Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-25, 18:29   Link #21
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
In my opinion, quality of music is the most important aspect to how I will judge this anime. Those who has seen my comment on Garten's Blog "Memento" already knows why I thought the music in the drama was special or a dud. The manga is about developement of professional musicians, thus most of the jokes and poignant moments cannot be conveyed without the 'correct' music. Getting the 'right' music is doable, but it will going to cost the anime producers a lot of money in loyalties to Deutsche Gramaphonn and EMI recordings.
Personally, I don't see this as a problem because the lead VA herself IS a professional musician. Pianist. Has also written for the instrument and performed the music for a show before.

Was looking at the concept and thought there was only 1 person on earth with both the right experiance and credentials to take Noda. Not suprised Noitama went to the trouble to actually get her.

This will go well. I'm already anticipating the start of this show.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 16:44   Link #22
Lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
It's funny because when I first started reading, I thought she was going to play a bunch of different instruments too.
I forgot which volume, but Nodame plays a pianica in her cute mongoose costume for the S-orchestra. But, still irrelevant since pianica is half piano and half harmonica.

I truly cannot wait for this anime series to start. Fantastic cast of voice actors (I love Ayako Kawasumi), Kenichi Kasai and J.C. Staff should do wonders for Nodame. I saw their short 2:50 clip of "Purigorota" anime at their official site (which was used in the drama), and if that is any indication of how Nodame anime will be, it will be excellent; the facial expression is hilarious and the quality of anime should be top-notch. And the music should be wonderful, as well.

I personally think the drama version is a bit lacking since the comedy aspect of Nodame is a little too hard to pull-off in the live version. Don't get me wrong, I think the drama is wonderful to an extent. I just think the animated version will do more justice for a title like Nodame. I will also follow this religiously and I cannot wait!
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 00:15   Link #23
Siegel Clyne

According to this, the final episode of the Nodame Cantabile live action drama series drew a 21.7% television audience rating.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 01:24   Link #24
7Th
Mixtape

Really looking forward to the anime, the manga is so far, talking about the American releases here, really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
According to this, the final episode of the Nodame Cantabile live action drama series drew a 21.7% television audience rating.
Not too shabby indeed.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 13:22   Link #25
shikamarufoo

I loved watching the drama and will warmly welcome the anime and it's differences. The 1st episode airs today doesn't it?
shikamarufoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 16:32   Link #26
cyth
Banned

Watched ep. 01

Spoiler:
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 17:01   Link #27
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Personally, I think shoujo romance is great. It tends to have deeper psychological insights, more interesting characters, and more intense feelings than other genres. And all genres repeat their standard memes. I'm sure individuals like Toua have good reasons for not liking shoujo, but I think there is an unjustified mass prejudice against shoujo that allows people in general to feel they can criticise it in ways they do not criticise shows that involve mecha and monsters, for example, which are the things that put me off. For me, monster-of-the-week is the most boring meme of all. Sorry. I keep repeating myself on this subject.

I look forward to seeing Nodame Cantabile later today, having loved the dorama. And I'm fascinated to see how Kawasumi Ayako and Seki Tomokazu do. I felt that Nodame was rather overplayed in the dorama, especially at first, so perhaps it's the same here.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-01-11 at 17:39.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 17:19   Link #28
Omniscient

Episode 01 Screencaps and Summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And I'm fascinated to see how Kawasumi Ayako and Seki Tomokazu do.
I thought they did a fantastic job as the main pair, though I confess I still haven't seen the drama. Kawasumi Ayako's "gyabo" and so on felt dead-on.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 17:34   Link #29
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
I must admit that this is the show that I was waiting for a loong time to see I didn't watch the first ep yet (couldn't find Raw, but I'll probably wait for the fansubs). I really love the manga and drama (which was rather strange at the begining, but later on it became hilarious ^^).

Omni I higly reccomend you to watch the drama (even only for the gyabo~ scenes with Ueno Juri or ~eek! scenes with Tamaki Hiroshi )

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 17:52   Link #30
dxgarten

Episode 01 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:

Last edited by dxgarten; 2007-01-11 at 19:44.
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 18:19   Link #31
Lunacy

I just watched the OP provided by Omniscient and noticed about 30 seconds of silence while the animation still continued.. why is this? Awesome song by the way.
Old 2007-01-11, 18:26   Link #32
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Looks like I can't help but comparing this to the drama. The characters are not 'pretty' enough. I know I've been spoiled.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 18:31   Link #33
Lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
Looks like I can't help but comparing this to the drama. The characters are not 'pretty' enough. I know I've been spoiled.
Which is funny because I thought Juri Ueno was too 'pretty' to play as Nodame, that and her hair was constantly well groomed.
Old 2007-01-11, 18:48   Link #34
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Hey there's no such thing as "too pretty" especially when it's the eye candy factor. This is probably the first anime with characters designs that don't live up the live action version in term of 'aesthetic'. (Or maybe I'm just very inclined.)
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 18:52   Link #35
Kaijin
かいじん

Spied the screencaps and spoilers and I cannot wait to see a subbed version! Goes on my list of "now watching"!
+
Does anyone know what fansub group has picked this up?

Last edited by Kaijin; 2007-01-11 at 19:59.
Kaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 21:20   Link #36
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Just saw from the first page that Seki Tomokazu is Chiaki so Im in
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 23:21   Link #37
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Just saw from the first page that Seki Tomokazu is Chiaki so Im in
Yes!! Love him too. I try to watch anime that he's been in. Honestly, before anime I never though I'd be a seiyuu fan.
Old 2007-01-12, 00:28   Link #38
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
The animation is very minimalistic and the pattern illustrations are pretty much nonexistent, but the hypochondriac Chiaki and ditzy Nodame charmed me into submission.

Seki Tomokazu and Ayako Kawasumi were definitely bringing this show alive. It was, for all intents and purposes, a concert for the two of them to perform.

Stylistically, this is like "Honey & Clover", sans the more complex backgrounds. They might come into play later on, but for now, this is strictly a "character-driven show", with not much effort to create animated sequences at all.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 01:20   Link #39
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I really like the OP song. I did find it very funny that Chiaki (with the voice of Sousuke) gets smacked in the head with a fan XD (well it looked like a fan) I wondered if Chiaki was gonna sound like Sousuke or Ryuuki (from Saiunkoku) but Im glad he sounds more like Sousuke. Man I can sympathize with Chiaki, I also hate flying x__x
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 02:48   Link #40
Lunacy

I just watched the first episode and I think its off to a good start. The comedy scenes seem more natural in the anime compared to the drama (Im trying my hardest not to compare the two ). The piano scenes are also well done with Nodame's famous mouth pose. The cantabile piano sonatas were good, but I just wish it had more impact.

Ayako Kawasumi is amazing. I always had respect for her style range and her role as Nodame is no exception; I absoultely love the ending scene where Nodame is describing her 'newfound feeling' - "Mukya~".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Stylistically, this is like "Honey & Clover", sans the more complex backgrounds. They might come into play later on, but for now, this is strictly a "character-driven show", with not much effort to create animated sequences at all.
Could this be the reason for why the ED animation is 'too simple'? The ED animation has so much unused white canvas area that I question why they chose to do it that way.

Tags
comedy, nodame cantabile, noitamina, romance