AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 22 31.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 34.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 23.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-08, 09:01   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Ehhh, I thought Shizu-chan and Celty's relationship is emphasized as best friend type than romantic one, what with Celty being more cheery than anything else. Have been very sure it's established that Celty and Shinra's relationship is not going to diminish anytime soon when Celty herself in a way admitting it.
Celty definitely only sees Shizuo as a friend. A super awesome friend. As for Shizuo, I think he may have feelings for Celty, but it's impossible to tell for sure. In any case, I doubt anything is going to happen between those two. Celty and Shinra's relationship is just too strong.
Old 2010-05-08, 09:26   Link #42
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

The last minute of this epi was so freaking awesome I cant even put it into words Im dying for 18 now!

Watching Shizzy fight was hilarious.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-05-08, 09:30   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Watching Shizzy fight was hilarious.
Pretty awesome how they shown the big growd of people to be a huge wave at one point.
Old 2010-05-08, 11:49   Link #44
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Then where do the Go' pieces come in? Go's abilities being: blocking paths and surrounding pieces.
Izaya's "group" I guess as in "blocking paths" being manipulation, leading other groups where he wants, surrounding pieces divide and rule.
Old 2010-05-08, 14:17   Link #45
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Damn three armies at war with each other and the leaders are friends without even knowing. In all honestly, I'm worried this might get dangeriously close to Poor Communication Kills. I sure hope it doesn't.
Old 2010-05-08, 14:27   Link #46
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Damn three armies at war with each other and the leaders are friends without even knowing. In all honestly, I'm worried this might get dangeriously close to Poor Communication Kills. I sure hope it doesn't.
in Anri she can probably find out who the Yellow's leader is by slashing a few of the Yellows. She can then force him to back down.
Old 2010-05-08, 14:32   Link #47
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
iShe can then force him to back down.
Or just clear up the whole misunderstanding, because the only reason Kida is draging himself back in is to get revenge for Anri.

Oh God, i'm excited and dreading at the same time.
Old 2010-05-08, 14:34   Link #48
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Kida's reclaiming his position was pure gold, haven't seen a kid that badass in quite some time, he kinda reminds me of a blonde Agito.

Shizuo is now officially Alex Mercer in a butler costume, especially with that kick that made all those people fly away. I'm really liking the new animes coming out these days, a lot of unique stories coming out like Angel Beats. I think the three different pieces each represent one of the armies like the dollars might be chess, yellow scarves shogi and slashers go with Izaya being the chessmaster of it all.

I find it funny how Izaya has wormed his way into all of their lives, he joined the dollars, he knows Kida and he plotted the whole thing leading to Anri's revelation as the slasher. Oh yeah whatever happened to the Blue Squares?

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-05-08, 14:46   Link #49
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

With every episode I hate Izaya more and more. The sheer bullshittery of his knowledge is annoying. Reminds me too much of Aizen.
Old 2010-05-08, 15:00   Link #50
Yozuru
.:{Love. Live. Laugh.}:.
*Fansubber

Send a message via Yahoo to Yozuru
I wanted to see more of Izaya's sisters, hopefully they will be introduced.
Old 2010-05-08, 21:54   Link #51
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I'm hoping that Celty does something to intervene in the brewing gang war (she does know Anri and Mikado and did see them together once so it's not impossible). But none of those guys want to admit their underworld dealings to the other two, looks like poor communication kills (or at least creates big messes) to me.
Old 2010-05-08, 22:46   Link #52
blewin

I think in the end, Kida, Mikado and Anri would come together and take out Izaya - a hopeful end for the novels. But I can see the author having fun tearing those three apart. When the truth comes about, can they remain friends?

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-05-09, 08:06   Link #53
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Then where do the Go' pieces come in? Go's abilities being: blocking paths and surrounding pieces. (The government?) Then the only piece that could negate that is Checkers (Mafia?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anacone View Post
Izaya's "group" I guess as in "blocking paths" being manipulation, leading other groups where he wants, surrounding pieces divide and rule.
Actually, those so called "Go" pieces are more like Reversi, aka Othello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
An interesting observation from another forum:
Quote:
Reversi = Saika — single minded, easily switched, no distinctive talents besides Anri

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-05-09, 09:56   Link #54
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Can i just ask. If the Saika can control anyone it stabs then how come Anri couldn't already control Haruna, and had to 'possess' Haruna again? Was Haruna a fake Saika?

Last edited by Haak; 2010-05-09 at 10:27.
Old 2010-05-09, 10:11   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was also a little bothered by that. Haruna recognized Anri as the one who attacked her, but we weren't shown when, why and how. It looks like Haruna managed to take over the child of Saika inside her because her love for Sensei was stronger, but I'm not sure what Anri did to her in this episode. I guess she gave her a stronger Saika?

Maybe novel readers have the explanation.
Old 2010-05-09, 10:22   Link #56
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

My guess was that Izaya was responible either directly or indirectly for Haruna being stabbed by saika and thus becoming a saika, since Anri learned of Izaya immediately after stabbing Haruna.

But that still doesn't explain anything...
Old 2010-05-09, 10:27   Link #57
tsunade666

haruna's been attaked by anri? when? how? to me it didn't look like anri ever attaked anyone. Because saika has no control over airi. She's just too gloomy and doesn't know how to feel or show love. It's more possible that the daugther of saika choose haruna because of her love towards her stupid teach.
Old 2010-05-09, 10:43   Link #58
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I find Iron Maw's observation interesting, its something I wondered myself when I found out that it was actually reversi instead of go. However it could be that the dollars are go because the thing with go is overwhelming the opponent with sheer numbers something that the dollars do.

I think the Yellow Scarves might be shogi just like shogi is like a eastern version of chess the yellow scarves are like an eastern version of the colour gangs in the west like the bloods or the crips.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-05-09, 10:47   Link #59
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Can i just ask. If the Saika can control anyone it stabs then how come Anri couldn't already control Haruna, and had to 'possess' Haruna again? Was Haruna a fake Saika?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was also a little bothered by that. Haruna recognized Anri as the one who attacked her, but we weren't shown when, why and how. It looks like Haruna managed to take over the child of Saika inside her because her love for Sensei was stronger, but I'm not sure what Anri did to her in this episode. I guess she gave her a stronger Saika?

Maybe novel readers have the explanation.
Remember Anri's Saika (or, at least Anri's disposition) is different from other Saika's. She probably could control Haruna, but couldn't control the other Saikas because they see Haruna as the "Mother" as she directly cut them. So what Anri really did was transfer/override the the control Haruna had over the children to herself.

As the original Saika, Anri feels that it's her responsibility, and lessen the chance for misuse.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2010-05-09 at 11:14.
Old 2010-05-09, 11:16   Link #60
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ If that's the case then doesn't that mean that Haruna wouldn't have been able to control Shizuo even if he was stabbed, because Haruna didn't directly cut him?

If not then doesn't that mean that despite being the original, Anri's Saika, is inferior in this aspect?
Closed Thread