AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-28, 13:45   Link #5381
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
I can imagine a tearful scene when the universes are pulled apart, in both versions of the Crossroads story.

Oh yeah I'm 18 now. W00t!
Happy birthday danchou-sama! 18th...

Wait... you're telling me that the greatest fanproject known to mankind (overexageration? you decide ), was being led by an underage b& (as of yesterday)?

I'm a little bit amazed haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
And in this case, it's not even rabid fangirls. In fact, the stereotypical rabid fangirl is not the best example for snarkiness.

The most unpleasantly snarky diatribes I've read online, male or female, are those which appear to come naturally to the sort of older (ie non-teen) female fan who deals in heavy condescension, passively-aggressively insulting the other person's intelligence, preferences, and ancestry, while simultaneously mocking the other person's opinions, views, and grammar quite directly. The ones who don't care that they come across as utterly nasty online, and indeed revel in it.
Agreed. I happen to be 'e-friends' with several rabid fangirls (oh god... the 4chan /y/ links... D: ), and they aren't much different then rabid fanboys. Mostly harmless as long as you don't diss their favourite characters/series.

The passive-aggressive, heavily condescending... yeah it would really suck to have Kyonko evolve into that sort of character...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGBOLT View Post
Also I can do tedious ... I run gentoo linux for crying out loud...
JDGBOLT
Hahahah. Kudos to you man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbag View Post
I hope it's the Kyonko. Itsuko is fail.

I'm starting to feel like a broken record. "Itsuko is fail. Itsuko is fail. Itsuko is fail. Itsuko is fail. Itsuko is fail...."
Speaking of rabid fanboys... don't diss my Itusko :<
Not all of us are as revulsed by a nice set of breasts.

I should change my avatar to an Itsuko one, in protest... too bad I'm not at home right now haha.

@Moderator-guy Yeah, I think the genderbent image thread would be a good place to deposit our images, but I also think that not having images posted here as well would be detrimental to the projects...

Many times important plot points, even entire new projects were spawned because of the inspiration from a few images.

That being said, when I get home I'll dump a few hundred images into the newly created thread.

EDIT: Also, as other's have mentioned, those that are keeping up with this thread probably won't bother with the image thread.
CanadaAotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 13:49   Link #5382
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaAotS View Post

Wait... you're telling me that the greatest fanproject known to mankind (overexageration? you decide ), was being led by an underage b& (as of yesterday)?

Agreed. I happen to be 'e-friends' with several rabid fangirls (oh god... the 4chan /y/ links... D: ), and they aren't much different then rabid fanboys. Mostly harmless as long as you don't diss their favourite characters/series.

The passive-aggressive, heavily condescending... yeah it would really suck to have Kyonko evolve into that sort of character...

Hahahah. Kudos to you man.

Speaking of rabid fanboys... don't diss my Itusko :<
Not all of us are as revulsed by a nice set of breasts.

I should change my avatar to an Itsuko one, in protest... too bad I'm not at home right now haha.

@Moderator-guy Yeah, I think the genderbent image thread would be a good place to deposit our images, but I also think that not having images posted here as well would be detrimental to the projects...

Many times important plot points, even entire new projects were spawned because of the inspiration from a few images.

That being said, when I get home I'll dump a few hundred images into the newly created thread.
I'm starting to lean towards "Itsuko is awesome because she keeps people away from my Kyonko." But she still fails.

Quote:
I can imagine a tearful scene when the universes are pulled apart, in both versions of the Crossroads story.

Oh yeah I'm 18 now. W00t!

Happy Birthday, missed that in my skimming.
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 13:50   Link #5383
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

Little Demo I did taking Haruhi Vecs and backgrounds from PSP game. At this stage I'm just learning how to use the program.
Spoiler:

Need some sounds though,..... ost would be nice.

Also for people who are familiar with renpy, here's some backgrounds that might come in useful
Spoiler:
Tunafishisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 13:58   Link #5384
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunafishisgood View Post
Little Demo I did taking Haruhi Vecs and backgrounds from PSP game. At this stage I'm just learning how to use the program.
Spoiler:

Need some sounds though,..... ost would be nice.
Looks good so far, I'll look at any scripts that come up. (AND EDIT THEM!!!!)
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 14:09   Link #5385
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
Has anyone else noticed that there seem to be one or two posts per page that get totally ignored?
Yes. .
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 14:48   Link #5386
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I must agree with beanbrew for the presence of pics is one of the factors that gets this thread going. If we have to post pics in a separate thread, the momentum and motivation for this thread would drop and could in turn affect the project itself.
Well Im going off the req that DJ made in the Request for New Thread thread, if he thinks one should be made, Im gonna listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaAotS
Use the image thread for images you find elsewhere Im sure DJ wont mind if projects are still shown here. Im more talking anything found on other sites ~cough~2chan/4chan~cough~
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 14:56   Link #5387
JDGBOLT

Location: Roasting in my dark cave in the Hellfires of Mesa AZ
Send a message via AIM to JDGBOLT Send a message via MSN to JDGBOLT Send a message via Yahoo to JDGBOLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceflow View Post
We could have it SRW-style. Like the recent OGs and OGG. Character images with the accompanying text. One left, followed by one right. And while most images are drawn with one orientation, the other side can just be flipped.

Yeah, pics in a separate thread will cause a slowdown in here. Then these projects would probably move at a slower rate.
Yeah, I only have limited experience with visual novels, only started trying to play them recently, starting with clannad, but they are certainly an interesting format. I would think for the rewritten novel itself a kinetic would be best, due to the linearity of the source material, unless you wanted to take into account the events from the other novels, which I have yet to read. I would think shoving the novels in a visual novel format might perhaps be a different/enjoyable experience and alternative than just reading it on baka-tsuki, since you can have the added experience of images and also less text per screen. Don't know, just my personal opinion. As I said, I am used to spending a long time on doing something.

JDGBOLT
JDGBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 15:06   Link #5388
Forceflow
Kyonko is not amused~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Forceflow
Quote:
It's mostly that I'm not sure where in the hypothetical timeline of the plot I should be starting the story: entering North High, or forming the SOS Brigade, or the SOS Brigade already formed and looking for new members (ie Itsuki/ko), or the SOS Brigade formed and on their first outing, or the SOS Brigade long formed and things progress as normally as they usually do.

That's the reason I'm worried about how I'm writing Kyonko. In fact, the more I read what I've written, the more I feel that I'm definitely going to have to tone it down tremendously. This is beyond tsundere, and into blatant verbal abuse.
Hmm... Probably would be best for the story to take place after the whole brigade has been formed. Though in this case it might be better for the events to have taken place before the closed world incident where they kissed. Or this world could be a result of that incident without Kyon having any memories of it happening due to Haruhi's wishes.

As to rational as to why a new world like this... Internal conflict? At that point of time in the novel she misunderstood Kyon and Mikuru. So in this case it might be that she wanted a new world but was reluctant to give up the people she knew. (eh waitaminute. Sounds almost like her original intention... orz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
That was 204 pages in 2 days, i read 65 last week before I returned to camp.
Sound familiar. You're from singapore, aren't you? XD

Quote:
Yeah, I only have limited experience with visual novels, only started trying to play them recently, starting with clannad, but they are certainly an interesting format. I would think for the rewritten novel itself a kinetic would be best, due to the linearity of the source material, unless you wanted to take into account the events from the other novels, which I have yet to read. I would think shoving the novels in a visual novel format might perhaps be a different/enjoyable experience and alternative than just reading it on baka-tsuki, since you can have the added experience of images and also less text per screen. Don't know, just my personal opinion. As I said, I am used to spending a long time on doing something.

JDGBOLT
Try Planetarian. . This is a true Kinetic Novel. Theres no choices, just a bittersweet tale. One of the required readings on /m/.

Last edited by Forceflow; 2008-03-28 at 15:17.
Forceflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 15:14   Link #5389
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Sound familiar. You're from singapore, aren't you? XD
Your guess is correct.

Anyway, I've just had an insane inspiration while I was bathing and I feel that I must finish it before I leave normal civilisation. I'm making alot of notes now and I'll try to do and finish them in the next 2 days. Its going to be a short manga of pure hotblooded manliness.

For now I sleep.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 15:19   Link #5390
Banditopants
Pathetic Wannnabe Writer

Quote:

JDGBOLT
Try Narcissu, it's pure essence of sad without being emo

Setsumi kind of reminds me of Nagato. The music is great too.
Banditopants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 15:25   Link #5391
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Well Im going off the req that DJ made in the Request for New Thread thread, if he thinks one should be made, Im gonna listen.

Use the image thread for images you find elsewhere Im sure DJ wont mind if projects are still shown here. Im more talking anything found on other sites ~cough~2chan/4chan~cough~
Well actually, that whole image thread thing was for Kinny, not so much my idea.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 15:26   Link #5392
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Happy birthday Danchou-sama! You are now at the legal age to see what you've saw and do what've you done XD.

For the visual novels they probably should be pictures of the school and important places. But when Kyonko gets into deep thoughts or there is a serious discussion, rich imagery should be used; still life photography to an extent.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 15:29   Link #5393
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to you,

You're the danchou of some genderbending project,

and you act like one too.
Quote:
Gratz on now being Legal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyofthewolves View Post
Gratz Danchou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaAotS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
Happy Birthday, missed that in my skimming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkAngel View Post
Happy birthday Danchou-sama! You are now at the legal age to see what you've saw and do what've you done XD.
Thanks guys.

Old 2008-03-28, 15:31   Link #5394
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
It's mostly that I'm not sure where in the hypothetical timeline of the plot I should be starting the story: entering North High, or forming the SOS Brigade, or the SOS Brigade already formed and looking for new members (ie Itsuki/ko), or the SOS Brigade formed and on their first outing, or the SOS Brigade long formed and things progress as normally as they usually do.
Romcoms always start with the meet cute, or at least provide fairly lengthy flashback. to it.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 15:37   Link #5395
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Thanks guys.
I'm late, but I must still say happy birthday and thank you for maintaining this great contribution to Haruhiism.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 15:40   Link #5396
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Ok... let's see here. Who's gonna help me in getting an archive post up over at the image thread?

Old 2008-03-28, 15:41   Link #5397
Umeko
器用貧乏

Quote:
Thanks guys. :heh:
Okaaaay, I was going to wait until I had another reason to make a post so as not to clutter up the thread, but now I feel bad for not saying it sooner. XD So HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DANCHOU! :DDD
Umeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 15:47   Link #5398
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Do we have a programmer if we're doing the visual novel? I'm not sure how it would work but I doubt it would be too difficult for a program ;/.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 15:50   Link #5399
JDGBOLT

Location: Roasting in my dark cave in the Hellfires of Mesa AZ
Send a message via AIM to JDGBOLT Send a message via MSN to JDGBOLT Send a message via Yahoo to JDGBOLT
Yeah, programming in renpy doesn't really seem to be too hard at all, planning on learning it over the weekend. It's mostly just a scripting language it would appear.

JDGBOLT
JDGBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 15:54   Link #5400
DannyCat
Currently Observing.

Ooh, the original 4koma guy updated (self-translated; 'twas fairly straightforward):

Spoiler:
DannyCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan