AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-04-14, 09:37   Link #61
Rahan

Mifune's bodyguard is the dude who confronted Suigetsu and Juugo.

I guess they really got captured.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 09:52   Link #62
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I have a feeling this training won't get boring. Naruto will act clueless and Kirabi will teach him the ways of the world. Kirabi is basically a replacement for Jiraiya. Until Kisame drags him away.
Yeah I kind of look forward to this as long as it's done well too. I really hope it's not just rushed through like crazy as the sage training was. It seemed a bit much that Naruto masters that after about three or four manga's and as many days. Especially considering he didn't use the clone trick to nearly the extent he did for FRS.

I would rather Kishi takes this chance to develop Shikamaru and other chuunnin during the war and breaks to Naruto and Kirabi for humor purposes. Yeah I know many of the chuunnin are nothing but "wall paper" atm, but then use this as an opportunity to write some stories about them. Having been ignored before is not a guarentee they will always be ignored. Heck Shikamaru was one of the least interesting characters to me during the Chuunnin exams and now he's about the most developed character of any of the kids besides Naruto and Sasuke.

Wishful thinking though. I'm sure Naruto will master his training in a handful of manga just in time for Tobi to bring in the cavalry to the island and have a giant tailed monsters vs zombie fight. While elsewhere all the other chuunnin are arguing over Sasuke and practicing throwing kuni.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 10:17   Link #63
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Naruto's pacing is too fast and Bleach's pacing is too slow, One Piece has it just right. Not too fast, not too slow.
Like if you think about it Naruto has jumped from: Gaara dies and comes back, Naruto sees Sasuke, Kakuzu kills Asuma, Konoha defeats Hidan and Kakuzu, Sasuke kills Oro, Jiraiya goes to fight Pain, Sasuke fights and kills Deidara, Pain kills Jiraiya, Sasuke kills Itachi and gains MS.
Big reveal of the history of Konoha, Sasuke captures Kirabi, Naruto learns Sage Mode, Pain attacks, Pain dies, Kage Summit, Sasuke fights the kages, big war is declared, Sasuke kills Danzou, confronts Team 7, gains EMS and now Naruto is going to gain Kyuubi power up.

This has whole happened with no real breaks in-between, what Soul Eater and One Piece do very well, is have a few break chapters with not as much action but things happen. In Soul Eater secondary characters may take the spotlight for a while and do investigations, new things get found out and they relax a bit. One Piece they have the in-between chapters of revealing new information and getting to their next destination.

Naruto skips most of that, preferring to jump action to action with a few reveals during said action and Bleach drags out the action scenes too long.

Danzou for instance, built up to be the mysterious, war-hawk and dark side of Konoha. He finally becomes Hokage, 10 or so chapters later, he's dead. A brutally wasted character who had a chance at being a major plot point.

Hahaha! Bleach, well-written story, you sir are a great comedian!
Well I didn't say the story was well written...just that I think It's better than naruto in terms of character development. I do agree that its slow paced...but that's because the fighting is dragged our way too long lol
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 10:27   Link #64
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Well I didn't say the story was well written...just that I think It's better than naruto in terms of character development. I do agree that its slow paced...but that's because the fighting is dragged our way too long lol
Oh really? Character development?

Tatsuki, Keigo, Yuzuu? Remember those names? Kubo gave them character development and then forgot about them. (oooo, reiatsu perception!)

Vaizards? Remember those guys? Trashed like fodder. Kensei goes Bankai and we never even see his fight. The rest of the Vizards don't even bother going Bankai and get owned.

Captains? Similar to Vizards, trashed like fodder.

Ishida/Chad? The last time they got a power up was x trillion chapters ago. Wasn't Ishida supposed to be Ichigo's rival? Speaking of whom, what happened to his dad? Does he just like seeing KT attacked? Wasn't he all about protecting the living? That'd be about time he got his ass out of his hospital office.

It's like the protagonists enjoy getting beat up without going all out. Just for the battle damaged look. They probably think it makes them look cool.

/end rant.

Naruto, at least, -has- character development. Character development in Bleach == power up.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 10:30   Link #65
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
I'd almost agree that Bleach does a better job at developing it's side characters... but in all fairness, Ichigo has a band of half a dozen characters that march around everywhere he goes as opposed to Naruto's 15 original gennin (including the sand) who are mostly on separate teams meaning they don't follow him into every mission.
If you want to include all the captains in Bleach, fine, but most of them don't have any more character development than the original gennin in Naruto.
I'd rather have a thing like Naruto where they are all on separate teams and taking part in different missions than following him and doing everything he's doing. Problem is Kishi just doesn't like to write about what they are doing when their not around Naruto or Sasuke. So the potential of them having different sorts of development has gone to waist.
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 10:35   Link #66
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

It's kind of stupid too, the thing Kishi spent time building up was the importance of teamwork and co-operation but now Naruto is telling everyone he will do it on his own and no one can say anything to object to it.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 11:05   Link #67
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Kishi isn't going to bother with you unless you are tied to the main story which is about Naruto and Sasuke. Now Hinata is tied to Naruto which makes her more important than say Ino or Shino. But she doesn't really have a role in the greater plot. Sakura, Shikamaru, and Gaara are the only three of Naruto generation that are really tied to the larger plot which is why they will continue to be important.

The Ballad of Naruto's Isle

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale
a tale of a fateful trip,
that started from this Kumo port,
aboard this tiny ship.
The mate was a mighty ramen eatin' boy,
Captain Yamato brave and sure,
five passengers set sail that day,
for a three hour tour,
a three hour tour.

A giant squid attacked them rough,
the tiny ship was tossed.
If not for the courage of Killer Bee,
Naruto's ship would be lost.
Naruto's ship would be lost.

The ship aground on the shore of this uncharted barren isle,
with Naruto.
Yamato too.
Ninja A and Ninja B.
a black rap star.
the scroll frog and Itachi's crow.
here on Naruto's Isle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Mifune's bodyguard is the dude who confronted Suigetsu and Juugo.

I guess they really got captured.
Part of me hopes Kishi killed them offscreen. I can't believe anyone thought they'd waste those samurai and escape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I clicked on the RAW pics without reading the script and saw Temari standing across from Shikamaru. Holy crap! I'll take back everything I said about you Kishi. But then I saw the script and it was Shikaku. Well at least she met dad. Not looking for Shikamaru/Temari romance, just snarky interaction which should happen during this war with their similar roles as strategists.
Shikamaru probably went with his dad and is there. But Kishimoto likes torturing shippers. Look at NaruHina and NaruSaku. Temari did say she wanted to fight Shikamaru again. So they'll probably start their fighting if they work together.

Does Shikaku outrank Kakashi and Gai?
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 15:27   Link #68
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

geez, why do people fail everytime they try to come up with a copy?
I guess their skills are just way too sloppy. ^_^

I think Naruto still has to learn a lot in order to be able to control the Kyuubi. He can't just use kage bunshin or some weird oil and a fart won't help either. This time it's him or the Kyuubi, who can easily devour his soul.

On the other hand, once Naruto manages to fully control the Kyuubi, he might be able to face Suigetsu.
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 16:27   Link #69
Ero-Senn1n

I remeber in DBZ some planet where the saiyans train hard and level up. The island in this chapter seems to be like that
They say raikage and KB trained there, maybe the raikage became super-lightning-saiyan on that island

So now we have a fox, a crow and a toad in Naruto's stomach
What's next?

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2010-04-14 at 16:39.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 16:51   Link #70
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
weasel? snake?

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 18:30   Link #71
gameboy234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I remeber in DBZ some planet where the saiyans train hard and level up. The island in this chapter seems to be like that
They say raikage and KB trained there, maybe the raikage became super-lightning-saiyan on that island

So now we have a fox, a crow and a toad in Naruto's stomach
What's next?
lol, i almost forgot about the crow.

Welcome to the Naruto Zoo.
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 18:33   Link #72
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-So considering that Naruto has no idea that he has been sent here in secret while everyone else tries to take away his panel space, is it safe to assume the next chapter will have him throwing a fit? That is until he learns that he is supposed to learn bijuu control from Killer Bee anyway.

-The chapter was good though. Quite a nice break from all the drama and tension that has been built up for the last 10 chapters. Looking forward to the next one.
Old 2010-04-14, 18:50   Link #73
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
lol @ the spoiler. It was a squid after all.

I'm seeing the training with Hachibi sort of like with Jiraiya. As much as Naruto hated Jiraiya's pervert side, he lived through and yeah.

Same thing will happen with Kirabi. Naruto will be annoyed to death with the the puns and rapping but in the end he'll have the kyuubi under control.
Old 2010-04-14, 18:55   Link #74
Nite-Wing

sasuke's hawk will go down Naruto's throat next
Nite-Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 19:47   Link #75
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Yeah....Naruto got ****-throated.
Old 2010-04-14, 19:49   Link #76
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I wonder if the crow, frog and kyuubi are just playing poker in Naruto's stomach until he needs them

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 19:50   Link #77
tkdtiger

Deleted think it's too off topic

Last edited by tkdtiger; 2010-04-14 at 20:14. Reason: off topic
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 20:56   Link #78
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Some great plot progression here. I don't think Naruto will take to Killer Bee like he did Jiraiya. Oh, and since he has Kisame with him...it won't be pretty. Guess the Kages plan failed, lol.
Old 2010-04-14, 21:00   Link #79
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?

You know what I find hilarious?

Naruto is going through all this crap just to get stronger and all Sasuke did was have himself an eye surgery....

Lol what the **************
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 22:16   Link #80
sayde

In Naruto's defense though, the harder training would be worth it so long as he can become noticeably stronger than Sasuke in the end. What I find hilarious is that despite everything he's done and how strong he's gotten, the guy's still a genin. Anyone think a little social promotion is in order? Because at this point, it almost seems like it'd be downright offensive to make him take a chūnin exam. (or did he already get promoted while I wasn't looking?)
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion