Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-04, 04:28   Link #741
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Is the blue-haired guy just immune to the regular rules of vampires? We know he can walk around in daylight so I wouldn't be surprised if the private property rule affects him.
We've seen him go up to Tohru to get permission, so I think even he is bound by those rules. So far the only special thing about his is that he isn't UV sensitive. The scene where Toshio's wife met him outside the clinic seems to imply she was the one who let him in. What's a bored wife of a husband too busy to attend to her and a mother-in-law straight out of family dramas to do when she meets the young, handsome (by Shiki standards) and friendly cat-eared guy? Invite him over to have some bean bread, or course! XD

Quote:
Letting the doctor live was very interesting as it implies multiple things. The first being that the blue-haired guy isn't in charge. The second being that someone has an interest specifically in him(and probably the monk as well).
I'm suspecting Sunako issued a "Don't touch the monk and his doctor friend." order to Tatsumi and co. judging by how fond of Seishin she seems to be.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 04:29   Link #742
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
So a new OP implies that we're getting more than 13? Amazing news if true as I can see things just coming to an absolute crash.
There will be 22 episodes for Shiki.
Old 2010-09-04, 04:51   Link #743
konart

Quote:
Is the blue-haired guy just immune to the regular rules of vampires?
They are not vampires. They are shiki.
As for the neko-san - it must be clear by now that he is a werwolf(if you want to use this kind of terminology)
Old 2010-09-04, 06:02   Link #744
matteas
Member Member

Spoiler for episode 9:
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 07:39   Link #745
Blaat

Shame they're going to change the OP I hope they keep the skeletons Luckily the group that is currently doing the OP will be doing the new ED.
Old 2010-09-04, 09:14   Link #746
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post

I'm suspecting Sunako issued a "Don't touch the monk and his doctor friend." order to Tatsumi and co. judging by how fond of Seishin she seems to be.
She prob wants to see how far they will fall. If anything, that ep 9 attack was also meant to demoralize them. They didn't have to kill Nao's mom in front of them.
Old 2010-09-04, 10:03   Link #747
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Staring contest!
Spoiler for size:
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 10:54   Link #748
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
As for the neko-san - it must be clear by now that he is a werwolf(if you want to use this kind of terminology)
They're vampires, any argument about a different name is semantics at best.

There really are only two options for vampire leader at this stage is the mother or Sunako. Both have an interest in the monk so who knows.

Going up to Tohru might have been more for Megumi's sake as it would have been weird to ask only to have your friend come over. Also some variations of the legend if I remember correctly is that they can enter property without permission but lose all their supernatural powers and it weakens them.

@Orion
I saw it as a declaration of war. That's why so many of them showed up. It was a pure show not only of force but what they're capable of.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 11:21   Link #749
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
There really are only two options for vampire leader at this stage is the mother or Sunako. Both have an interest in the monk so who knows.
Im betting the Mother is but I have a feeling if Sunako told her not to touch Seishin and Toshio she'd listen to her.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 12:33   Link #750
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Aye, i wouldn't be surprised if Sunako, if not actually in charge, holds some amount of authority/standing over the other ones. Never underestimate the little girl in anime, it will be your downfall. I am quite looking towards her next interaction with Sishin, now that the later has gotten confirmation about the existence of "vampires". I could watch the two interact all day long as it is (and Sunako's seiyuu is doing a fantastic job here), but the next one should be extra juicy.

On another note, it will be interesting to see how things will go Natsuno and the creepy little girl waiting for him. While i think it is reasonable to assume Megumi went to stop the kid (No way will she chance her precious Natsuno being endangered), it would be too simple if she arrived before Natsuno, and she doesn't have the permission to enter yet. Chances are she will meet face-to-face with Natsuno, which would be a scene to behold as well, along with whatever way she chooses to deal with the kid.
Old 2010-09-04, 13:07   Link #751
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
...(and Sunako's seiyuu is doing a fantastic job here)....
Forgive me for always hitting the same note, but her seiyuu is Yuuki Aoi, who was Mina in Vampire Bund and Korone in Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou.

She's 18, just started college, and will be in five series and an OVA this fall (Pokemon Best Wishes, Hyakka Ryouran, Sore demo Machi ga Mawatteiru, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai, Yumeiro Patissiere Professional, Kurenai OVA). My blog is becoming full of posts about her.

A few more roles and a photo: Murasaki in Kurenai, Ichigo in Yumeiro Patissiere, Riko in Kiruminzoo.

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 13:10   Link #752
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Chances are she will meet face-to-face with Natsuno, which would be a scene to behold as well, along with whatever way she chooses to deal with the kid.
This is definitely what Im hoping for but Im also hoping she deals with Brother as well as the creepy kid. Natsuno already knows she's "alive" wonder how he'll react when he finally sees it.

I hope his parents dont get bitten.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 14:39   Link #753
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Feel for the monk and doctor they just couldn't do anything to save Setsuko. Even harsher is that she was improving and was on the road to recovery. Getting attacked from behind just put them at the disadvantage from the very beginning.

A really interesting episode though since it had a direct confrontation and just sets everything up for down the road. Their enemy isn't just speculation, but has shown up right in front of them.
Old 2010-09-04, 16:25   Link #754
konart

Quote:
They're vampires, any argument about a different name is semantics at best.
Sunako would bite you for that
Old 2010-09-04, 17:33   Link #755
orion

Quote:
Aye, i wouldn't be surprised if Sunako, if not actually in charge, holds some amount of authority/standing over the other ones. .
My bet is that Sunako is also in charge and that the adults may not be her real parents but a cover for her to exist. Kids can't move around too much without adults around.
Old 2010-09-04, 18:18   Link #756
LunaNeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Shame they're going to change the OP I hope they keep the skeletons Luckily the group that is currently doing the OP will be doing the new ED.
Wait, what??? They will be changing Buck-Tick's OP but they will do new song for the ED? Where did you get this info? More BT new stuff is an awesome news!

Nevermind, I am a retard, just saw post page back with new OP/ED news. THATS AWESOME!

Now that Doc has realized what they are dealing with, I really REALLY hope he will start some measures to prevent their numbers increasing - announcing to the village that every dead person now needs to be cremated for example would do the trick. But its anime, lol, it probably won't happen, lol.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2010-09-05 at 02:06. Reason: please use the "edit" button instead of double posting
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 20:41   Link #757
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNeko View Post
Now that Doc has realized what they are dealing with, I really REALLY hope he will start some measures to prevent their numbers increasing - announcing to the village that every dead person now needs to be cremated for example would do the trick. But its anime, lol, it probably won't happen, lol.
That definitely would solve their "new corpse demon" problem. Wonder why they didn't cremate their dead at all? Isn't that not the norm in Japan?
Old 2010-09-04, 21:39   Link #758
achirist

I enjoyed the fact that the "junior detectives" weren't in this episode; I hope they die quite quickly, and I really prefer the more mature response of Seishin and Doctor. People make a big deal about the skeletons in the op--it makes me wonder if the doctor's strange glowing eyes mean he doesn't die but turns out to be some other dark creature.
Old 2010-09-04, 21:40   Link #759
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
An umbrella.
lol, that actually makes more sense in a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
But didn't Catboy say that "even among Vampires I am special"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNeko View Post
That's definitely a good idea, but I don't think that the villagers would break it's custom without a good reason. Toshio needs to capture a Vampire as proof of the dead coming back to life, if he hopes for a united front against Kanasea.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 00:45   Link #760
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Staring contest!
Spoiler for size:
Hitoha wins

Last edited by kk2extreme; 2010-09-05 at 12:47.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire