Notices

Old 2008-01-04, 18:12   Link #781
eurhteranienains
nothing here

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
[/spoiler]

Spoiler for Masako & Naru:

Hope that helped, my brain isnt working at the moment...

That's totally cool. I also reread the puzzle pieces from that.anime blog again, and am still amazed at all the info. xD

Spoiler:
eurhteranienains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 18:29   Link #782
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurhteranienains View Post
That's totally cool. I also reread the puzzle pieces from that.anime blog again, and am still amazed at all the info. xD
Agreed I was one of the lucky ones that actually got to see all the info come together. LKK-Sensei let a few ppl read it as she wrote it so Im very biased, I think its totally awesome. d(^_^)

Quote:
Spoiler:
Hmmm not a bad thought...
Spoiler for novel part:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 19:14   Link #783
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurhteranienains View Post
Spoiler:
Manju punted on this question, so I'll give it a try.
Spoiler:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 19:42   Link #784
eurhteranienains
nothing here

Hmmm not a bad thought...
Spoiler:

Do you think I can get something on the latest trans on the novel? : )

Spoiler:

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-01-04 at 19:52. Reason: spoiler tags
eurhteranienains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 22:25   Link #785
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I did not punt <_<

Thought of something

Spoiler for Naru & John:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-01-08, 11:54   Link #786
LKK

Quote:
Spoiler for Naru & John:
Shortly after they met, John tells Mai and Naru to call him "John". I have always taken that scene as the reason Naru calls John by his first name. You could raise the point that Masako also tells Naru to call her by her first name. Yet he never does. But by the time she tells him that her first name is okay with her, he's well aware of her attraction to him and is trying not to encourage her.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-01-17, 21:08   Link #787
Cocopuffs240
Berri

thats true and he also calls mai by her first name and masako gets really jealous of that 2 the point were she has 2 leave the room
Cocopuffs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 02:03   Link #788
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Shortly after they met, John tells Mai and Naru to call him "John". I have always taken that scene as the reason Naru calls John by his first name. You could raise the point that Masako also tells Naru to call her by her first name. Yet he never does. But by the time she tells him that her first name is okay with her, he's well aware of her attraction to him and is trying not to encourage her.
That could be culture difference. It is very common for people from western countries wanting to be called in first name even by first-met, but it can be a very serious matter in Japan. Paying too much attention on it might be Mai's John-can-you-speak-English line all over again.

*cough*HopelessResistenceOfAMasakoFanboy*cough*
Old 2008-01-18, 12:37   Link #789
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
That could be culture difference. It is very common for people from western countries wanting to be called in first name even by first-met, but it can be a very serious matter in Japan. Paying too much attention on it might be Mai's John-can-you-speak-English line all over again.
I find it funny that with respect to the other office irregulars (Ayako and Masako mostly) and Yasu, Naru normally calls people by their first names, even his parents.
Spoiler for dreamyness:

Quote:
rofl! yes that you are and monir is still one as well
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-01-18, 19:10   Link #790
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

I'm not sure if this is the right topic for this, but since I didn't see a picture thread, I guess I'll post it here.

Ghost Hunt Wallpaper:

I was just looking through some of my old pictures and found a Ghost Hunt wallpaper I made awhile back, its old so it's not very good.
Old 2008-01-19, 18:28   Link #791
herbert

Quote:
I find it funny that with respect to the other office irregulars (Ayako and Masako mostly) and Yasu, Naru normally calls people by their first names, even his parents.
That is what marks Hara-san as a special person to Naru-chan (ignoring anyone else other than Masako is called by last names). We all know Naru-chan is a tsundere. Naru-chan is striving this hard for hiding the secretive fact of being in love with Hara-san. This only makes obvious Naru-chan is in love with Hara-san.

By the way, any nice people can translate this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palsa-San View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right topic for this, but since I didn't see a picture thread, I guess I'll post it here.

Ghost Hunt Wallpaper:

I was just looking through some of my old pictures and found a Ghost Hunt wallpaper I made awhile back, its old so it's not very good.
Anime thread would suit better since your picture is from the poster of anime. And yes, there is no picture thread for GH because there is not sub-forum for GH.

By the way, I had wondered why no sub-forum was made for GH considering its large number of posts and tensity of serious discussion. Only having noticed very recently when I was skimmed those older posts: GH only started to attract more posts and posters until it got to second half. Perhaps mods thought it was too late to made sub-forum. How sad.
Old 2008-01-19, 23:50   Link #792
LKK

Quote:
By the way, I had wondered why no sub-forum was made for GH considering its large number of posts and tensity of serious discussion. Only having noticed very recently when I was skimmed those older posts: GH only started to attract more posts and posters until it got to second half. Perhaps mods thought it was too late to made sub-forum. How sad.
That's a good guess as to why there was no sub-forum for GH. GH the anime had 2 strikes against it in terms of gaining popularity in its run. Strike one, GH ran the same season as Death Note. For a long while, all the buzz was focused primarily on DN. Strike two, GH is at its weakest in the first few episodes. I noticed a huge jump in net buzz after episode 6. After that is when the word of mouth (word of net??) started to mention GH as one of the "overlooked" anime of the season.

Old 2008-01-20, 05:55   Link #793
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. ~puts on the Mod hat~ Sub-forum consideration is based largly on how much traffic/posting a thread receives in a small period of time and how much discussion it will generate. A good example now is the Spice and Wolf anime thread. Very high traffic volume in that thread. Also mods take into consideration what kind of discussion itll generate as well and other things, GH didnt generate that as far as I know. ~takes off the Mod hat~

Sensei is also right. Going up against Death Note as well as Code Geass in one season wasnt a help either. Also GH wasnt subbed regularly til what...epi 10? Cuz I finally started watching it raw after reading Impz's summary of 9 which of course made me go O_O. The whole ureshii-SHS slow subbing wasnt good. Thankfully Shadow picked it up and then also SHS kicked it out like mad and GH finally got a following.

I will say this and this is just my opinion, in the long run Im glad GH never got a sub-forum. We were all kinda on the ground floor with this anime and seeing the same people post in the thread every week was very fun. I remember seeing a few members including monir say that one of the reasons they started watching this anime was all the buzz we were giving it. I think sometimes that close-nit feeling is lost in a sub-forum since there are so many topics. Yeah a sub-forum would have been nice for spoilers and such for the seasoned veterans and newbs (so this baka-bun would not have clicked that spoiler...but anyways..) but in retrospect again, I prefer it as a regular thread. Plus this thread kinda turned into the spoilers/speculation thread anyways I remember when Kaze no Stigma was generating alot of talk, alot of the regular posters said they hoped it would not get a sub-forum since they enjoyed everything in one topic and it didnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert
By the way, any nice people can translate this?
Try asking in this thread. I did once and got a reply quickly. When you get a reply, post it, I want to know what it says as well.

Sheesh that was the longest post Ive written in a while...I need to go back to sleep now
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-03-18, 03:03   Link #794
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku

~ this site

:O Could it possibly be true?!?!
Old 2008-03-18, 08:44   Link #795
LKK

^^ "Possibly be true?!?!" Yes, it's possible. There have been a couple of indications that v10 will release in April in Japan. Most of the fans I know are taking a "I'll believe it when I see it" position for the moment since we've been disappointed in the past by such indications.

Old 2008-03-18, 15:54   Link #796
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Most of the fans I know are taking a "I'll believe it when I see it" position for the moment since we've been disappointed in the past by such indications.
I should put that as my usertitle or if I had room put it in my sig since Im one of those fans.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-11, 01:56   Link #797
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
According to Amazon... it's OUT.

Just placed my order.
Old 2008-04-11, 10:00   Link #798
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroku View Post
According to Amazon... it's OUT.

Just placed my order.
Whoot! According to my Google Japanese reading abilities, Amazon Japan has it in inventory and is even offering Saturday delivery. It's not a preorder! It's not a figment of some cruel marketer's evil imagining. It really, really exists!!

Old 2008-04-12, 04:20   Link #799
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

It's shipped! Which means, for sure, that it's actually out there. !!!!!
Old 2008-04-12, 12:31   Link #800
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

No words can express how happy this makes me ^^ Course jealousy insues when I think I wont have a copy til Del-Ray puts out the english vers but just knowing it exists is fine right now.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Tags
shoujo