Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-03-22, 21:43   Link #18841
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I think people are getting carried away with the “volume 12 crammed into one episode” thing. We haven’t received such word, only an episode title that could be a lot of things other than volume 12 and a basic premise. Why would they even think to condense volume 12 in the first place? It doesn’t make sense. The only way it makes any sense is if it’s not condensed, rather intentionally left a cliffhanger leading into a fourth season. Which is still odd enough.

This feels more like it’s going to be a whacky anime original episode like the onsen episode of S1.
Yeah you’re absolutely right, it’s just that the title of the episode, and the image they showed for the preview which showed a monitor readout of a body with the names of the Spirits on the sides connected to it, with said connections disappearing as the body turns red. Is kinda making a lot of people I myself included jump to the worst possible conclusion.

Looking back it’s entirely possible the title of the episode and preview image are just meant to be massive red herrings, for a episode of harem antics. But that sense of paranoia is gonna haunt everyone until the episode airs
Old 2019-03-23, 05:20   Link #18842
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemporalHour View Post
Out of curiosity, Tohka can't exist without the existence of Spirit Energy in the world, right? I'm just trying to grasp the lore again, considering I'm not really up to date with the newer volumes.
From what I can tell by piecing together the spoilers for volume 20, due to Mio’s death the Spirit energy is going to disappear with her since it all originally came from her, as such this will result in Tohka disappearing due to lacking a normal human body as she is a pure Spirit like Mio, with her body made of Spirit energy

Next part of Volume 20’s final chapter is translated as we move closer to the end
Spoiler for Final chapter excerpt 4: Tohka’s goodbye:
Old 2019-03-23, 16:01   Link #18843
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

If Touka was made by Mio just like Shidou, hey, even if she gets away with the OTP it still would be wincest end
Old 2019-03-23, 16:16   Link #18844
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
If Touka was made by Mio just like Shidou, hey, even if she gets away with the OTP it still would be wincest end
Tohka was created by Mio by complete accident, plus from what I remember they really aren’t related.
Old 2019-03-24, 02:24   Link #18845
cyberdemon

Tohka was created by Mio’s spirit power, not blood. Shidou is essentially a clone of Shinji using Mio as a surrogate given the ability to absorb Mio’s spirit power. They are only connected spiritually and not by any blood.
Old 2019-03-25, 12:18   Link #18846
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Final chapter of volume 20 has finished translating, and is now available on the Date A Live Discord channel, and the Date A Live LN translation group on FaceBook. So please send your thanks to Vizard as he is known on Discord for his work. For consistencies sake I will be crossposting the remainder of it here.
One important thing to note is Vizard thinks Yoshino confessed to Shidou for Tohka’s sake due to how she was acting like everything was okay and thus wanted to force her to confess her feelings, and after reading it for myself I’m inclined to agree.
Spoiler for Final chapter excerpt 5: knew it was coming but doesn’t hurt any less:
Old 2019-03-25, 14:41   Link #18847
Some random Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker213 View Post
Final chapter of volume 20 has finished translating, and is now available on the Date A Live Discord channel, and the Date A Live LN translation group on FaceBook. So please send your thanks to Vizard as he is known on Discord for his work. For consistencies sake I will be crossposting the remainder of it here.
One important thing to note is Vizard thinks Yoshino confessed to Shidou for Tohka’s sake due to how she was acting like everything was okay and thus wanted to force her to confess her feelings, and after reading it for myself I’m inclined to agree.
Spoiler for Final chapter excerpt 5: knew it was coming but doesn’t hurt any less:
Where is this Facebook page?

Link please...
Some random Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-25, 14:56   Link #18848
Some random Otaku

Quote:
Well, I think that clears things up.

Looks like Yoshino's intention was never to confess to Shido.
Rather, she just wanted him and Tohka to stop hiding their true feeling from each other, and her confessing to Shido was the catalyst for this.
Some random Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-25, 16:01   Link #18849
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some random Otaku View Post
Well, I think that clears things up.

Looks like Yoshino's intention was never to confess to Shido.
Rather, she just wanted him and Tohka to stop hiding their true feeling from each other, and her confessing to Shido was the catalyst for this.
Don’t think that’s it exactly, pretty sure it’s more like Yoshino saw through how Tohka was trying to put up a brave front and became upset about how she was trying to act like she was okay with disappearing. So Yoshino decided to go and confess to Shido in an attempt to incite Tohka to admit her actual feelings on what was happening, with the time she had left
Old 2019-03-26, 04:30   Link #18850
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Don’t think that’s it exactly, pretty sure it’s more like Yoshino saw through how Tohka was trying to put up a brave front and became upset about how she was trying to act like she was okay with disappearing. So Yoshino decided to go and confess to Shido in an attempt to incite Tohka to admit her actual feelings on what was happening, with the time she had left
The lit critic in me agrees with Seeker, here, honestly. It's really nice to see Yoshino being so mature, and to see how much she - and the other girls - care about Tohka.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-26, 23:49   Link #18851
Zangor17

So assuming there isn't a major delay or something the series should be ending with the next volume, so like August or September based on the release track record?

Man the wait is gonna be intense. Date a Live is a series I love following and am genuinely surprised never got picked up for the west in one of the publishing companies big license acquiring sprees.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-27, 01:34   Link #18852
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangor17 View Post
So assuming there isn't a major delay or something the series should be ending with the next volume, so like August or September based on the release track record?

Man the wait is gonna be intense. Date a Live is a series I love following and am genuinely surprised never got picked up for the west in one of the publishing companies big license acquiring sprees.
Pretty much, yeah, unless some kind of epilogue is then released next Spring.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go
Old 2019-03-27, 05:48   Link #18853
Estzero1

Quote:
I personaly don't think so. The next thing we probably could get even before Vol.21 is Encore 9. That's how I would do it.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-27, 05:53   Link #18854
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
August/September could be another Encore, that or in winter. There’s still side stories left to volume-ize.
Old 2019-03-27, 06:23   Link #18855
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

I think the point they're making is that for the last couple of years, the release schedule has been a main volume in March, followed by a main volume in August/September, followed by an Encore in October-December. Of course, release schedules change all the time, so that's not really that reliable a basis.

What is that reliable a basis is Tachibana not saying that Encore 9 is the next book, and instead talking about V21.

Letting Go
Old 2019-03-27, 06:51   Link #18856
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
I think the point they're making is that for the last couple of years, the release schedule has been a main volume in March, followed by a main volume in August/September, followed by an Encore in October-December. Of course, release schedules change all the time, so that's not really that reliable a basis.
I know that’s their point, because it’s the point I always make.
But from a business perspective, it would be smarter to get the sidestories out before you end the series, so far all we know they may change it up. *shrug* We’ll see in a few months.
Old 2019-03-27, 07:21   Link #18857
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I know that’s their point, because it’s the point I always make.
But from a business perspective, it would be smarter to get the sidestories out before you end the series, so far all we know they may change it up. *shrug* We’ll see in a few months.
Oh, I agree it'd make more sense - whole-heartedly, in fact.
Though personally, I still think we'll get an epilogue/some other type of post-end volume and a tenth Encore (we already have enough stories for Encore 9, and we've got a several months to accumulate enough for Encore 10). So I guess my expected schedule would be...

Summer - DAL V21 + DAB V6
Autumn/Winter - DAL Encore V9
March - DAL V22 (around the time V1 was first published) + DAB V7
Summer - DAL Encore 10

Then hopefully an something like 'Date A Live Artbook 2 -INVERSE-' or something. As for DAB...I'm not yet sure if the afterword says anything like DAL 20's does, regarding it ending, but the plot does seem to be heading towards a final confrontation with WQ if not next volume than the volume after. I wouldn't be too surprised if we got 10 - one for each region, but seeing as Kurumi knocks out four-in-one in V5, I think 7 is a likelier bet.

Letting Go
Old 2019-03-27, 19:10   Link #18858
Vendinine

Shido is omnipotent?

Just wanted to ask and throw this out there. Shido did use Ain Soph in the recent novel. Ain Soph is an angel that can literally bend reality and erase beings from existence. Doesn’t that make Shidō essentially omnipotent or at least close with power comparable to a God.
Vendinine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-27, 21:32   Link #18859
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendinine View Post
Just wanted to ask and throw this out there. Shido did use Ain Soph in the recent novel. Ain Soph is an angel that can literally bend reality and erase beings from existence. Doesn’t that make Shidō essentially omnipotent or at least close with power comparable to a God.
He used Ain, not Ain Soph. But yes, if he has Mio's Angel's, then he's definitely on the level of a god. But we aren't sure he still does after V20's ending, so...

Letting Go
Old 2019-03-27, 23:25   Link #18860
nightsword

Man, people won't give up the idea of 22 volumes. The whole Kallabah notion is a ridiculously blow out of proportion as Spirit eyes. Volume 20's afterword outright says that volume 21 is the final volume to end the story.

Also, yeah. Shido uses all three of Mio's angels during the final battle.
nightsword is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy