Sumeragi
Banned

Whisky Tango Fox
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 22:55   Link #1482
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The only person I think that can answer this for us is Undertaker. Though I agree with Sleepy it is a very nice meditation technique.

Though why are we questioning it, why not enjoy the view?
Spoiler for Meditation at its finest:
Since, there's no translation available and my Japanese is only at Eroge level, can't help much there.

But with that been said, I can guess what's going on there. Yamanaka is probably doing a regular zen meditation and our Saru friend goes "you can't reach serene state unless you cut-off all interference from the outside, strip, so I can poke you with a bokken. Don't mind me!!! "

As for historical background of Yamanaka Shikanosuke (formal name Yamanaka Yukimori), here is another potential death candidate. Died four years before Nobunaga's death. He was a royal retainer of Amako clan. Born under a crescent moon and used it as part of his armor and crest, considered as a prodigy in art of battle with extremely good look.

He was extremely royal to Amako clan. Amako clan lost to Mori clan and after a fail attempt to reclaim their land, the majorities of retainers subsequently surrendered to Nobunaga for his protection with Nobunaga promise to restore Amako clan. Nobunaga initially put them under Mitsuhide's command againt Matsunaga's rebellion. After Matunaga's death, Oda gave Amako clan a frontier castle in Kozuki so they can go up against Mori and reclaim their land. However they lost to Mori again while Nobunaga and his main force were now dealing with Honganji (or Hon-neko-ji in Nobuna).

After Honganji falls, the attention in the west shift to Mori clan. Since campaign against Mori was handled by Hideyoshi, Shikanosuke and the rest of Amako clan was technically under Hideyoshi's command.

The original plan was for a two-prone attack with Amako marching toward Kozuki castle in the north path and Hideyoshi from Osaka/Honganji from the south. However Bessho Nagaharu, a minor daimyo put under Hideyoshi's command and was known to despite Hideyoshi, rebelled, which allowed Mori to concentrate once again toward Amako clan. This time Shikanosuke was not able to escape and eventually captured and executed by Mori.
Old 2012-08-15, 23:03   Link #1483
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

wow..

so if we twist history to adapt it..

Nobuna, gets killed by matsuhide from a yandere moment because she cant have saru.
And the twins tie up saru's retainer who has the largest breast and slowly defile / kills her?

:O
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 23:09   Link #1484
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
wow..

so if we twist history to adapt it..

Nobuna, gets killed by matsuhide from a yandere moment because she cant have saru.
And the twins tie up saru's retainer who has the largest breast and slowly defile / kills her?

:O
Oda Nobuna no Yabou does include death, but not to this degree. Though I will suspect the conflict of Nobuna and Akechi will come into light in the future. It is a kind of torture a bit, because we don't know how the author will arrange the historic events. Since we know the original history of the story, it makes the waiting to see what happens feel agonizing.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 23:19   Link #1485
Undertaker

Basically, for most Sengoku gamers, outside of trying to avoid Honnoji incident and save Nobunaga, finding ways of preventing the death of Hanbei and Shikanosuke was your two top priorities as well if you are playing as Nobunaga or Hideyoshi. As Sagara mentioned, talents are everything in those historical sim games.

Shikanosuke is an interesting historical figure, one of the ones where the body of work doesn't quite match up to the high praises. All the records shown regarded him as a top talent. The historians also has high view of him due to his royalty to Amako clan. But when you look as his life's body work, it has been a failure after failure and lose after lose, not just for his clan but him as well. The only bright spot was when he was under Mitsuhide's command against Matsunaga's rebellion.
Old 2012-08-16, 00:02   Link #1486
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Whisky Tango Fox
Foxtrot.

That aside, those who keep themselves to the anime won't see it coming, but even if I said that, it's hard to believe it'll be a great shock because... you know, spoilers leak around a lot, they spread fast like a drop of liquid in the water. And as usual, we're not the only ones on the Internet who already knew Nagamasa's true gender.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 00:08   Link #1487
Sumeragi
Banned

Yes, but at the same time it has been a pretty well-kept secret in that particular thread, so I'm certain anime-only people will be shocked.
Old 2012-08-16, 00:29   Link #1488
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Yes, but at the same time it has been a pretty well-kept secret in that particular thread, so I'm certain anime-only people will be shocked.
Anime-only people who stick furiously to the "anime only, no content from other media" principle and don't veer anywhere else? Maybe, if they do that and don't accidentally find spoilers.

But then, I can't deny the amusement factor of the shocked reactions that will show itself in time.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 09:04   Link #1489
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Basically, for most Sengoku gamers, outside of trying to avoid Honnoji incident and save Nobunaga, finding ways of preventing the death of Hanbei and Shikanosuke was your two top priorities as well if you are playing as Nobunaga or Hideyoshi. As Sagara mentioned, talents are everything in those historical sim games.

Shikanosuke is an interesting historical figure, one of the ones where the body of work doesn't quite match up to the high praises. All the records shown regarded him as a top talent. The historians also has high view of him due to his royalty to Amako clan. But when you look as his life's body work, it has been a failure after failure and lose after lose, not just for his clan but him as well. The only bright spot was when he was under Mitsuhide's command against Matsunaga's rebellion.
Yeah.. Unfortunately life isn't so kind that talent necessarily gets you where you need to be. You can be incredibly talented and grow up in the wrong era.. or with a poor inheritance.. or any other number of factors!

I find it interesting how famous Miyamoto Musashi is, considering he was just a warrior and he continuously fought in battles where his side lost.. As for pure martial prowess, there's strong arguments that there were other warriors more talented as him as well.. but he's the most well know.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 09:30   Link #1490
kazzuya13

I saw the illustration of volume 9 so it seems that Hanbei didn't die.
*wiping the sweat out of forehead*Phew~~~
Thank god. I don't want her to die
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 09:44   Link #1491
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
I saw the illustration of volume 9 so it seems that Hanbei didn't die.
*wiping the sweat out of forehead*Phew~~~
Thank god. I don't want her to die
I am pretty sure you meant tears. Still it is great she is still alive. Without her sadist fans would no longer have any interest in this Novel, no I take that back there are a lot more Loli they will have fun bullying.
Old 2012-08-16, 16:11   Link #1492
Sumeragi
Banned

Anyone up for a light summary of Volume 9? Thinking of writing one sometime tonight.
Old 2012-08-16, 16:17   Link #1493
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Anyone up for a light summary of Volume 9? Thinking of writing one sometime tonight.
Am interested, I will surely love reading your work.
Old 2012-08-16, 16:27   Link #1494
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
I'm game for that Sume.
Old 2012-08-16, 17:00   Link #1496
churchblue
Banned

Here, here.
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 17:09   Link #1497
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
I am pretty sure you meant tears. Still it is great she is still alive. Without her sadist fans would no longer have any interest in this Novel, no I take that back there are a lot more Loli they will have fun bullying.
you mean me?
Old 2012-08-16, 17:12   Link #1498
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
you mean me?
Well are you a sadist my friend, I am in between the two.
Old 2012-08-16, 17:19   Link #1499
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
Well are you a sadist my friend, I am in between the two.
well i won't denied it after all that my true nature.
by the way where i can found summaries for vol 6,7,and 8?
Old 2012-08-16, 17:21   Link #1500
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
well i won't denied it after all that my true nature.
by the way where i can found summaries for vol 6,7,and 8?
Haven't been done yet, Mechatrill needs vol 6, 7, and 8 Chinese translation done and available to do that, but they are not done yet. Close, but not yet. Though Sumeragi just said she will a summary of the latest volume, which vol 9.

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem