4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 1.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-24, 15:36   Link #81
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
You and many people make it sound like the ride is over.
Just what made you think that? I wanted this show to take a different direction, in tone, from what I have seen so far, and it delivered so far.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 15:41   Link #82
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

what's QB said at the end of episode
I cant help to thinking that it is Urobuchi himself......
orz

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 15:45   Link #83
venk
Agent of Chaos

Spoiler for 8:

venk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 15:46   Link #84
taofd

If my meager understanding of Japanese serves me right:
Spoiler for Kyubei's conversation with Madoka:

Also for those of you who have seen Mai Hime, I'm starting to notice some disturbing similarities...

I'm betting that when Madoka finally becomes a MG, she is going to wish to end the suffering / process of creating new MG.
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 15:55   Link #85
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Maa, it's not unlikely at all. I've had the gut feeling for a long time that Homura was pulling a Chikane (reference: Kannazuki no Miko) on Madoka. And if I got this ep right in that Homura is from a different timeline, I suspect that a major part of the Bitter in "Bittersweet Ending" will be that they will be ripped apart again, after being reunited.

So - yes, I'd expect an important yuri component to be developed between Homura and Madoka.
you think Homura will rape Madoka i am in
Old 2011-02-24, 15:55   Link #86
Elestia

Just as so long as she doesn't make a contract with QB for that wish, and hopefully discovers her own latent powers to produce true miracles, then there is a glimmer of hope exists in this dark world.
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 15:58   Link #87
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Just what made you think that? I wanted this show to take a different direction, in tone, from what I have seen so far, and it delivered so far.
Many people have decided that since Kyubey's cover has been blown the show have stopped being "secretive" and there are no more speculating needed. It also seems that people is hating the fact that they were right all along. I mean what the point of taking a test if you are going to rage about getting an A. People are saying the show was too predictable but I say that this is just the reward fans get for the fact that they spent the last two months pulling their hairs out trying to figure this out. I mean I personally didn't have the patience to watch every episode frame by frame trying to see what the runes meant nor what the meaning of every line each character says.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 16:02   Link #88
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by taofd View Post
Also for those of you who have seen Mai Hime, I'm starting to notice some disturbing similarities...
I thought everyone already realized Madoka is literally everything Mai Hime tried to be (and failed miserably at, since Mai Hime could never make up its mind what genre it wanted to be, its characterizations make no sense, and it's nowhere near as deep as it insists itself to be) as far stuff with the magical girls not being invincible, getting their powers from a basically Satanic source, slowly being driven crazy by fighting, etc. etc. goes.

I didn't think anyone thought otherwise.

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2011-02-24 at 16:18.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 16:05   Link #89
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
This post... your avatar, and your signature. They're like one existance. lol Honestly though I'd find it even more hilarious if it was the other way round. Homura being a masochist, that is.
Old 2011-02-24, 16:06   Link #90
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
^_^;

Well, rather the "bite the bullet in the stead of the beloved too-good-for-it girl" aspect.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 16:07   Link #91
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Just what made you think that?
You used the past tense in your post,so it came across that way to me too.

sentences like : "Since then the ride had been fun for me, so was discussing the references and speculations with panzerfan and other folks in IRC."

Since you were using the past tense I thought you meant it wouldn't be fun anymore
Old 2011-02-24, 16:11   Link #92
Elestia

Well the main speculation has been resolved, but there are still some more speculating going on. Although, granted, the remaining mysteries are not as controversial or as hotly debated by the forum members, that doesn't mean the ride is over.
Elestia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 16:13   Link #93
taofd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
I thought everyone already realized Madoka is literally everything Mai Hime tried to be (and failed miserably at, since Mai Hime could never make up its mind what genre it wanted to be, its characterizations make no sense, and it's nowhere near as deep as it insists itself to be) as far stuff with the magical girls not being invincible, getting their powers from a basically Satanic source, slowly being driven crazy by fighting, etc. etc. goes.

I didn't think anyone thought otherwise.
.... Yes.
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 16:42   Link #94
Hmm....

I would like to hold my judgment until we get a sub if possible. But suppose Homura is indeed not a human in this time space, I sure hope she came from the past or something else entirely but not the future please. I would be dissapointed unless it's explained exceptionally well. I will feel it is way too shallow and err.... random ^^"

All clues scatter around story so far is pointing toward the past not the future. Madoka dreamt about Homura in Ep 1 which Hitomi pointed out it is her memory fragment. She started to remember something about Homura in this Episode. Homura wouldn't be pissed when Madoka was talking about her name and remembering her if they never met each other before. If it turn out that no, they never met each other before I would go wtf, what are all those hints for ??

EDIT: Another hint was throwing in this Episode. Homura stop Madoka right after it's revealed that MG can be reversible and then she have emotion break down. Why is that ? isn't it because Madoka is going to do what exactly she did ? My speculation is that Homura wish is to "stop Madoka from being MG" and not "go back to the past" to change things.

Last edited by Hmm....; 2011-02-24 at 17:08.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 16:50   Link #95
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
If it turn out that no, they never met each other before I would go wtf, what are all those hints for ??
Why do you think that because Homura would be from the future then it would mean she never met madoka before?
They could have been friends,something bad happens,Homura travels back in time to to a time just before she meets Madoka to prevent bad things from happening.
Old 2011-02-24, 16:55   Link #96
tsunade666

I'm not even sure if it's from the future or past anymore. Because in this episode. It reminds me of higurashi. Rika goes to new time plane to get butchered again. But on this one. Homura goes in this time plane to prevent Madoka from forming a contract. Madoka is starting to remember Homura but she still insist that Sayaka is more imporant. She even left Sayaka to break down.But even if Madoka did find Sayaka it's still Sayaka and Mami are beyond salvation. Or is their still a chance for Sayaka?

I can only see Madoka forming a contract to make Sayaka back to normal or even try to break her contract with Kyubei.
Old 2011-02-24, 17:01   Link #97
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Why do you think that because Homura would be from the future then it would mean she never met madoka before?
They could have been friends,something bad happens,Homura travels back in time to to a time just before she meets Madoka to prevent bad things from happening.

Hmmm......... You do have a point there.

If they know each other in this time space, Where is current Homura ? why don't Madoka know Homura ?? and how many thing Homura can archieve ??? Time travel ???? memory wipe ????? I don't think she can archieve so many miracious things at once. Her wish is limited to one after all. I will also find it random that Homura turn out to be one of the people we're never hinted about before.

Yes it's up to Author to explain it to us. It may be convincing enough to make me accept it after all.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-24, 17:03   Link #98
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Perfect episode. So much tension and production value skyrocketing. 25 minutes of pure bliss.
I was quite surprised by Homura's way of handling (or trying to) the situation. She is much more dedicated than I thought she would be to Madoka. I believed after episode 5 (?),when she talks with Madoka in this cafe, that she would try to save at least Sayaka. But no. She is down right mono-obsessional. Not scary yet, but Madoka's reaction is to be understand. She has no clue why that girl is going so far for her and why she breaks down in front of her like this.
I hope she remembers soon what was there relation before (dying myself to discover about it)...
Old 2011-02-24, 17:08   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Maa, it's not unlikely at all. I've had the gut feeling for a long time that Homura was pulling a Chikane (reference: Kannazuki no Miko) on Madoka. And if I got this ep right in that Homura is from a different timeline, I suspect that a major part of the Bitter in "Bittersweet Ending" will be that they will be ripped apart again, after being reunited.

So - yes, I'd expect an important yuri component to be developed between Homura and Madoka.
Seriously. My lesdar went off-charts in this episode. Homura's breakdown convinced me she sees Madoka as far more than a friend. I'm doubtful we'll see any real romance between the two, but there are going to be lots of undertones, that's for sure.
Old 2011-02-24, 17:22   Link #100
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Any kind of romantic relationship when handled by Urobuchi Gen seems to end with "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". Frankly, the very thought of Madoka and Homura's prior relationships make me sick to my stomach because of the infamous writer partly and also in the extraordinary acts that would've led the casts to where they are.

In fact, it can almost be said that huge volume of blood is a prerequisite for reconciliation, or even just tacit recognition to be made possible, due to humanity's own inability to resolve conflict if otherwise, from my own narrow comprehension to the writer. To have this all-too-real monster animated and out of the bag terrifies me. To be reminded of the monster of human being's own making makes one quite sober.

Maybe, a caveat would come from that Madoka is Aoki Ume's protagonist. This was plainly spelled out by Urobuchi. That in itself does not seem to be of any impact, other than being telling of the fact that Urobuchi is not in his comfort zone when writing about the ordinary highschool girl type (also reportedly a self-confession from the man)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2011-02-24 at 17:36.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka, mahou shoujo, puella magi, shaft, urobuchi gen, witches