AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-03, 17:23   Link #81
dxgarten

Episode 01 screencaps and impression

Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-03, 17:39   Link #82
Kamille-MkII
Go U.C.

Amazing. Loved the OP/ED and I think Light's voice is perfect. Only slight differences from the manga.
Old 2006-10-03, 18:07   Link #83
Super Ska Master

Ugh..How long does it take to sub something? I wanna watch the damn show! T_T
Old 2006-10-03, 18:22   Link #84
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Death Note raws are coming one after another, currently there are 4. The subbing groups might have difficulty in selecting the raw, unless they have their own sources.
Old 2006-10-03, 18:24   Link #85
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

This first episode wins. Even though it was just one episode, I was threatening myself to mentally throw out Sunrise/Bones as the leading studios of simple visual art/coordination/directing and deem Madhouse the new king.

Frankly, the use of the sublime athmosphere, lighting effects, EVERYTHING in the basic knowledge of visual enhancement to improve the quality of a show, not just anime in particular can be seen from the first episode. Not to mention the quality of the music as well.

As for the whole ending of DN, it was done that way because the Jump editor requested for an ending in which
Spoiler for Ending:
There's no way that the editor would ask for a rushed ending, considering how famous DN is in Japan. It's not some disposable SJ title for god's sake.

Personally, I have only minor problem with how DN progressed and ended, (( I thought there were things that could've been improved from Raito's standpoint of view )), but let's not continue this here. We're in the anime thread, and just watching episode 1, while it appears faithful, they've also seem to go the extra length to ensure that this anime adaption is done at it's best possible way. Let's complain when it needs to be, and not now.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-10-03, 18:33   Link #86
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
As for the whole ending of DN, it was done that way because the Jump editor requested for an ending in which
Spoiler for Ending:
There's no way that the editor would ask for a rushed ending, considering how famous DN is in Japan. It's not some disposable SJ title for god's sake.
That reason is understandable considering the popularity of the series, and its impact on even I guess children. But, that might also mean the ending may not be what the authors actually desired (or even planned), considering how the ending is presented. I don't know the level of control the editors can have on the TV series, but I hope not completely. I really wish for a non-jump edited ending.
Old 2006-10-03, 18:47   Link #87
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Despite all the awesomeness, I wasn't 100% sold on episode 1 until the big writing sequence near the end. That was absolute brilliance.

Quote:
Spoiler for Ending:
Source?
Old 2006-10-03, 18:50   Link #88
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Wow.

Just saw the raw, along with a couple other raws (D.Gray-man, Ghost Hunt, Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge; I'm currently acquiring Shounen Omyouji at the moment), and I have to say, Madhouse's animation quite literally blows all other series away. Like Nightengale said, it seems that BONES has some tough competition now. I hope they'll keep this quality constant throughout the entire series.

Speaking of which, how long will the DEATH NOTE anime be? Having read the manga in its entirety, I'd say that the series would fit nicely under the 39 - 52 episode range. The first arc could take up a little more than a season (a season typically spanning 26 episodes long) or so. Though 52 might be stretching it a bit. They'd need to stretch scenes out or add a bit of filler for that, but adding filler to a phsychologically tense drama like DEATH NOTE would seem a little out of place.

In addition to animation quality, the direction was stunning. It's rare to see split screens being simultaneously panned in an anime. I especially liked the multi-colored artistic screens in the opening theme, though the song itself isn't my preference of music. (Not so much into visual-kei, I like jrock better.) As a whole, the themes are suitable for the series, considering the plot and subject matter.

It's hard not to relate Miyano's voice to Tamaki every time I hear him, though. I keep getting this involuntary expectation that Raito will turn into a blundering narcissistic blond idiot randomly during the show. Maybe someone with the likes of Kyouya's voice (from Ouran, that is) would be more fitting for Raito. I'm looking forward to hear how Yamaguchi Kappei voices L.

This is one show I'll definitely follow through for the season.

~ Noodlehead

Last edited by Noodlehead; 2006-10-03 at 19:00.
Old 2006-10-03, 18:51   Link #89
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Source?
Here

The actual source link is dead apparently, but the ones who've posted after me can vouch for it's credibility.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2006-10-03, 18:55   Link #90
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Here

The actual source link is dead apparently, but the ones who've posted after me can vouch for it's credibility.
Thanks for the link, but I'm not really sure that I see this as being conclusive. Just because the editor felt one way doesn't imply that the Ohba felt the opposite way. I find it hard to believe that because even the very early chapters contain extremely heavy foreshadowing for the ending that we got. Seriously, when I went back and started re-reading Death Note, I was blown away by all of the little signs that pointed toward exactly what was going to happen, even from the beginning.
Old 2006-10-03, 19:04   Link #91
lommm
l'homme de lommm

WOW!! The encode was a little washed out, but the actual show met and beat my expectations!! This looks like the best show of the fall season!!

In case anyone would like it!!
Old 2006-10-03, 19:40   Link #92
Super Ska Master

When will it be subbed!? I want it..T_T
Old 2006-10-03, 19:42   Link #93
Mb81

Without any doubt the best anime apdation of this year. I dunno if i even saw something better yet. Just flawless.
Old 2006-10-03, 19:42   Link #94
baconbleach

This looks very promising
Old 2006-10-03, 19:43   Link #95
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Sigh. I am still waiting for the sub. However, I saw the brilliant screenshots up at some of the blogs. Hoho as a DN fan, I would say tt it definitely meet my expectation and wow! the whole animation looks much more creepier than the manga itself. Can't wait to c the first episode.

Anyway, anyone knows how many episodes this series goin to span??

I wonder is there any chances of the anime not adopting the original manga ending... *wishful thinking*

and why i got a feeling that it will be licensed soon, given its popularity in japan... :X
Old 2006-10-03, 19:53   Link #96
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master
When will it be subbed!? I want it..T_T
Patience = virtue.

It's not like you have wait too long either, especially when there are at least 5 groups doing it.

Old 2006-10-03, 19:55   Link #97
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

EDIT:

My fault. Wrong series. Nothing to see here.

*whistles*

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-10-03 at 20:12.
Old 2006-10-03, 19:56   Link #98
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlehead
Speaking of which, how long will the DEATH NOTE anime be? Having read the manga in its entirety, I'd say that the series would fit nicely under the 39 - 52 episode range.
It has been listed as a 37-episodes long series (both Animenewsnetwork and Anidb show the same).
Old 2006-10-03, 20:00   Link #99
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Wow first epi was awesome! and I really like Tamaki's seiyuu for Raito, I think it fits him for some reason, espc when he was doing that evil laugh. Hopefully all the epis will be as good, I cant wait for the sub ^^
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-10-03, 20:02   Link #100
Super Ska Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
It's out. I just saw it pass through on my RSS feed.
AHHH! I don't know what an RS Feed, but will it be on animesuki soon?
Closed Thread