Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-16, 17:47   Link #841
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Ugh, I'm so sorry. These kinds of posts are really annoying, but does anybody remember what episode this gif is from?
AHA! According to this deviation,
http://xxxdokuaixxx.deviantart.com/a...EPIC-128539090
it's from episode 20! Thank you anyways! BTW, Minitokyo just put up some awesome scans of the calenmdar!
http://browse.minitokyo.net/gallery?...rder=id&page=1
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 00:26   Link #842
killersaint
FMPtard

heh heh... been watching the Olympics. looks like Canada can't be ignored for once! good for him!
Swiss-kun was being violent again! (his hockey players hit like NFL linebackers!)
i think America might start a fight with all his overzealous cheering... i can just see him (18 medals, at time of posting) teasing Iggy (0).

can't wait for the US/Canada [hockey] game!
killersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 02:16   Link #843
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killersaint View Post
heh heh... been watching the Olympics. looks like Canada can't be ignored for once! good for him!
Swiss-kun was being violent again! (his hockey players hit like NFL linebackers!)
i think America might start a fight with all his overzealous cheering... i can just see him (18 medals, at time of posting) teasing Iggy (0).

can't wait for the US/Canada [hockey] game!
Congratulations to Canada so far.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 11:23   Link #844
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I remember as I watching the nations come in during the OP ceremonies, I kept trying NOT to picture the Hetalia characters when certain countries were announced.

Glad to see Canada is getting some good recognition in this!!

Also there has been some pretty nice Olympic inspired fanart posted to the Hetalia lj comm.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 12:12   Link #845
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Germany's flag bearer looks alot like Ludwig, and I wasn't the only one who thought it. Unfortunately I was imagining about the countries when I watched the opening ceremony...

Canada did an amazing job, honestly. Beijing's opening was AMAZING, I wasn't sure whether anyone else can be comparable. This winter games opening was done with only 10% of the summer game budget, but it was still amazing. I have a bad feeling that IggyUK would do a terrible job, no one gives a darn about Olympics here... I'll laugh if they get a certain footballer to kick a ball off a bus again...
Old 2010-02-19, 12:19   Link #846
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post

Canada did an amazing job, honestly. Beijing's opening was AMAZING, I wasn't sure whether anyone else can be comparable. This winter games opening was done with only 10% of the summer game budget, but it was still amazing.
I agree, I loved the OP ceremony even with the little torch lighting problem they had, the whales were amazing! Its hard not to compare it with Beijing's but youre right, Canada's budget was alot less and they still pulled it out.

They will give a damn when its there turn You always have to top what the previous place did. Iggy will be fine

I didnt see Germany's flag bearer but I did watch Italy walk in and all I could think of was Italy running around with white flags
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-02-19, 12:38   Link #847
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Well...alot of the citizens in London actually didn't want the host the olympic, because tax payer's money are going to be spent. Also only the London citizens are paying for 13% towards it (according to wikipedia). The budget would be midget sized Compared to China, but at least we don't need to build new venues. But wait...they spent £400,000 on the frikkin logo that was just blobs...I can say, I was more excited about the Beijing olympics, since I'm a chinese, then London 2012, but I hold a british passport and I am legally british...

The chinese goverment even had to make a 'queuing Wednesday' to train the people to queue 6 months piror to the Olympics. They even took some of the great firewall down for the tourists for a while.

I find it ammusing that Paris and London where the ones that left in the last round to host the Olympics. Any events that involves countries/nations is defitely would be Hetalia-fied by fangirls.

-Edit-

http://community.livejournal.com/hetalia/6189714.html

The Hetalia movie would be called '銀幕ヘタリア Axis Powers Paint it, White(白くぬれ!)', Hetalia Axis Powers the Movie: Paint it White!

Still no plot line, but Prussia is going to appear. He's already appearing in alot of the movie's merchandises and promotional stuff. Looks like it's not going to be serious movie anyway. There are only 6 threatres airing(?) it, but more would be added later on I believe.

Last edited by musume_no_hoshi; 2010-02-19 at 13:33.
musume_no_hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 12:09   Link #848
killersaint
FMPtard

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Well...alot of the citizens in London actually didn't want the host the olympic, because tax payer's money are going to be spent. Also only the London citizens are paying for 13% towards it (according to wikipedia). The budget would be midget sized Compared to China, but at least we don't need to build new venues. But wait...they spent £400,000 on the frikkin logo that was just blobs...I can say, I was more excited about the Beijing olympics, since I'm a chinese, then London 2012, but I hold a british passport and I am legally british...
no kidding... i have no idea why countries would volunteer to host this thing if it puts the economy in the crapper immediately afterwards (especially in a recession).
blithe enthusiasm?

also, congrats to Great Britain, who just won their first gold medal in women's skeleton!
we have 6 just like it.

/teasing

ohh, right! hey! did anyone else find it really weird that the British came out in berets at the opening ceremony? i was like WTF? did they steal them from France?
Old 2010-02-21, 17:31   Link #849
killersaint
FMPtard

somehow the Sweden vs Finland game makes me sad...

even moreso that it comes on at midnight EST and i can't watch it.
Old 2010-02-21, 17:36   Link #850
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I don't watch anything from the winter games other then figure skating, since it's pretty to watch. I rooted for Russia then America in the men figure skating because Plushenko looked like Ivan .
Old 2010-02-21, 18:07   Link #851
killersaint
FMPtard

ha ha!

i rooted for Evan Lysacek cuz, y'know--American, and cuz he looked the least fruity (why the need for those gay costumes?).
also, there's some'm sexy about slicked and parted hair

mah favs are hockey, snowboarding, and skiing, and i'll also watch speed skating, figure skating, luge, skeleton... pretty much everything except for curling if it's on. and biathalon (i just don't get it...).

i refuse to cheer for our curling team. that's not a sport.
Old 2010-02-21, 20:27   Link #852
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Man USA v Canada in Hockey is so resembling US and UK XD I can picture UK yelling at US and US just laughing him off

Back on the actually topic, so 3rd season starts but are we still getting the movie? (there is movie right?) or am I thinking of something else?
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-02-21, 22:56   Link #853
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Still getting a movie and the title was announced a few days back too. It's a weird title so I'll just link it.

Wish I had a tv to watch the Olympics on, curse you NBC for restricting the online footage!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 12:05   Link #854
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Man USA v Canada in Hockey is so resembling US and UK XD I can picture UK yelling at US and US just laughing him off

Back on the actually topic, so 3rd season starts but are we still getting the movie? (there is movie right?) or am I thinking of something else?
Movie is out at early summer, I think it says June somewhere, but I ain't sure. The first set of pre-booking bonus sold out. There's also a second and third set. I can imagine some fangirls would preordre 3 tickets to get all the special bonuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killersaint
i rooted for Evan Lysacek cuz, y'know--American, and cuz he looked the least fruity (why the need for those gay costumes?).
Why do I feel like Arthur...I rather Russia win then America...

Olympics is just...too Hetalia to ignore. I can't wait for the European song contest now...would be absolutely hilarious now.
Old 2010-02-22, 14:02   Link #855
killersaint
FMPtard

pfft! everyone knows Iggy's rooting for America cuz he wants in his pants!

also, Russia's fukken terrifying.
Old 2010-02-22, 22:00   Link #856
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

My friends and I were talking today about how the German pair had some enthusiastic throwing ("the tossing of the woman" I think we named it) and I now have an image of German throwing Italy around....
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 16:29   Link #857
killersaint
FMPtard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
My friends and I were talking today about how the German pair had some enthusiastic throwing ("the tossing of the woman" I think we named it) and I now have an image of German throwing Italy around....
th... that's horrible! D:
*imagines domestic violence*

*doesn't watch ice dancing*

EDIT: "the tossing of the woman" sounds like a bridal custom...
Old 2010-02-25, 13:32   Link #858
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Are there any comics anyone is hoping will get animated? I'm hopeing this one does.
Spoiler for size:
Old 2010-02-26, 11:45   Link #859
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Are there any comics anyone is hoping will get animated? I'm hopeing this one does.
Spoiler for size:
hahaha thanks for sharing
really love it!
Old 2010-02-26, 20:57   Link #860
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I thought episode 51 was supposed to air today, but I guess it was only a preview? That sucks.

Tags
comedy