AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Old 2008-04-17, 23:03   Link #501
Project S.T.A.R.
My Lucky Star...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
o i see, there are some shows that i feel should be watched but they are more shoujo.
I like Shoujo series .

They often have the best story lines. ^^
Project S.T.A.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 23:39   Link #502
Westlo
Lets be reality

I wouldn't put too much basis into every scene in the OP, especially that last one with Yuki and the white sleeve. I personally think it will do the manga up to that arc that ends around... 18 or 19 or whatever and than go with a 7-8 anime original ending arc which will leave it open for a sequel series in 2009/2010 to finish off the rest of the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Ya go ahead. They're all freebies. The exact requirements for a subfourm seem to be a closely guarded secret for the admins. There aren't very many forum-worthy titles this season besides Macross and code geass so i'd say this might have a chance.
Unless something else explodes in popularity the only shwos with a real chance seem to be Soul Eater first and than this one. The length of both shows helps (51 + 26) as well as having manga threads helps imo.

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-04-18 at 00:44.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 00:10   Link #503
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I agree. I think the white sleeve belongs to Kanami. Stroking Yuuki's shoulder strikes me as being out of character for Zero but in character for Kanami who is much more open about his attraction than Zero is.
True. But if he admits later that he loves her then that action wouldn't be too out of character then.

Quote:
The exact requirements for a subfourm seem to be a closely guarded secret for the admins.
Seems like the night class aren't the only ones with secrets. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I wouldn't put too much basis into every scene in the OP, especially that last one with Yuki and the white sleeve. I personally think it will do the manga up to that arc that ends around... 18 or 19 or whatever and than go with a 7-8 anime original ending arc which will leave it open for a sequel series in 2009/2010 to finish off the rest of the manga.
VK season 2!! I hope so!!! I hope they're planning to animate the entire manga (whenever that's done) and not have an open ending that basically directs you to the manga.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 00:32   Link #504
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

I hope they're planning to have an open ending that basically directs you to the manga.
hanseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 01:19   Link #505
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project S.T.A.R. View Post
I like Shoujo series .

They often have the best story lines. ^^
I'd have to agree with you on that one. I used to watch a lot of shounen but I have only touched a couple of them this season and not even interested in the rest
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 01:29   Link #506
Project S.T.A.R.
My Lucky Star...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
I'd have to agree with you on that one. I used to watch a lot of shounen but I have only touched a couple of them this season and not even interested in the rest
Desho, Desho?? xD

You should try Kirarin Revolution for HUGE LOL's or Kaleido Star for a deeper story ^^
Project S.T.A.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 08:06   Link #507
nanafan
horo fan

but some shoujo animes aren't the best but most of the ones i have seen i have liked.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 08:20   Link #508
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

For shoujo series, the manga-to-anime part usually involves making the characters look more like they came from a shounen series, which can be refreshing. Although I do read some shojo, I can't stare at the drawing style for too long without screaming.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 08:32   Link #509
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post

By the way, I'm echoing Presage's question from a few pages back.... what does it take to get a subforum ? Near 500 posts for the first 2 episodes isn't enough?

Lots of aspects go into whether or not we as mods decide if a series is sub-forum worthy. VK is on good track. With the exception of Geass that already had one and Macross whose thread jumped highly after the trailer and all the other Macross anime, no other series has gotten a subforum yet this season. Trust me Im all for one (just too keep the spoilers from the weekly epis...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage
Quote:
The exact requirements for a subfourm seem to be a closely guarded secret for the admins.
Seems like the night class aren't the only ones with secrets. :P
What?? Now youre gonna say the offical uniform for mods is an all white with black trim school uniform
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 09:15   Link #510
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post

What?? Now youre gonna say the offical uniform for mods is an all white with black trim school uniform
Hey that could be kind of cool but, *cough* so of the mods definitely deserve the all Black uniforms with the glowing red eyes
Old 2008-04-18, 09:23   Link #511
Sil3nt_Slay3rz
Sil3nt_Slay3rz

yeah i already watch it and i can`t wait to watch another episode ^_^
Sil3nt_Slay3rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 10:17   Link #512
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Finaly watched epi 2 subbed

Zero staring down the classmates who where "praising" him made me LOL, as much as Im not into the comedy of this show, the scene was funny. Anyone else think ZL when Zero made the "Gopher" reference
I really did like the flashback scene, anime handled that very well.

Ka--kaname~~~ /shuts up now Sorry but his little remark to Zero was evil and I loved it!!

I think it was said earlier that how could Yuuki have known Zero for this long and not known about his condition. I think my reply was something like for him it only started surfacing recently.
gah...was trying to add something to this but its just not formulating to where I can say it and not sound...well...dumb
Anyways...the pills he just recently started taking right? Or atleast we can assume that?
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-04-18 at 10:21. Reason: cuz I fail at trying to speculate...
Old 2008-04-18, 10:59   Link #513
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
I think it was said earlier that how could Yuuki have known Zero for this long and not known about his condition. I think my reply was something like for him it only started surfacing recently.
gah...was trying to add something to this but its just not formulating to where I can say it and not sound...well...dumb
Anyways...the pills he just recently started taking right? Or atleast we can assume that?
You basically have it right. Think of it as stages in a disease just like cancer or aids there are different tiers. Zero has been able to suppress it for years which is why Yuuki didnt notice it, but not anymore his body is changing and he is not doing what he should be doing hence the pain. He's actually just hurting himself since he wont take the pills. What happens when a person with a mood disorder doesn't take their meds?
Old 2008-04-18, 11:02   Link #514
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
You basically have it right. Think of it as stages in a disease just like cancer or aids there are different tiers. Zero has been able to suppress it for years which is why Yuuki didnt notice it, but not anymore his body is changing and he is not doing what he should be doing hence the pain. He's actually just hurting himself since he wont take the pills. What happens when a person with a mood disorder doesn't take their meds?
Thats what I thought I just was having a hellva time trying to write my post without spoiling anything
Course its not like he's outright trying to not take them (minus the scene with the Headmaster) but as I think LKK-Sensei said earlier, it seems to have a hard time trying to stomach them, which makes sense, I mean its pretty much blood right? He's making an effort but Im thinking that even if he made an effort in the beginning to take them after a while they still wouldnt be useful, kinda like building up a tolerance to them. So Zero is kinda screwed either way.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-18, 11:12   Link #515
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Thats what I thought I just was having a hellva time trying to write my post without spoiling anything
Course its not like he's outright trying to not take them (minus the scene with the Headmaster) but as I think LKK-Sensei said earlier, it seems to have a hard time trying to stomach them, which makes sense, I mean its pretty much blood right? He's making an effort but Im thinking that even if he made an effort in the beginning to take them after a while they still wouldnt be useful, kinda like building up a tolerance to them. So Zero is kinda screwed either way.
He really is screwed it looks like at this point even if he were to start taking the blood tablets regularly its too late. We all know how Zero feels about Vampires and them drinking blood the fact that he has to mimic them in some sort of way is really tragic. In a way i look see Zero almost like Achilles from Geek Myth. Not so much the fighting aspect or warrior side. But a tragic and troubled somewhat hero with a cruel and unfair destiny where certain choices have to made. Zero is actually a lot deeper than most people think but we dont get to see that side of him only Yuuki does and thats rare.

Its been a while since i really sympathized with a male character, Zero is just enigmatic and damn cool to me. I also like how he doesnt whine about his fate hes just angry hell would you be?
Old 2008-04-18, 11:27   Link #516
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

except achillies ends up dying.. foreshadow? haha. yeah, zero is a far more interesting character than Kaname, but i just like Kaname more because he's more BA (as you will see soon).

as for sympathizing with a male character, i'm more of an Aidou type. not playboy, but i do things to screw with people for fun and usually get reprimanded for it.. haha.

and about the uniforms, i'm normally against them, but if they look as cool as they do in VK, i'll be glad to wear them. it just screams elite
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 12:35   Link #517
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

The scenes where Yuuki tending to Zero was very touching, though not a whole lot happened other than CHOCOLATES. And just where is Zero aiming with that gun? How is that allowed in the school?
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 13:16   Link #518
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
How is that allowed in the school?
I assumed that the headmaster gave Zero the gun or at least knows he has it. So my answer to your question is that the headmaster allows Zero to have the gun as part of Zero's duties as a guardian.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 14:19   Link #519
nanafan
horo fan

i think zero is cool i like how yuki cares for him really sweet. i am looking forward to the next episode, i kinda wished that they did previews
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 15:35   Link #520
FuzzyWuzzy

I don't really read the manga and the anime doesn't really explain much in terms of zero's current well being. But this statement doesn't mean I want you guys to spoil it for me.

I thought that ep.1 is where the first symptoms of thirst happened. But then he already has blood tablets so the symptoms might have been there for a long time. I don't know also whether he takes them or not. The anime doesn't really say anything. He has been carrying them but I haven't seen him take them. To me, if he has been carrying them then it is logical to assume he has taken them already.

Anime needs to have some verbal confirmation. They can't all just leave them hanging like that. However, maybe they are not really that important. Does it really matter if zero has had symptoms of thirst for a couple of days, weeks or months or even all 4 years? Probably not. What matters is that we see him having them now.

Edit:

They can all probably explain all of this later in maybe episodes 16+. Anyway, can you guys stop it pls. I really don't want to know right now if there are stages to being vampire or if he has taken the pills or not or what the hell is happening right now or in the future.

I DON'T WANT TO F'ING KNOW RIGHT NOW!!

I WANT THE ANIME TO EXPLAIN IT TO ME AND NOT YOU GUYS!

The manga discussion is not here. Animesuki has a thread for the manga. Go discuss it over there. I don't want to know the foreshadowing that there's a queen chess piece or whatever. Go discuss it in the manga section. I can't even read this thread about this anime cuz bunch of kids are putting up spoilers everywhere.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote