AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-06, 08:41   Link #1421
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
7th by DVD order. 6th chronologically.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2008-08-06, 16:03   Link #1422
myopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice_slayer View Post
What they didn't animate was novel 1s epilogue
That's actually novel 2's prologue (novel 2 = The Sighs of Suzumiya Haruhi, which covers in detail the making of the film, probably won't be animated since it's already been sort of covered in episode 00). I've been hoping for a while that they make it the very first scene in the first episode of the second season (right before they cut to the OP).

There's no doubt that the second season is going to happen one day, and I don't see how the kind of marketing they did with the live action thing could possibly backfire with fans, so I'd call it a smart move by them.
Old 2008-08-06, 21:43   Link #1423
Toomz
Registered vagabond

The pic of Haruhi on the cover of that Newtype mag intrigues me, wonder if she'll grow her hair back.

Gotta stop speculating.
Old 2008-08-06, 21:50   Link #1424
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
There's no doubt that the second season is going to happen one day, and I don't see how the kind of marketing they did with the live action thing could possibly backfire with fans, so I'd call it a smart move by them.
You could argue that the Live Action teaser and all the other viral marketing that they've been doing has already been back-firing though. It provides false hope and misleads fans to an earlier release date than expected, thus making them even more impatient and rowdy as it is.

However you could also consider this impatience and rowdiness as more 'fuel to the fire' for what keeps the hype alive in regards to the eventual prospects of a 2nd season. Looking from a producers point of view, more interest and attention on your product is probably a very favourable thing to have, unless of course it's negative attention that is lol =P.

Or you could even look at it from a more optimistic point of view in that, anything is better than nothing.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2008-08-06, 22:03   Link #1425
mugener

time's going fast, maybe it's because of my job.

10 days to go for the fact show up on 08/17.

Old 2008-08-07, 01:23   Link #1426
ijuinkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
That's actually novel 2's prologue (novel 2 = The Sighs of Suzumiya Haruhi, which covers in detail the making of the film, probably won't be animated since it's already been sort of covered in episode 00). I've been hoping for a while that they make it the very first scene in the first episode of the second season (right before they cut to the OP).
You actually get to play through that scene as the prologue to the game "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku".
Old 2008-08-07, 02:56   Link #1427
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
We already know that s2 will be focused on disappearance, so its 120% certain that vol 4 will be shown. its 99.99999999999...% certain that bamboo leaf rhapsody that remaining fraction of a percent is a nagging thought that kyoani will try to annoy us. but seeing as blr was mentioned in s1 very briefly and is important to disappearance, it will almost certainly be shown.

seeing as disappearance is nagato central, most of the side stories will prolly be nagato central as well, for example, Snow Mountain Syndrome. Of course it could work with s3 if there is one... intro of IDSE's enemy faction the Sky Canopy something or something like that. Where did the cat go belongs with SMS and then add in Endless Eight and Charmed at first sight lover. SMS has 75 - 85% of appearing, WdtCG - same as SMS, EE - 95%, CaFSL - 95%. Wandering Shadow could work but it might not make too much sense *goes to Baka-Tsuki and rereads*. about 25%.

Shami is mentioned in a conversation between imouto-san and kyon on how he comes to live with them. Also, WdtCG has a focus on Shami as well. so, i'd say vol 2 will have a 75% chance of appearing. but for 2ish eps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
I know that was the reason for the delay, and still is. I think it's terrible marketing, though, to have a book ready to go, yet just sitting there for months on end. Unless, as I may believe, he is simply running out of ideas, and the editors noticed this and told him to rewrite it or something.
See, ever since volume 7, I noticed a very big drop in his writing. It doesn't seem to have as much plot as some of the other novels at all. I mean, heck, Volume 9 has the same storyline twice, just altered in various spots to show parrellel universes. It's easy to think out both situations of a certain point in time. Much, much easier than coming up with a new situation after he made the choice.
That's why I think he's running out of ideas. Less plot, and it doesn't seem to have that same spark.
About that... Volume 9 is actually forshadowed in vol 7 chap 7 when Kyon is talking to Asahina (Big). she says,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka-Tsuki vol 7 chap 7
"The divergence points are mostly concentrated in this time period, though a lot would end up the same, anyway; but the things that you have done the past few days, if not done, would create divergences that would lead to all sorts of futures..."

Asahina-san's charming voice began to grow weak,

"Very soon you will be faced with a great divergence, a choice that would cause a great change to the future... If you chose the other side, then it... um... it wouldn't be good for our future."
Basically, vol 9 is showing 2 of the divergence points though they prolly are 2 separate universes/dimensions/worlds (take your pick).

Also, i don't think hes running out of ideas. Tanigawa Nagaru mentioned in one of his author's notes that he had a bunch of documents in his hard drive somewhere. Also, he, as mentioned in one of his authors notes, never throws things away. Like most writers do, he should be generating random ideas on the fly as he writes haruhi. I think some where he also metions that he sometimes doesn't understand his own notes.

Edit: Sorry if someone already replied in a similar manner
Edit: Note: all the percentages prolly aren't accurate, they hold some truth but are my speculation.

Last edited by dragon4dudes; 2008-08-07 at 02:59. Reason: clarification
Old 2008-08-07, 04:53   Link #1428
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener View Post

time's going fast, maybe it's because of my job.

10 days to go for the fact show up on 08/17.

Excuse me, what fact are you referring to? The one that Clannad AS will air sometime this fall, thus excluding the possibility of seeing Haruhi 2 this year?

Because that's already been confirmed.

Last edited by Vegard Aune; 2008-08-07 at 11:39.
Old 2008-08-07, 07:50   Link #1429
mugener

*sign*

does that means you will not accept the fact if you are proved to be wrong?

well, that's kind of''' dangerous.

Old 2008-08-07, 08:03   Link #1430
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener View Post

*sign*

does that means you will not accept the fact if you are proved to be wrong?

well, that's kind of''' dangerous.

No, because I already have proof from a god damn official source saying that Clannad will air this fall. You're the one who refuses to accept that your random "guess, which anyone can make" isn't necessarily correct.
Old 2008-08-07, 09:51   Link #1431
Hedd
Random Object

Now now children, we have a long way to go till the fall season still and I WILL pull this car over!
Old 2008-08-07, 10:18   Link #1432
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
Now now children, we have a long way to go till the fall season still and I WILL pull this car over!
I get your point. I just find someone actually asking if everyone's gonna KILL THEMSELVES if they're wrong to be a bit hard to not argue with... Especially when the guy is basically just guessing himself, yet keeps telling everyone else to stop guessing... Even though I provided several sources, one of them being a serious, reliable site for anime-related news.
Old 2008-08-07, 11:22   Link #1433
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

MOD POST

Ok, enough is enough. A nice reminder to EVERYONE in this thread to follow forum rules espc the parts about not flaming/baiting/trolling other members. We all want another season and speculation will continue until it airs and talking about that is fine but you may not attack other posters just because some people talk about it more then others. Any more posts like this will lead to possible infraction or a ban.

Remember to play nice.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-08-07, 12:36   Link #1434
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
MOD POST

Ok, enough is enough. A nice reminder to EVERYONE in this thread to follow forum rules espc the parts about not flaming/baiting/trolling other members. We all want another season and speculation will continue until it airs and talking about that is fine but you may not attack other posters just because some people talk about it more then others. Any more posts like this will lead to possible infraction or a ban.

Remember to play nice.
One would dream. I think positive about it too ^_^. I really hope that it does come out, and quite soon. When the time comes when their is a really decent and official trailer out for it I will be so happy. I cannot wait to hear of its developement and such.
Old 2008-08-07, 16:54   Link #1435
mugener

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Reason: the reason is because youve already stated your views on this over and over and like Skyfall said, just give it a rest.
so it means let old views rest and begin state new ones? oh well...

it seems lot of people said that s2 will center on nagato, but I doubt it'll be that much.

yeah, in original novel nagato has important role on the following story.

but I have to remind you, this is anime, not novel.

even if haruhi don't actually show up, there are always methods to make her screen time.
(flashback, dream, memory, or even show her "other life" which novel didn't)

judge by the changes on s1 compare with novel, haruhi become very important in kyoani's view.

will nagato be more centered than haruhi in s2? I don't think so.

she may be more centered than any other females in s2, but not haruhi.

Old 2008-08-07, 17:10   Link #1436
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Haruhi centered, but Yuki focused I think is how the story is written.
Even when Haruhi is not there, the story still revolves around her. All actions and reactions are based to some extent on Haruhi. Either something Haruhi caused, something happening to Haruhi, or something everyone wants to keep from Haruhi. It is always Haruhi.
Old 2008-08-07, 19:54   Link #1437
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Hehe, another flame crisis happen while I was gone!

S2 is based on Disappearance, which was focused on Yuki character developtment. Like Ithekro said, things are always revolving around Haruhi.

Has the anticipation caused too much tenseness?

Credit To Risa-chan!
Old 2008-08-07, 22:26   Link #1438
mugener

well, I am surprised that date counter actually get someone's nerves.
since it's forbbiden now, we'll just wait silently till 08/17 really come.

also, what I heard form other people is more then mere "focuse on yuki",
they even think that yuki will be the main character in s2.

I can't blame them having that kind of idea since the author of original novel did mention
he like yuki more than huarhi, which also show the sign on the story that s2 may base on.

but it's kyoani who made anime, not author.
which means kyoani make decision on directing the anime.

and we have seem how important haruhi became on kyoani's direction in s1.

Old 2008-08-07, 22:40   Link #1439
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is at the heart a Yuki story. (or perhaps a Kyon story depending on your point of view). However that is only the Book 4 part of the season. Whatever else they decide to animate will have a different focus.

The Book 4 part is Yuki focused in terms of who the audiance will be watching (and in many cases, waiting for). Some people have waited what seems like a long time to see this Yuki. While Haruhi (and Mikuru) will have their screentime as well, the talk on this book has mostly been about Yuki.

Outside of the Book 4 episodes, the focus will shift, likely back to Hanuhi, but maybe not fully, since Book 1 in Haruhi focused while most of the other books focus on the other characters working together to keep Haruhi entertained or out of trouble/harms way. Book 4 is slightly different as it is titled "Disappearance", thus expect to have Haruhi missing for most of at least one or two episodes. But then Episode 00 has Haruhi "mostly missing" since she's behind the camera for much of the episode. That doesn't means she's completely gone or not a major infuence on the plot. She still drives the plot of Book 4, but not through her own actions.
Old 2008-08-08, 15:23   Link #1440
aznsgotpansit
Rememberer

Quote:
Im guessing you watched the english dub then. That is an Anime-only episode and has NO effect to the overall Haruhi novels. It is a episode to show the "average" day at the SOS-Dan. The FINAL episode was techincally the 7th one where Kyon and Haruhi are in the sealed space. That was the end of the first season/first novel. What they didn't animate was novel 1s epilogue where Kyon tells Haruhi about the other members special powers and obviously, haruhi doesn't believe him.
Ok i see, but i would like to know is that if all three of them being asahina, nagato, and the esper (i forgot his name) says there was something happen 3 years ago and it had to do with him and we all know is when he helped haruhi with the chalk drawing in the school yar. well why doesn't kyon remember this?

oh i would also like to know what the colors of each day cause i mite use them in school!
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen