5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-26, 11:01   Link #121
Iniser

Great adaptation so far. Awesome to see one of the few moments a strategy on the human side actually goes as planned animated. Production was still awesome. Hopefully the still-shots will be removed in the BD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Those still-shots were very jarring. I hope it's not going to get worse as the series progresses.
It probably will, considering the production values of this show. Weren't they unable to meet the deadline for a few broadcast stations a few episodes back?
Iniser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 11:12   Link #122
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iniser View Post
Great adaptation so far. Awesome to see one of the few moments a strategy on the human side actually goes as planned animated. Production was still awesome. Hopefully the still-shots will be removed in the BD.

It probably will, considering the production values of this show. Weren't they unable to meet the deadline for a few broadcast stations a few episodes back?
Weren't they looking for more animators? Maybe it's a case of "not enough man-power to meet the deadline" rather than not enough money.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 11:13   Link #123
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Those still-shots were very jarring. I hope it's not going to get worse as the series progresses.
I actually don't mind the decision to conserve and focus their efforts for the beautiful combat scenes.

If the choices were for the whole episode to be mediocre, or have still shots in some scenes and extremely well animated sequence in important shots, I'd take the latter any day.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-05-26 at 15:34.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 11:18   Link #124
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
If the choices were for the whole episode to be mediocre, or have still shots in some scenes and extremely well animated sequence in important shots, I'd take the latter any day.
I am with you on this on !!
And if they also fix it in BD, I will be even more happy
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 11:20   Link #125
Iniser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Weren't they looking for more animators? Maybe it's a case of "not enough man-power to meet the deadline" rather than not enough money.
That's what I meant. I just worded it badly. Also, I don't think those still-shots were purposefully done, so it was probably a case where they needed to cut some animation out for whatever reason.
Old 2013-05-26, 11:27   Link #126
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
This.

I think it's fairly obvious that Studio WIT's production schedule is probably rushed, but they have smartly managed and budgeted each episode so far. As long they stay like this things should be fine. Hell, like some posters in this thread, there a lot of people I talked to who didn't even notice them!

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-05-26 at 11:38.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 11:39   Link #127
Iniser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I think it's fairly obvious the Studio WIT's production schedule is probably rushed, but they have smartly managed and budgeted each so far. As long they stay like this things should be fine. Hell, like some posters in this thread, there a lot of people I talked to who didn't even notice them!
I agree. The only reason I paid attention to them is because I read the manga and already knew what was going to happen. Studio Wit is really good at cutting costs and keeping the thrilling atmosphere of the show.
Old 2013-05-26, 12:28   Link #128
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I actually don't mind the decision to conserve and focus their efforts for the beautiful combat scenes.

You're right, but I fear this might be an indication they have a hard time keeping up with the schedule and that the animation is going to get progressively worse. We know they cut it very close at least once in the past. Hopefully, they'll get more animators like they wished for.
Old 2013-05-26, 12:54   Link #129
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

I joked with a friend a few weeks ago that the raging Titan was Eren and that he was piloting the Titan as if it were a mech. He looked at me and replied, "That would be the dumbest thing ever." I agreed yet the writers literally made that farse a reality.

I may witness one of the most lame revelations in the history of anime in the upcoming weeks. That may explain why the back of the neck is their Achilles heel, but what I just saw was hysterical and absurd.
Old 2013-05-26, 13:16   Link #130
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Regarding retarded government officials, it is at least a little understandable that they would fear Erin. I can only presume that they've never come across a human who could turn into a Titan and they won't have any idea if Eren could go off at any moment regardless of his own will. He could easily be the equivalent of a walking time bomb. And take into account the prejudice people would naturally have to a Titan (Jean's attitude was an indicator), and you can easily see how officials might view him. In any case, it's probably not going to be that much of a problem: Eren or someone will probably eventually suggest he effectively be exiled as a Recon squad member (the ones that fight outside the walls). It's what they want and what Eren will want so it'll be like killing two birds with one stone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
I joked with a friend a few weeks ago that the raging Titan was Eren and that he was piloting the Titan as if it were a mech. He looked at me and replied, "That would be the dumbest thing ever." I agreed yet the writers literally made that farse a reality.

I may witness one of the most lame revelations in the history of anime in the upcoming weeks. That may explain why the back of the neck is their Achilles heel, but what I just saw was hysterical and absurd.
How much more absurd than giant red monsters in general? We don't yet have confirmation that Eren piloted that thing like a mech. It could be more a case of merged consciousness' and Eren doesn't have full control.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 13:56   Link #131
Bombo
TSF Fans

As manga reader
I repeat the last 3 min again and again ...I can't stop watching the scene ..SO EMOTIONALLY FROM mikasa after hugging eren...WELL DONE
Seriously it's made me shed a tear after reunion ... the studio know how to set up last episodes for this scene .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Gohan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
This anime has consistently managed to impress me with its soundtrack and its placement through the episodes, especially in this one (like the scene where Mikasa goes to hug Eren).
Bravo to the creators, bravo.
AGREE !!!!

- Wow sasha her scream is the best after failing to kill small titan .
- Jean x Marco ..... nice chatting and (( sitting pose )) .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 14:00   Link #132
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Marco: "I'm going to talk about how great Jean is while pumping gas into a cylinder carefully placed between my legs in an upright position.
The yaoi fans are gonna love this."
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 14:12   Link #133
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That was generally a wonderful episode, I really like how this anime makes me feel so emotionally involved for developments that I know in advance. Decidedly a very good job there but...

The stills! The stills!

They are really bothering me, and it seems that we are getting more of them as time passes. The problem is that they really scream "placeholder", it's as if you could read between the non existent frames: "there was supposed to be an animated sequence here but we didn't make it in time, so enjoy the stills instead and pretend that these people are moving."

I wonder if these parts will be "fixed" on the BD release.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 15:19   Link #134
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Maybe I'm getting old and starting to miss all the details everyone catches. I didn't really have a problem with the few stills I did notice. I am also finding this show extremely enjoyable.

And yes, real life world leaders can be every bit as stupid as what is portrayed in anime...
Old 2013-05-26, 15:33   Link #135
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizokugami View Post
This episode gets a perfect 10 from me. I think absolutely everything this episode was executed beautifully, apart from the stills. The music and the feels at the end...indescribable. I've read the manga, but for some reason the anime is making me feel so many things the manga didn't. This is why I love anime and manga.
well the art in the manga, especially at the early parts just makes things really really confusing. plus there's no great va and soundtrack accompanying it when you read it.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 15:53   Link #136
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
Maybe common people yes but either the leaders and generals have gone completely, pants on head retarded or they're hiding some dirty little secret and want to get rid of Eren.

If it's the former then this series is ruined for me. I've watched fictional leaders do this retarded shit before and most of them were from PG 7 cartoons.
I disagree. Just because you are in a high position doesn't mean you are perfect. There are foolish people who lead. And the series has already shown that they have some shitty leaders (the guy in the last episode who abandons his people in the beginning under the guise of "following the rules." We all know that's crap and that he is just a coward).
Old 2013-05-26, 16:43   Link #137
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

There's also the fact that they know nothing of Titans. Where they come from, how they live...

For all they know, all Titans are just transformed humans and Eren just messed up a bit compared to the others. Or he represents some scary change of tactics. A dumb, giant titan is bad enough. But what about one that's as smart as a human, can infiltrate anywhere, and that you can look right in the eye without knowing what he is until he transforms and eats you?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 17:41   Link #138
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

At the very least you'd expect him to be heavily monitored as long as he remains inside the walls.
Old 2013-05-26, 18:01   Link #139
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
Agree, I wonder the same.
"Simply have the power is already a sin" (or however that saying go in English)

Apparently, nation leaders in real world do the same. If one country want to develop nuclear power saying it won't be use for military purpose. Will other countries simply nod and give approval ?
Tell me why should Top brass who don't even know Eren believe him that he won't turn against humanity with his titan power, that he has total control over his titan power and that it will stay that way.
I don't think Eren even know what he has done. At very least, I doubt anyone will be comfortable letting him live "inside" the wall.
Most countries in this world could and have already developed nuclear power--it all depends on which country you are and whether you are genuine about not using it for military purposes. Iranians have repeatedly said they were gonna nuke the U.S. and the North Koreans just wanna blackmail neighbouring countries for food and money once they have that capability(no wonder why even China gave them a thumbs down at the U.N.). Besides that, we don't know yet if it is the top brass who wants to kill Eren.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-26, 19:04   Link #140
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

FYI, whilst Iran has made plenty of retaliatory threats, I don't think it's ever made any nuclear threats to the US or even Israel iirc.