AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-09-09, 05:15   Link #1
entei08

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Light Novel - New Testament Volume 14 Speculation/Theories

Mod Edit

This is a thread to speculate about developments in Volume 14 of the Index NT Light Novels. Please use the appropriate thread if you want to discuss things that have already happened in released volumes.

Please stay on-topic.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or novel illustrations
  • No posting translations of the novels themselves
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.

Off-topic posting/shipping/"shitposting" = BAN

NOTE: It is assumed that you are familiar with the most recently-released novel content when discussing in this thread. If you are discussing content from recent novels that has yet to be summarized or translated, please use spoiler tags and carefully identify the novel volume you're discussing.

NT14 Preview

无敌だったはずの魔神たちを次々と消し去っていく『理想送り』上里翔流。ついにその『右手』が上条当麻に迫 る。そして両者の激突の键を握るのは、バードウェイ……『姉妹』!?

Kamisato Kakeru with the World Rejecter erases the supposedly invincible Magic Gods one by one. His right hand now presses towards Kamijou Touma...and the one who holds the key to the clash between the two is...the Birdway sisters!?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2015-09-09 at 23:14.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 05:38   Link #2
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Hmm? So the Birdway sisters are returning... Not much to be hyped about for now.
Old 2015-09-09, 06:54   Link #3
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

Patricia Birdway hype! But I'm hoping even if a small role, something else isn't forgotten just one novel later.
Spoiler:
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 08:11   Link #4
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Nice, glad we're staying on track with Kamisato. Should be awesome!
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 08:19   Link #5
Hiromin
A.K.A ElpIDa

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
NT14 Preview

无敌だったはずの魔神たちを次々と消し去っていく『理想送り』上里翔流。ついにその『右手』が上条当麻に迫 る。そして両者の激突の键を握るのは、バードウェイ……『姉妹』!?

Kamisato with World Rejecter erases the supposedly invincible Magic Gods one by one. His right hand now presses towards Kamijou Touma...and the one who holds the key to the clash between the two is...the Birdway sisters!?

Oh this is cool!!
I'm glad to see Leivinia is still present in the story and won't be forgotten like what happened to some of the OT side characters in NT. I hope even more old characters will appear again.
Also, good to see Patricia
I can picture the interactions between the poor Kamijou, the kind Patricia and the teaser (cruel?) Leivinia
I'm so looking forward to this volume

Last edited by Hiromin; 2015-09-09 at 08:44.
Hiromin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 08:19   Link #6
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Why Patricia, though? Her only involvement in the Magic Side is her direct relation with Leivinia, and I don't think that's enough to make her some kind of a key in the fight.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 08:36   Link #7
Wandering Soul

Glad to see Levina is returning. How is Patricia supposed to be important though? She doesn't know about magic and Levina doesn't want her to know about it.
Old 2015-09-09, 09:31   Link #8
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
NT14 Preview

Kamisato Kakeru with the World Rejecter erases the supposedly invincible Magic Gods one by one. His right hand now presses towards Kamijou Touma...and the one who holds the key to the clash between the two is...the Birdway sisters!?
Birdway Sisters…literally two days after I finish my Birdway Sisters Fic, Patricia and Leivinia return to my life.

I'm excited.
Old 2015-09-09, 10:50   Link #9
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Who knows? she has something important to do which is great. Going to be good to see Patricia again. Wonder what that key thing is that those two hold?

Now... Outside Academy City or Inside? I doubt the Kamisato vs Kamijou confrontation will happen anytime soon so...
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 11:05   Link #10
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Now... Outside Academy City or Inside? I doubt the Kamisato vs Kamijou confrontation will happen anytime soon so...
i think it will be inside AC lik any other fight where the enemy went after touma
and i also think they wont fight in NT14, mostlikely this will be a prologue which gives a introduction to kamisato and fanservice with unfunny comdey
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 13:40   Link #11
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Why Patricia, though? Her only involvement in the Magic Side is her direct relation with Leivinia, and I don't think that's enough to make her some kind of a key in the fight.
Eh from what I remember Leivinia or Mark implied that Patricia holds as much talent Leivinia has but she took over their cabal's leadership so Patricia could live a normal life, Mark commented how soft hearted Leivinia is.

Edit

I hope Styil appears, even Leivinia ships Patricia with.him =w=

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2015-09-09 at 14:04.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 17:37   Link #12
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Who knows? she has something important to do which is great. Going to be good to see Patricia again. Wonder what that key thing is that those two hold?

I think it will happen inside the city. So far Touma doesn't have much of a reason to leave the city and it's not like the sisters don't have ways of entering the city.
Old 2015-09-09, 20:00   Link #13
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

I don't know about that, Nephthys seemed to be warning Touma about Kakeru at the end, so he might have to leave with her whether he wants to or not. And If Birdway is and her sister Patricia are involved, then its either a prequel like LevelSeven said, where it starts at the time of kamisato's arrival/appearance, and somehow, by chance, the two of them cross paths with him, or Birdway will actually try to do something noble or once and act as a magical decoy so Touma, Nephthys, Othinus, and Index can.... well, get the hell out of there.

Its pretty obvious that as he is now, Touma doesn't stand a chance against him. That is unless his hand goes full deus ex machina like it almost did a the end of the this current volume. Maybe Ollerus will finally spill the beans about his hand, since he seems to be the only one beside Aleister and Gremlin who even comprehend its true purpose. I'd say Othinus knew, but I think she was just bluffing back when she was toying with him in the other worlds.

I think this might be the tipping point for everyone, since the HP kept going on about destiny/fate, and how Touma isn't affected by any of it. And his misfortune is about to spill over onto other magicians/people/espers, and due to them being too far away for him to help, there might not be anything he can do about it. HP said people are going to die, that doesn't mean they will, or that its unavoidable. But that thing he kept saying about "Its only a matter of time" until he makes up his mind.

(Nobody cares about what my speculations are, as is clearly seen in the speculations thread, but it appeared to that what he was referring to before he kicked the bucket, was that the events that are about to unfold are predetermined by destiny.)

This could possibly mean that Birdway might actually die first in this next volume instead of Othinus.

I'm going to end things there, since my post has gotten pretty long. And nobody likes reading long things.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 21:04   Link #14
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
NT14 Preview

Oh wow, this I didn't expect. The imouto returns And brings her own as well? Cue Touma having to dance around Patricia to hide magic is a thing.

Actually, kinda makes sense Birdy pays attention to someone appearing who can a) kill gods like its nothing, and b) brings a completely new power to the game. And helping Touma out as well. With Birdy, it could be all of the above.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 03:20   Link #15
The One Above God
Kamijou

Ooooohhhhh!!!!! Initiating NT14 hype . Anyway, didn't really expect the Birdway sisters to suddenly appear on this one. Looking forward to they mayhem that's about to unfold in the upcoming volume now that the Birdway sisters are involved .

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 03:53   Link #16
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Oh so much HYPE! I hope we get character development and info on the 2 sisters plus an epic showdown for the fight between 2 special right hands. I also wonder how these 2 hold the key between Kamijou and Kamisato's fight...
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 05:14   Link #17
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Looks like I'm late to the party. At this point it's like clockwork with the releases.

I'll echo what everyone's saying though- I didn't expect the Birdway sisters to be back, specifically the younger sister.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 06:59   Link #18
NWJY
Newbei Enter

THere is no safe time for Touma such a misfortune for him
NWJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 08:04   Link #19
LazyHunter

I'm curious to see what roles will the Birdway sisters play.

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2015-09-10 at 16:42.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 13:09   Link #20
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Things are looking good. Btw was the release date given with the synopsis? I only came to this forum by chance when I noticed this thread.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote