AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-06, 13:56   Link #741
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Just when I was thinking based on everything up until epi 10 that I was fine with the anime original stuff...what the hell was that...
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 16:52   Link #742
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What worries me is - is it planned with the mangaka? Does it mean the same damn thing is going to happen there?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 17:35   Link #743
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Sure as hell better NOT be, I'll tell you that much
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 18:07   Link #744
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Yeah seriously. I am barely recovering from this. It was a really bad blow.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 19:34   Link #745
Johnny
Working the bags...

Never fear, for that promise Musubi made to Chiho will come to pass or I'll eat my mouse...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 19:40   Link #746
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
>_> wow unexpected... i knew from episode 9 that this anime will have its own original ending but this episode...
Old 2010-09-06, 20:22   Link #747
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Never fear, for that promise Musubi made to Chiho will come to pass or I'll eat my mouse...
Yeah about the only thing that saved that episode for me was Musubi's promise. I mean sure she doesn't know everything that's going on, but someone with that kind of mindset will make things happen. It's not the last we've seen of Uzume that's for sure. Though it probably won't be any time soon.

Still poor Uzume. Really liked her character and going out like this was just wrong. The fight against Musubi felt weird with them both throwing some attacks and then just collapsing . Then they just have to go with the sacrifice by Uzume to save Musubi.

The good thing was the flashbacks between Uzume and Chiho. They better find a way to save Chiho. Also loved Matsu just unleashing hell upon Higa. Never piss her off or she will just destroy your life.
Old 2010-09-06, 21:55   Link #748
Francismeunier
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
That's nice but do wonder if they will make with the Sekirei of Fate something of what they did in the end of Mai-HiMe if anyone knows what happened they will know what I mean.
Old 2010-09-06, 22:28   Link #749
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Still going from episode 7. Will watch the rest later when I got time. Enjoyed the many scenes, but I enjoyed the pics of the DS since they look so badass, especially Karasuba, I have to admit.

Spoiler for Space:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 22:55   Link #750
andy

Don't post much but thank god for manga land unless the mangaka has something like that planed .
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 23:42   Link #751
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Still going from episode 7. Will watch the rest later when I got time. Enjoyed the many scenes, but I enjoyed the pics of the DS since they look so badass, especially Karasuba, I have to admit.

Spoiler for Space:
Eh? If anyone in that pic look bad ass is Miya! Karasuba is still bad ass now. Miya not as much as in that pic so that is why I like her bad ass attitude.
Old 2010-09-07, 00:15   Link #752
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'm sure everyone will kill me for saying this, but I saw it coming early in the episode. Once they started the flashbacks and how precious Uzume and Chiho were to each other, I KNEW one of them was gonna die. My money was on Uzume because she's a Seikirei (we haven't seen many Ashikabi die in this show, if any). Unfortunately I was right.

How did I know, you ask? Well, we had never seen ANY detailed flashbacks about how Uzume and Chiho became partners. Not to mention I don't read the manga like I assume most of the rest of you do, so I guess I had no preconceptions to distract me.

Kinda a pathetically cliched ending for Uzume's death, I thought she deserved better than what she got. I seriously wonder if the mangaka just doesn't care about the anime version, if it's as different from the manga as I glean from everyone else's surprise/outrage.
Old 2010-09-07, 01:02   Link #753
karuroso

HELL YEAAAAAAAH!!! YURI KISS!!! =D

And that's the 3rd series now in this season, what actually surprises me more regarding this is we have more in this season than in the the previous seasons where we had actually shows that were in fact described as yuri =O

Now regarding the ep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What worries me is - is it planned with the mangaka? Does it mean the same damn thing is going to happen there?
Quote:
Exactly D= hell they went a bit too far with the original stuff! I supose considering the damn slow pace the author release one chapter i think they already had planned to not make any possibility for a 3rd season, if they had i doubt they would choose this path for the original content.
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 04:33   Link #754
msg

Digging the song

Last edited by msg; 2010-09-07 at 05:20.
msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 10:30   Link #755
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I think it was a good episode.
Spoiler:

The ending was really nice

Now, it's time for Higa to pay

Last edited by Kusa-San; 2010-09-07 at 10:55.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 12:13   Link #756
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

I hope Chiho catches a break. She deserves it.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 12:39   Link #757
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I probably should say that Uzume, technically, is not "dead".

Currently, her status is simply "terminated" as in knocked out of the Sekirei Plan, and with a Level 4 critical state (5 being the highest, according to Matsu).

Hell, so far, we have yet to actually see any actual dead Sekirei besides, physically anyway, Yume. Otherwise, even the ones we see Karasuba and the Disciplinary Squad take out seemed to only be a Level 4 state from what we've seen...though, the way some lie on the ground in a pool of blood can definitely give off that "dead" impression x_x;
Old 2010-09-07, 15:04   Link #758
Irie

I actually feel this was the best option for the story to move forward. It gets to the point you feel their isn't a single obstacle the north can't overcome. It also gives motivation and a determination to move forward. Something that just can't happen without some major event. I prefer uzume "leaving" the game over any of the other girls.

That being said, I also like uzume and felt the pain over her loss. I really did like her charactor and this was a major shock. It's time for Minato to "man-up" and show some backbone. Every event seems to motivate him for just a brief time like spent fuel. Like to see a permanent change starting with a little revenge on Higa. Last thing I want to see is the standard "begging for a favor" when he confronts Higa. Gaining honor by losing face kind of deal.
Old 2010-09-07, 15:33   Link #759
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
I probably should say that Uzume, technically, is not "dead".

Currently, her status is simply "terminated" as in knocked out of the Sekirei Plan, and with a Level 4 critical state (5 being the highest, according to Matsu).

Hell, so far, we have yet to actually see any actual dead Sekirei besides, physically anyway, Yume. Otherwise, even the ones we see Karasuba and the Disciplinary Squad take out seemed to only be a Level 4 state from what we've seen...though, the way some lie on the ground in a pool of blood can definitely give off that "dead" impression x_x;
Yes of course you right. It's what I meant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie
Last thing I want to see is the standard "begging for a favor" when he confronts Higa. Gaining honor by losing face kind of deal
Yeah I want him to punch Higa on the face or something like that
Old 2010-09-07, 15:36   Link #760
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Yeah, considering he should now have an idea on what kind of person Higa is and should know that simply asking/begging would get him nowhere except boosting Higa's ego and making himself look pathetically weak in Higa's eyes.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, seinen