AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 26 32.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 46.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 12.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-27, 22:39   Link #41
Antonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
This is getting pretty good. I have a couple things I want to bring up. First Light doesn't know Ray stopped suspecting him after all Ray only came to that conclusion in his thoughts and hadn't revealed it to anyone yet. As far as Light is concerned he's still a possible suspect; after all Ray did continue to follow him on to the bus. Second, and mind you this is coming from someone who knows nothing about the manga, but doesn't Ray Penbar seem like a rather odd name, a name that was made up, this is a japanese man we're talking about here. It's possible that it's a fake.
FBI is not japanesse, its American. L asked the FBI ( Outside organization) to spy on the japanesse greoup thats in charge of the Kira case.
Old 2006-10-27, 23:40   Link #42
Lumir

Its beggining to really look like light has gone to the "dark side". He plans to kill agents according to the end of the ep and the preview... this in it self is a turning point or so i think. The agents are only doing there job and have not commited any crimes, but just because they are watching him and might suspect him, he is going to kill them? Evil! Cant wait to see how things turn out!

Lol, at ryuk trying to get some life from light...

Ryuk: "these eyes for half your current left lifetime."
Light: "Silly ryuk, thats a no no..."

Last edited by Lumir; 2006-10-28 at 03:18.
Old 2006-10-28, 00:01   Link #43
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Simply the best episode so far, but this will pale in comparison to the next episode. You'll see.

Yuri-chan is cute. Too bad she won't be appearing in this series any longer. Her voice is done by Koshimizu Ami, who did Tenma in School Rumble and Nina in Mai Otome. Wonder if she could switch places with Kudou Haruka (Aka Hagu-chan) for the role of Light's sister? I don't dislike Hagu-chan's voice, but Light's sister Sayu could've sounded better if done by someone else, for me anyway.

For rabid Itachi x Sasuke fans reading Naruto, Raye Penbar is voiced by Ishikawa Hideo, who did Itachi's voice. He also performed as Ukitake (Rukia's captain) in Bleach.

In the live-action movie, Raye simply becomes Raye Iwamatsu, maybe even the director thought Penbar was too peculiar a name for an American, so they just made him keep his Japanese name, since Raye is a Japanese-American anyway.
Old 2006-10-28, 01:56   Link #44
indicatoto101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar View Post
ep4
Spoiler:
I like this analysis. Light is brining unwanted attention to himself. Really, if he believes he is as smart as he thinks he is, he would'nt have been paranoid about someone following him. Paranoia tells you to be cautious, but it makes you psychotic. I guess it's not a problem for Light considering he already is a psycho. But lets see how he covers his tail.
Old 2006-10-28, 04:40   Link #45
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
Its beggining to really look like light has gone to the "dark side". He plans to kill agents according to the end of the ep and the preview... this in it self is a turning point or so i think. The agents are only doing there job and have not commited any crimes, but just because they are watching him and might suspect him, he is going to kill them? Evil! Cant wait to see how things turn out!

Lol, at ryuk trying to get some life from light...

Ryuk: "these eyes for half your current left lifetime."
Light: "Silly ryuk, thats a no no..."
well he thinks that it either "them" or "him"...and Light thinking that he is always right decides that it has to be "them"...he wants to become god but basically hes just a tyrant...
and hoho hes to smart to fall for the shimigami trick

btw...ryuk said that shimigami eyes allowed him to see the name of the person and also the life left in the person does this mean that he already knows when Light will die?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-28, 07:16   Link #46
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well he thinks that it either "them" or "him"...and Light thinking that he is always right decides that it has to be "them"...he wants to become god but basically hes just a tyrant...
and hoho hes to smart to fall for the shimigami trick

btw...ryuk said that shimigami eyes allowed him to see the name of the person and also the life left in the person does this mean that he already knows when Light will die?
Yes, he could, but only a Death God can calculate a human's lifespan from these numbers, there's no way a human being could understand how these numbers are calculated even if he/she has those eyes.

For example, Ryuuk could see that Light has 50 years remaining. If he decides to kill Light now, then Ryuuk would get an extra 50 years to live. If we waits for 20 years before deciding to kill Light, then Ryuuk would only get an extra 30 years.
Old 2006-10-28, 09:53   Link #47
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm glad the anime kept in Light's wing joke at the start.. its not all the time you get to see the humor side of Light, and that one's gotta be one of his best moments. As for the bus scene - it played out just how i wanted it to - i knew for a fact that the anime was going to do a good job - especially the Ryuk scene, nice & dark.

I'm liking Ray a lot more in the anime then i did in the manga. Probably 'cause we're pretty much seeing more if him with the anime spreading out the story a lil' bit more.

Spoiler for Episode 05:
Old 2006-10-28, 10:54   Link #48
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Nice epi! Followed the manga very nice, I really like seeing all the stuff Light does in the manga finally animated XD
Spoiler:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-10-28, 12:51   Link #49
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Well, the limitations on the ability to decide the terms of the death explain a lot. I'd been wondering why he didn't just write "killed in police shootout after murdering the famous detective known as 'L' " as the conditions for some at-large criminal.
Old 2006-10-29, 00:20   Link #50
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Pursuit

Death Note continues to intrigue for how Light cunningly managed the limitations on the rules affecting the victims circumstances prior to death, in order to elaborate an intricate plan to demask Penbar's identity.

It must had taken Light a lot of brainstorming and inventive to manipulate the course of the drug addict's life time to specifically dictate, that he should board the bus at X spot in Y date and time.

The Death Note cannot do the impossible:
1. Such as people dying out of the physical laws. NO SUPERNATURAL or TIME PHASED deaths.
2. People who do not possess knowledge prior to the moment they die.

And I may go on with the list of physical impossibilities that the Death Note covers.

What I learned though is that Death Note demands specifics and timing so to deliver the desired result written on it. In order for the drug addict to have been killed in the traffic accident the moring after the night that Light wrote the bum's name on it, Light carefully staged separated scenarios. Each of this scenarios followed a causal course of action which connect from one to the next within the laws of physics.
The ending outcome came with the hoodlum's demise run over by car forcing the FBI to come out from his hiding spot and played the role that Light intended for as written by the Death Note.

This is malicious cunning, but I wonder if Light carefully took measures as not to overlook any details that otherwise would seem off the mark for L to realise that Light's has been scamming him?

I mean, for example, the drug addict. Why was he not killed right away? Light could have picked up another hoodlum for his strategy.
But if the FBI agent was dreadfully tailing his steps, it would reasonable to assume that Light wanted not to risk to become exposed sooner.

Still, I would not stop pondering that L's already inquiring about the fate of the drug addict, and how come Kira did not picked him right away.

In regards to dxgarten's posts, I'm also agreeing that the motif shifted from Light's crusade to accomplish a world free of evil to Light's and L's one-on-one take on confrontation for this episode.
Old 2006-10-29, 16:56   Link #51
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 4 sure didnt disappoint me. There are couple of things about light that i wanted to get opinions on. Theres no doubt that Light is uber intellgient however i think one of his short comings is hes under estimating L. Hes convienced that no one can touch him including L. The process in which Light got that FBI agent to reveal his name was brilliant. However killing him would be a mistake that might lead L closer to Light. As we all know the FBI is an american branch and L has asked them for their help. Thats all fine and dandy but the sure way to get more people looking for him is too kill an FBI agent the US does not look kindly on one their agents all of suddent dropping dead while on a case they would launch their own investigation. If he did that not only would the Japanese police force be looking for him but the americans would as well. Sure he could make it look like an accident or a heart attack but the fact remains is that an FBI agent died suddenly while investigating a serial killer it would look suspecious anyway he did it. IF L were to keep his activties in Japan it would be in his best intrest once he starts going international other countires would get invovled. Also killing this agent would no long qualify Light as a champion of justice hes killing an innocent which would offcially make him a murderer. Hes only been killing criminals so far but to kill an innocent because hes investigating him goes against everything he stated in the past. At this rate he will be no better than the ones hes been killing off

Next the fact that Light has access to his fathers computer is a good and bad thing. L wanted it reported that the last few victmins died of heart attacks to keep it from Light. Once L figuers out that Light knows the truth he will be more sure than ever that Light has access to the police data banks thats will be one more clue for L to go on. Dont get me wrong i dont think its going to be easy but these little things now can turn into a big deal later on. I still think everyone is light years away from finding out who Light is. Lights ego and over confidence will be his down fall if he doesnt get him self in check

L im getting more and more curious about hes in a room with nothing else but a computer, i wondering what he really does is some rich guy who doesnt have to work thats why he can spend all his time working on this cases or what. I dont think hes a agent for some country but i am wondering what nationality he is.
Old 2006-10-30, 01:08   Link #52
mystictsubasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Well, the limitations on the ability to decide the terms of the death explain a lot. I'd been wondering why he didn't just write "killed in police shootout after murdering the famous detective known as 'L' " as the conditions for some at-large criminal.
Light cannot write that because it falls under what is impossible to accomplish with the Death Note. At this point, only Watari knows who L is. Ep 4 explains it at around the 10 minute mark.
Old 2006-10-30, 13:56   Link #53
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystictsubasa View Post
Light cannot write that because it falls under what is impossible to accomplish with the Death Note. At this point, only Watari knows who L is. Ep 4 explains it at around the 10 minute mark.
He (she?) knows...re-read the first line in his (her?) post. Kikaifan was basically saying that up until they explained how the Death Note operates and that impossible things cannot happen, he (she?) was wondering why Light didn't write that down. >_>
Old 2006-10-30, 20:44   Link #54
myopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicatoto101
Light is brining unwanted attention to himself. Really, if he believes he is as smart as he thinks he is, he would'nt have been paranoid about someone following him. Paranoia tells you to be cautious, but it makes you psychotic.
He's brought unwanted attention to himself? From whom? Wasn't Ray already paying attention to him? And is it paranoia to kill someone whose presence could limit him if he needed to participate in a Kira-related activity that's outside of his room, like he did when he created the drawer to hold his death note?

DoReMiFaSo, if you're still following this topic, you may want to check your PM inbox. It's on the top-right part of the forum interface.
Old 2006-11-01, 13:05   Link #55
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Man talk about suspense this ep. Ok, normally these are not the type of shows I normally watch but I wanted to check the series out since the manga was such a popular and recommended title. The set up this episode was so thought out I found myself on the edge of my seat most of the time. It's the battle of the wits. Though Ryuuk is a pretty interesting death god. But I'm curious to find out if 'L' ever manages to figure out this scenario as he's done with the others. Seems there are no heroes in this series so you don't know who you want to root for. Again the premise of why it's never a good idea to play "god". It becomes a dangerous obsession.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2006-11-01, 14:01   Link #56
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

The death note piece of paper was the best part IMO. And as I thought, Ryuk is just here for his own ecstasy : he'll be no one's ally.

Episode 4 gives me the feeling Raito is less "obsessed" with his urge of cleaning Earth from criminals, and more interested in checking his high and mighty IQ on people...

That would enhance what he said in the first eps : he uses the Note to get himself out of boredom more than anything else.
Old 2006-11-03, 07:07   Link #57
AK-kun
Made of Singapore and Win

Send a message via AIM to AK-kun Send a message via MSN to AK-kun
True, that. Now, he just uses criminals as pawns for his little game of cat-and-mouse against the people who oppose him.
Closed Thread