Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-05, 11:33   Link #1441
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Lol Sinestra, welcome to the club. Be sure to join the manga chatroom

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 11:41   Link #1442
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Lol Sinestra, welcome to the club. Be sure to join the manga chatroom
I might have to do that. I cant believe i spent my entire morning catching on the manga so glad my boss is out of town and thankful i have my own office lol
Old 2008-09-05, 12:14   Link #1443
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Thanks to you guys who got me interested in reading the manga. I locked myself in my office at work and just finished chapter 68 and i started from chapter 1 this morning. I knew work had a purpose and now its time for lunch lol.
Ah someone else has fallen to the dark side XD And yes come join us in the manga thread!

Oh and as for the ED of epi 10....laughed my behind off XD
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 13:26   Link #1444
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
He gave Seo special ashikabi powers.. it wont be such a stretch to imagine he have the same powers as well.
Nah, I don't think Takehito force-winged Miya. I just don't get that impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killroy0097
I have a feeling the Seo and the Thunder Twins have had enjoyable nights together in the past. I'm certain the futan was electric.
You should see what they took out from the manga. Let's just say that you aren't far from the truth.

Actually, there's an issue that never seems to be totally brought up in neither the manga and the anime. Basically, the sekirei cannot refuse the ashikabi, which brings in an implicit theme of subjugation. This is the reason why Tsukiumi at first refuses the idea of getting winged.

Now a feminist would have a field day with this material... except that not every ashikabi are straight men. And while most sekirei are women, there are a few male sekirei as well. Some ashikabi are female, and a few prominent ones in the story are actually gay or perhaps swing both ways. Moreover, it's the sekirei who recognizes the potential bond between her (or his) ashikabi and not the other way around—which also presents itself as her consent, in other words. As long as the sekirei is winged by the ashikabi that is meant for her, then it's all good.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 13:37   Link #1445
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Nah, I don't think Takehito force-winged Miya. I just don't get that impression.

You should see what they took out from the manga. Let's just say that you aren't far from the truth.

Actually, there's an issue that never seems to be totally brought up in neither the manga and the anime. Basically, the sekirei cannot refuse the ashikabi, which brings in an implicit theme of subjugation. This is the reason why Tsukiumi at first refuses the idea of getting winged.

Now a feminist would have a field day with this material... except that not every ashikabi are straight men. And while most sekirei are women, there are a few male sekirei as well. Some ashikabi are female, and a few prominent ones in the story are actually gay or perhaps swing both ways. Moreover, it's the sekirei who recognizes the potential bond between her (or his) ashikabi and not the other way around—which also presents itself as her consent, in other words. As long as the sekirei is winged by the ashikabi that is meant for her, then it's all good.
Here's the thing tho its not prefect dominance or control it is more subjective than that while one can dominate and force one to ones will but it is not a necessity.

The of the sekirei to suggestion is lowered but not removed, if anythign it shows how "real" people can behave, some take advantage of others, other are kind and nice, the trouble with feminism(or PC zero thought) is disregarding the what others want to do for some preconceived set of rules that do not apply to everything.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 14:04   Link #1446
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Here's the thing tho its not prefect dominance or control it is more subjective than that while one can dominate and force one to ones will but it is not a necessity.
Oh, but this can certainly happen.

For example, Seo "threatens" Tsukiumi with this possibility, and Mikogami has waged a campaign of sorts to secure a sekirei collection in order to win.

Like I said, not every case is of this sort. In most cases, it's the sekirei who actually chooses her/his ashikabi. But just like in the real world, there are dicks who like to ruin the party.
Old 2008-09-05, 14:11   Link #1447
Ultenth

Probably the 2nd biggest bummer to me so far with the anime besides taking out some Kazehana fanservice, is that they are skipping over Yukari and Shiina's storyline for the most part (and changing what they aren't skipping), which while not essential, is still a part that I enjoyed.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 14:15   Link #1448
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Oh, but this certainly happen.

For example, Seo "threatened" Tsukiumi with this possibility, and Mikogami has waged a campaign of sorts to secure a sekirei collection in order to win.

Like I said, not every case is of this sort. In most cases, it's the sekirei who actually chooses her/his ashikabi. But just like in the real world, there are dicks who like to ruin the party.
And that other guy has been wining them left and right, what makes the setting/story questionable or not is how it is applied and because it is applied with a light heated good natured perversion there is no way one can logically decry its vile and represses anyone.

Its like the argument for striping one side of the feministic coin says it devalues the woman the other says its something empowering, neither side ever sees what the other sees completely.
Old 2008-09-05, 14:19   Link #1449
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
And that other guy has been wining them left and right, what makes the setting/story questionable or not is how it is applied and because it is applied with a light heated good natured perversion there is no way one can logically decry its vile and represses anyone.
Of course, but it has been at least brought once or twice. One with Tsukiumi, and the other with that sekirei/ashikabi duo that Shiina and Yukari beat at one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM
Its like the argument for striping one side of the feministic coin says it devalues the woman the other says its something empowering, neither side ever sees what the other sees completely.
That was my point actually. It's more than just a one-sided situation.
Old 2008-09-05, 14:41   Link #1450
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Of course, but it has been at least brought once or twice. One with Tsukiumi, and the other with that sekirei/ashikabi duo that Shiina and Yukari beat at one time.

That was my point actually. It's more than just a one-sided situation.
I think I was nawing on the wrong side of a point again...least I kept it out of my eye...anyway my point was they will whine just because they can.

Spoiler for RANT MODE ENGAGE!:
Old 2008-09-05, 14:49   Link #1451
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Spoiler for RANT MODE ENGAGE!:
Dude, way to go off-topic...

I understand what you're saying. Personally, I have no problems with feminism, but as all things go, there are strands that are good and there are those that aren't. The discourse is always politically charged, and hypocrisy sometimes ends up as a result. To discuss this further however, would be going off-topic in this thread.
Old 2008-09-05, 14:58   Link #1452
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Dude, way to go off-topic...

I understand what you're saying. Personally, I have no problems with feminism, but as all things go, there are strands that are good and there are those that aren't. The discourse is always politically charged, and hypocrisy sometimes ends up as a result. To discuss this further however, would be going off-topic in this thread.
I have nothing agisnt fairness and whatnot its just PC zero thought nazis(this includes ultra feminists) tend to constantly contradict themselfs when they try and balance out their ideals in a real world setting, humans do not function well in a setting of strict contrast of 2 tones.

But back to the topic of the show

How is Sekirei doing TV wise? will it make a 2nd season? This show is one of the better ecchi ones to come out in awhile.

How far along is the manga to make content for TV from?
Old 2008-09-05, 15:22   Link #1453
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
Probably the 2nd biggest bummer to me so far with the anime besides taking out some Kazehana fanservice, is that they are skipping over Yukari and Shiina's storyline for the most part (and changing what they aren't skipping), which while not essential, is still a part that I enjoyed.
They could have gotten away with it if they shown a flashback a few episodes back, though they've probably just decided to take another route with them, which i don't mind. It'll be interesting to see what they have planned for the two in the last two episodes.
Old 2008-09-05, 15:27   Link #1454
draaglul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The DVD's will be uncensored.

Regarding episode 09 being uncensored --- it looks like it was a mistake because it was censored on another channel.
thanks that makes a difference. how are you sure the dvd will be uncensored i could not find anything about it i did order the limited edition dvd from cdjapan.co.jp .

i thought to love ru dvd would be uncensored too well everyone thought that but that was not true.

but sekirei does remind me of the second season of ikkitousen
draaglul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 15:27   Link #1455
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draaglul View Post
thanks that makes a difference. how are you sure the dvd will be uncensored i could not find anything about it i did order the limited edition dvd from cdjapan.co.jp .
Because i know these things.
Old 2008-09-05, 17:32   Link #1456
Ultenth

What do you mean To Love Ru wasn't uncensored? I've seen the first 4 and although there aren't all that many scenes to decensor, I can confirm that you do see nip etc. on the DVD versions.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 19:04   Link #1457
draaglul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
What do you mean To Love Ru wasn't uncensored? I've seen the first 4 and although there aren't all that many scenes to decensor, I can confirm that you do see nip etc. on the DVD versions.
then you have better eyesight then me i got the dvd also however they still cover it up with magic sunrays and stuff like that
draaglul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 19:16   Link #1458
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

ermm.. sekirei anyone?

To love ru discussion (ಠ_ಠ)☞ there.. somewhere.. but not here.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 00:56   Link #1459
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
But man Seo has got twins TWINS i tell you that has gotta be in the top 5 of male fantasies. I think the twins are making Seo nights more than warm. After all they made him promise not to take any other Sekirei but them.
Warm? Seo's nights are positively ELECTRIFYING

It's actually an interesting turn around from when I was introduced to the Tesla-mon pair. They show up as the frequently burned antagonist who were hunting down unattached sekirei. Turns out they believe it to be an act of mercy in order to prevent them from the possibility of joining up with a dirty slacker like Seo
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 02:20   Link #1460
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Can't believe it when I saw Seo in the ED...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, seinen