Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-08, 02:42   Link #1381
manuloz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
is that verified?
thats kinda the feeling i had while watching it.. but didn't really bother to check :P
Yep it's on the credit. And Shin Itagaki is featured on a series ofa rticle on the site Anime Style. I was actually waiting for this episode for some time now ^^

http://www.style.fm/as/05_column/itagaki58.shtml
manuloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 02:48   Link #1382
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Firefocht View Post
I treated R+V as something akin to Ninomiya-kun: mindless fun and fanservice.

So I had low expectations in the first place, but I still found myself pleasantly surprised so far. Especially ep9 which had the all the girls powering up to kick ass. Now, that was cool.

The cast for R+V is perhaps the best this season. It managed to put together Mizuki Nana, Kugimiya Rie, Inoue Kikuko, Hisakawa Aya, Saeko Chiba, Tomokazu Seki AND Takehito Koyasu. Not to diss the other VAs who has done good work in this show too, but the VAs mentioned are some of the best and most recognized names in the seiyuu industry.

Add in awesome music and voicing by Mizuki Nana, and R+V is actually pretty good, good enough for me to think that 13 episodes does not do it any justice.

This needs a second season.

Heh, never thought I would be saying that when I first started the show.
A second season is possible, but I am afraid, there wouldn't be any plans for one

(I love how they managed to have Mizore appearance that early, nice one )

PS: VA, I must agree.
Old 2008-03-08, 03:36   Link #1383
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Yeah I mean, i guess it all depends on the sales of this season.....which well. im unsure of
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 05:52   Link #1384
Jobrill

Episode 10 was trash. They completely ruined Ruby.

Spoiler:
Jobrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 06:38   Link #1385
yongshun

Spoiler:
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 08:01   Link #1386
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
agreed^^

btw does anyone know.....like in the manga...if it ever like explain why the bat hangs around..and why he looks like how he does?
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 08:10   Link #1387
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

In any Anime from Manga, 90% is not happy with conversion.

To me episode 10 was great, lots of action, good animation and script.

Ruby make a amazing intro in the series.

I have a special drop to Kurumu, and, in this episode she make my day.
Old 2008-03-08, 08:44   Link #1388
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yeah the manga was nothing special until it gets to the events that will be featured next episode but like you said that's like most shounen manga. Still if they had better animation/art and they didn't push up the fan service they might not have lost a lot of fans like it did. I'm still bemused at the addition of episode 4 which was just filler. Apart from seeing True Moka slightly flustered at wrongly assuming Tsukune was leaving it was a worthless episode. That episode would've been better spent on the painting chapter which loosely ties into what will be the ending arc for the anime.

Still I really want to see chapter 23 animated so I hope they get the go ahead for a sequel in Summer or Fall.
I find the character design to be one of the anime’s best features. While the animation itself is good if not decent, there isn't many harem anime that I've seen with better animation than the one shown in Rosario. I’d have to admit the background for the show is something I look more forward too.

Lol, In worst case scenario Episode 4 could have been Kurumu stalker chapter animated, which I dare say episode 4 of the anime is better than that chapter.

I do find it annoying how people like comparing Gonzo work to the original source material, they probably make more blunder then other studio to be remember but there’s a little injustice here, as by far there are many other studio who also do sloppy adaptation. The main issue with animating a well known manga than compare to light novel is the difference in the audience perception of the series. I like using the phrase “Ignorance is bliss” as J.C staff comes into mind with Zero no Tsukaima, Studio Deen Fate/stay night and Xebec Love Hina. These shows are enjoyable judging it base on its own merit but when compared to the original source it is appalling.

*Delete this spoiler discussion if you see fit*
Spoiler for Manga spoiler= BE WARN,:

EDIT1: some spelling

Last edited by Nemuru; 2008-03-08 at 10:41.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 09:06   Link #1389
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

New signature.

Free to use.
Old 2008-03-08, 10:14   Link #1390
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyel View Post
New signature.

Free to use.
Free + Beautiful

You earned my respect, Sir.
Old 2008-03-08, 10:48   Link #1391
Julius Firefocht

I just watched ep 10. Well, they sure deviated from the manga quite a bit, but the episode is still enjoyable. Action packed nearly from start to finish, with a good dose of fanservice. I like that!
Spoiler:
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 10:56   Link #1392
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobrill View Post
Episode 10 was trash. They completely ruined Ruby.

Spoiler:
Even from an anime viewer's perspective it wasn't good at all so I can only imagine how you must have felt seeing the original source being crushed.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 11:36   Link #1393
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep10:
Definitely don't like to put judgments on groups without cause. Know Gonzo can do good jobs and other groups have had problems as well. But just hope they can take more care. Nothing is perfect, but giving some effort for that wouldn't be a bad thing.
Old 2008-03-08, 11:41   Link #1394
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Not hanging anymore...

Where to start?

This episode (10) felt rushed from start to finish.

I haven't read the manga but it was clear Ruby's character was not developed well. The random appearance by Gin at the end was just silly. Why would he be on the bus with Ruby if he just came from the sea where he found her? Why was he by the sea in the first place!? There were a million different scenarios possible for reintroducing her, but this one has to be the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Uh... um... am I the only one that felt really lost at the very beginning? I keep feeling that I missed an entire episode, I had to go back and made sure that I'm watching the right one.
Don't even get me started here. How does Tsukune go from practically dead to not a scratch!? What happened to him was bad enough to make make Mokka transform without removing the Rosario which in itself is a pivotal moment in her character development. Important as this all is, I was expecting at least something like a flashback to explain it, but we get nothing.

There was significantly more combat, but the plot suffered heavily because of it. Now I don't expect much of a plot from this series so that's not what bothers me....it's the fact that last episode they proved there was potential for depth but didn't follow through.

Last edited by mikesince83; 2008-03-08 at 11:52.
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 12:27   Link #1395
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
Free + Beautiful

You earned my respect, Sir.
Thanks, and I made one for me too. I love Kurumu.
Old 2008-03-08, 12:51   Link #1396
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post

*Delete this spoiler discussion if you see fit*
Spoiler for Manga spoiler= BE WARN,:

EDIT1: some spelling
Spoiler for Vampires:

I've seen a few Gonzo production's and they usually look nice but ultimately the stories aren't worth watching.
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 13:00   Link #1397
yongshun

I really hope the next arc is about
Spoiler:
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 13:44   Link #1398
coroloro

Okay, first let me note I have no knowledge of the manga. I just came into the anime and rather liked it.

That said, WHAT is going on with episode 10??? Did the budget get cut to pieces somewhere between episode 9 and 10? "Well, guys... popularity of the show has gone down, we just aren't making enough from comercials... you used up a lot of our budget on time so far, and you have lots of action planned for episode 10... you've got to spend about 1/4th the time you usually do on episodes to crank this sucker out..."

The animation quality was cut (for example, look at the active animation of Moka in vampiress form! The quality of the character's animation, drawing, etc is cut from previous episodes- less details, and for it to be so shockingly clear to an untrained eye like mine... that's bad). They 'cheat' the whole episode- constantly focusing on objects/background rather than the characters or movement, showing 'slideshow' stills rather than any kind of animated action. While characters are talking, they find excuses to cut away... yes, all anime's do this at times, but they did this SO MUCH this episode, it horrified me. None of the previous episodes hit me like this.

Add that to all the drawbacks mentioned above regarding plot, development, and dissapointment after the potential of episode 9... it makes me wonder if they even plan to keep this show going all the way to episode twelve or thirteen. Or if they are, will it even be worth watching if they've cut the budget and quality this much?

This scarily reminds me of a previous manga-turned-anime I got into, where throughout the length of it the budget was obviously cut- quality dropped, 'still' figures were used more and more, and less detailed characters... it was awful. It almost wasn't worth watching the rest of the anime. If they do this to Rosario, an anime that has actually grabbed my interest, I will be woefully dissapointed. I certainly hope they redeem themselves, or they'll loose me due to a single crappy epsode.
coroloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 17:45   Link #1399
attobyte

Maybe the producers will follow a Tenjou Tenge (open ending / go buy the manga if you wish to see what happens next) manga teaser anime.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 17:48   Link #1400
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sun Flower + Vampire

This is my reaction upon watching episode ten.

Guys, I don't know what they did with the animation staff for this episode, but it looked like they borrowed all the staff who work in Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann to produce this episode.

The fight was visually exorbitant and insane. I really didn't like how my Ruby-chan's face got all twisted and literally black after losing her marbles. That was scary.

Spoiler:

Poor Ruby, but I'm glad everything turned out okay.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire