AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-27, 14:23   Link #81
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Hey, do you guys think that Yoriko looks like Kanako's mother and that may also be a reason why Kanako was strangling her?
Old 2008-10-27, 14:31   Link #82
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Hey, do you guys think that Yoriko looks like Kanako's mother and that may also be a reason why Kanako was strangling her?
Someone on another forum i go on mentioned that. It's a high possibility, i'll give it that.

If that is true, then we may be able to come up with answers as to why the two are so strongly connected.
Old 2008-10-27, 14:39   Link #83
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
...did Kiba-san say Kanako died 6 months later back in epi 2? Right after they talk about transferring her to the hospital and her sister says she wont let her die?...
I believe the line was actually "it happened six months later." Because it came right after Kanako's mother saying she wouldn't let her die, dying was the implication, and that's what the sub said. But it could have been something else (something we saw in ep3) that was being referred to, I think.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 15:17   Link #84
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Has her mother been shown? I just thought we've seen her older sister. Did I miss it. Also thanks for the timeline, it helped alot!

@Kaoru: ok thats what I thought, it just sounded weird when I read it but thats what I assumed her meant.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 15:21   Link #85
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Has her mother been shown? I just thought we've seen her older sister. Did I miss it. Also thanks for the timeline, it helped alot!

@Kaoru: ok thats what I thought, it just sounded weird when I read it but thats what I assumed her meant.

Her mother was strangling her in episode 3. It was in that flashback that Kanako had while she was in surgery.

No problem. I'm just glad I'm not the only one that needs to take notes for this one.
Old 2008-10-27, 15:30   Link #86
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I believe the line was actually "it happened six months later."
Interestingly enough the subs differ about that. [Nightshade-Yesy] has translated it "I heard later that it was two weeks after that" (15:18, ep. 2).
Aero has it as "I learnt later that it happened half a year later".

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 15:59   Link #87
orion

If the series has events for 6 months, then we'll find out which translation was correct and what event Sekiguchi was referring to.
Old 2008-10-27, 16:12   Link #88
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I think he says 'hantsuki" which my dictionary has as "half a month".

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 18:17   Link #89
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Her mother was strangling her in episode 3. It was in that flashback that Kanako had while she was in surgery.
Oh right, my brain forgot that note. I guess Ill have to watch that part again. Im still wondering if Yoriko is lying. Her explanation did seem pretty good and she is glad Kanako is alive, of course her own subconscious could be doing this to block what she really did.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 18:24   Link #90
Zippicus

I've seen the first 3 episodes and I'm liking what I'm seeing despite being still very much in the dark as to what the hell is going on. The only negative so far is the incoherent timeline, honestly I wish writers/directors would stop using gimmicks like this so much.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 19:22   Link #91
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I think he says 'hantsuki" which my dictionary has as "half a month".
Having already corrected someone else on that score, you'd think I'd get it right myself, lol. It was definitely "hantsuki": "half a month."

As one who liked Touka Gettan, I don't mind these time shuffles at all, as long as they are telegraphed in some way and/or I'm not left in the dark for too long. In Touka Gettan, the first episode was the last thing to happen, the second episode told what immediately preceded that, and so on to the last episode -- which was the beginning of the story. Of course, it shouldn't just be a game, and should have some dramatic purpose.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 19:32   Link #92
orion

That means that Sekiguchi is referring to the dismemberment case finding of the right arm which was 2 weeks after Kanako's accident.
Old 2008-10-27, 20:32   Link #93
Sakuya
*Artist

Am I the only one who's confused about episode 3? What exactly happened to Kanako and what were all the bits and pieces of white broken stuff on the bed and floor?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 20:49   Link #94
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Am I the only one who's confused about episode 3? What exactly happened to Kanako and what were all the bits and pieces of white broken stuff on the bed and floor?
We're all just as confused as you, don't you worry.

I don't think anyone can give a full explanation to that yet.
Old 2008-10-27, 21:01   Link #95
orion

Kidnapped? Spirited away? Became an angel? Hey, the fun part is starting. How do you remove a body in a room full of people without leaving a trace of blood from the IVs being removed first? Stuff that looks like cement beside the bed on 2 edges only.

What about a full bed switch with Kanako on it? The elevator door masking the sound of the switching. The MD screaming and dropping stuff masking the last bit of noise from the switch.
Old 2008-10-28, 03:36   Link #96
Thingle
Banned

She was abducted,right? That's why she disappeared.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 03:50   Link #97
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
She was abducted,right? That's why she disappeared.
That's what the audience is being led to believe so far, well not completely, but it's the most likely situation presented at this point.
Old 2008-10-28, 04:20   Link #98
Thingle
Banned

Quote:
Kidnapped? Spirited away? Became an angel?
These are plain BS. No one ascended to the heavens. Kanako was just a kid with a wild imagination that's all... and braids girl was an idiot to take her seriously.
Old 2008-10-28, 04:47   Link #99
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingle View Post
These are plain BS. No one ascended to the heavens. Kanako was just a kid with a wild imagination that's all... and braids girl was an idiot to take her seriously.
Well not to say that isn't the case, but they did go out of their way to show us an image of butterflies flying around above her bed. One of the symbolic meanings of butterflies is a persons soul. They dropped a couple more hints that there might be some supernatural stuff going on as well. And we are talking about a show that presented us with a head, seemingly alive inside a box in episode 1.
Old 2008-10-28, 04:53   Link #100
Thingle
Banned

^Delusions. Our braid girl was distressed. It's usual to see things in such a mental state.

Tags
clamp, horror, madhouse, supernatural