AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2023-01-24, 10:55   Link #1941
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

MC has the Social Links for the female members and FeMC for the male ones. Yep, it's weird but that's how it was, there were no SL for the guys in the original.

And yes, there's a compendium and it carries over. Although I don't know it if carries over to a playthrough with FeMC. I think the two are completely separate.
Old 2023-01-24, 11:01   Link #1942
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
MC has the Social Links for the female members and FeMC for the male ones. Yep, it's weird but that's how it was, there were no SL for the guys in the original.
If you pay attention to the monologues in each social link, the MC pays attention always to the idea of dating like "it's still too early to start a relationship" in contrast to the monologue from P4 where the MC is more calm about whether the bond should or should not be romantic
Old 2023-01-24, 16:52   Link #1943
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Kotone route still lets you S.Link the girls, the relationship is just... different. The boys' SL take over the arcana of other (mostly) school SL; Junpei becomes Magician, Akihiko Star, Shinjiro Moon, and Ken Justice.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-24, 18:45   Link #1944
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Kotone route still lets you S.Link the girls, the relationship is just... different. The boys' SL take over the arcana of other (mostly) school SL; Junpei becomes Magician, Akihiko Star, Shinjiro Moon, and Ken Justice.
I didn't know that. In a way, her route makes more sense. After all, why wouldn't the MC build strong bonds with all of his teammates?
Old 2023-01-25, 02:10   Link #1945
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
I didn't know that. In a way, her route makes more sense. After all, why wouldn't the MC build strong bonds with all of his teammates?
Nah FemMC route takes away the one thing that propelled character development of all SEES members all so she can romance one of the members. She also goes to romance a Kindergarten boy. Yikes.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-25, 07:19   Link #1946
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Nah FemMC route takes away the one thing that propelled character development of all SEES members all so she can romance one of the members. She also goes to romance a Kindergarten boy. Yikes.
Whether she romances them is your choice. That said, yes, there should have never been an option to take away what you're talking about.
Old 2023-01-25, 10:33   Link #1947
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I'm guessing the answer is no but I'll ask anyway... have you actually played the Kotone route?
Old 2023-01-25, 12:42   Link #1948
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Why do I get the feeling someone read a certain article that praised certain modders who removed the option to romance said character despite the fact that you can make the choice not to...
Old 2023-06-08, 19:22   Link #1949
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Persona 5 Tactica and Persona 3 Reload seem to have leaked on Instagram.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by stray; 2023-06-13 at 07:26. Reason: HQ Video
Old 2023-06-08, 21:19   Link #1950
Twi

We can control the characters in P3 now?
Old 2023-06-08, 23:04   Link #1951
Frontier

Persona 5 goes Tactical RPG! At least this is getting dubbed unlike the last Q game. Still not an Arena game .

(I wonder if they'll bring back more of the other Phantom Thieves from past games?).

I can't believe the P3 remake is real .
Old 2023-06-08, 23:42   Link #1952
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I can definitely get behind a P3 remake. Not a game I've gone back to replay much...or at all since the original game. But it looks good and if they take the chance to bring some improved elements from P4/P5 into it then I could see myself picking that up for sure.

Tactical game. Maybe. Honestly, the spinoffs aren't something I focus on too much.
Old 2023-06-09, 03:44   Link #1953
GDB

I have just as much faith in P5 Tactical as they do. That is to say, since they've already abandoned the Japanese market by only releasing on Microsoft: zero faith.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-09, 05:29   Link #1954
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I feel that we should separate P3 stuff to its own thread.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-09, 05:31   Link #1955
SidVicious
Anime addict

Nice to see the best Persona game remade.
Old 2023-06-09, 06:32   Link #1956
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Wonder if Persona 3 will have the female MC or...... make the male MC bisexual. It's one of the biggest desires I heard back in 5.
Old 2023-06-09, 13:18   Link #1957
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I feel that we should separate P3 stuff to its own thread.
I ended up necroing the P3 thread but there won't be much to talk about if it ends up being little more than a graphical overhaul. We really don't know how much of an update this is to the base game though, and whether or not there will be a FeMC, or the Answer, or maybe both as paid DLC or something (it IS Atlus). I'm really not sure how I feel about the new sprites... Yukari and Junpei look off somehow.

I never really got into the Q series (only had a 3DS for a few months) but I might give Tactica a shot on Steam Deck.
Old 2023-06-10, 07:06   Link #1958
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Oh wait. A P3 Remake is announced? Hell yeah, Finally. Now I get to play my favorite Persona game again

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-10, 07:48   Link #1959
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

We're at the point that Tartarus' randomly generating floors may no longer be acceptable to most people.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-10, 10:53   Link #1960
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I have just as much faith in P5 Tactical as they do. That is to say, since they've already abandoned the Japanese market by only releasing on Microsoft: zero faith.
it's not an Xbox exclusive. It was a trailer meant to be shown at Microsoft's showcase so of course they'll only mention their platforms.

This is common practice. You can see it with Sonic Superstars, where the trailer on the Playstation official YouTube only show PS5|PS4 while it only says Xbox on Xbox's channel.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2023-06-10 at 11:16.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
persona 5, ps3, shin megami tensei