arm in her grasp. I imagine that the power we know as the Imagine Breaker still feels the right arm as its rightful home. And once it comes face to face with a man who is identical yet dissimilar to its master, already possessing Imagine Breaker. What catastrophe awaits?
That's pretty interesting. I'm also sure Aleister wouldn't be pleased.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 11:45   Link #6050
DsCrystalEyes
DsCrystalEyes

Quote:

Sounds like a nice idea...but I'm not capable of pulling that one off.
So in basic, Othinus has IB, and then travel back to July, with Touma still have another IB? It's like a rewrite?
DsCrystalEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 11:48   Link #6051
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Kinda yeah.

Though the potential is not only in rewrite. This mechanism can be used for xovers as well.

For example. What if Othinus recreated the world. But her wound took its toll at the worst time. The one thing Othinus desperately held on to recreating properly was Touma. So the world ended up randomly rebuilt and Touma completely rebuilt to the original spec. One such world would be the world of Campione.

It's fun imagining Touma dual wielding Imagine Breakers and the Invisible thing in mortal combat against beings dimensions above him in natural spec.
Old 2014-03-11, 16:03   Link #6052
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
Parallelogram Chapter 2 should be out soon. Not sure if I got a handle on Mikoto's character but I don't think it matters since it's canonically not canon.

I'm curious to know what people think of it. Most likely, they'll be lost.
I'm not sure if I'm reading this wrong, but your chapter has Accelerator's hair color being inconsistent - in the same section you've described it as both white and black. Apart from that though it looks interesting
Quote:
For one of my fanfics I played it as:
Spoiler for Twice the Misfortune spoilers:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 16:11   Link #6053
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I'm not sure if I'm reading this wrong, but your chapter has Accelerator's hair color being inconsistent - in the same section you've described it as both white and black. Apart from that though it looks interesting
Hmm? *does a quick ctrl + f*

I... don't see it. I was pretty careful separating the "black" universe and "white" universe. Unless you mean the ending when "black" Mikoto pulls out a white hair from his head?
Old 2014-03-11, 16:53   Link #6054
omega253

Quote:
Kinda yeah.

Though the potential is not only in rewrite. This mechanism can be used for xovers as well.

For example. What if Othinus recreated the world. But her wound took its toll at the worst time. The one thing Othinus desperately held on to recreating properly was Touma. So the world ended up randomly rebuilt and Touma completely rebuilt to the original spec. One such world would be the world of Campione.

It's fun imagining Touma dual wielding Imagine Breakers and the Invisible thing in mortal combat against beings dimensions above him in natural spec.
Yes, it does seem quite fun to imagine that. Are you going to take a shot at it?
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 19:11   Link #6055
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well I'd most likely end up writing snippets. And then the problem would be I've only started readng xover fics of Campione so I'm not confident on my grasp of their world.

@flere: but the aim is to have 2 imagine breakers and 2 invisible things.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2014-03-11 at 19:23.
Old 2014-03-11, 19:53   Link #6056
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

I'm still opposed to seeing two IB as I think it removes its mystery and what makes it special, but if you can write solid snippets demino and give a good explanation, I might change my mind.

But so far, not convinced.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-11, 20:34   Link #6057
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'll try. My knowledge of metaphysics is still pretty shady but I'll give it my best shot.
Old 2014-03-11, 22:55   Link #6058
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Okay, since I've gotten so sick of just talking about it, I've written a little something about the Touma and Kakine fight. Well, more like the ending of the fight and it's not even remotely finished. Just want to share it and see what I could do to spruce it up a bit from what I have so far. There's plenty of things that could be added I think, but for now here's what I've got.

Spoiler for He who Creates and He who Breaks WIP:

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2014-03-11, 23:57   Link #6059
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Haha... Jesus. I forgot I wrote this. I had actually planned on "scripting a radio show" during the airing of Railgun S. This will be pretty funny for those familiar with BuruRaji.

Spoiler for Radio Noise Radio:

Spoiler for Game:
Old 2014-03-12, 00:19   Link #6060
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Radio Noise Radio

Okay, now you have me interested Rubix.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.