Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2016-12-28, 16:20   Link #19481
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
1 point of armor isn't as effective as 1 fire power.
In fact, nowadays, 8-9 AA is perfectly enough, where 11-12 are only 1 of a kind for bigger slots where double fighters setup isn't enough.
Also note that german planes do not offer any accuracy bonus, so the wild cat is basically the best compromise in term of fighter providing offensive stats.

It isn't like the F6F-3 is fantastic by any means, but it is yet another plane that provide more firepower to optimize damage with a decent AA alongside.
And it isn't like the F6F-3 is the best american plane as Lowegear stated.
If you consider the base planes its perfectly fine as it is - the issue is that you have to bring in the non base planes like the Iwamoto and Iwai squad in; That is pretty much where it gets riddiculous as both of them are, in theory, easier to get than 1 F6f while being overall substancially better.

Lets put that upgrading Sara to Kai actually reduces your upgrades capabilities aside for a bit to get 1 F6F you need 6 Type 21 Zeros and 4 Type 35 Zeros along with 30 Screws (assuming you do it the dangerous way and not go for non double screw upgrades).
Adding in the ressources each 1f6 costs you 1000Fuel, 1200 Ammo, 3000 Bauxite and at least 30 screws, more likely 42 screws though.
This is of course not accounting for the ressources you need in order to get the planes it consumes to get the plane.

Asuming Sara can upgrade them and today is just not the day she can do it you might even need Reppus to upgrade them to lv 10.

The really hurting one here being the 3K bauxite, everything else is peanuts imho.

Reppu is a good catchword here too as at least for me I tend to get more Reppus out of the Fighter plane recipe than 21 Zeros or 35 Zeros too (Rather annoying since I need to replace some 21 Skilled after Zuikaku's upgrade quest) .

Due to all that I can't really see the worth of the F6F compared to the 21 Zero or
In contrast you can get the Skilled 21 by just completing a relatively easy quest line once a month or upgrade Hiryuu and Souryuu.

Which (ironically) brings us brings us back to the 12FP Iwamoto planes that only need need the realitelvy easy to aquire Zero 52.

Edit: note I fully admit that which planes tend to appear more often depends on the person in question, but I think the above makes the main problem with the F6F being so useless a bit more visible.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-28, 16:27   Link #19482
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I can't call them "easier" when you can't even compare them to begin with: Iwamoto and Iwai serve as real AA fighters, not AA fighters giving offensive stats. (and I daresay Iwai is borderline irrelevant considering it is merely a reppuu with not enough stats to warrant a definite spot).
It is a matter of being fine in spending more resource to have another optional plane.

You intentionally ignored the fact that we use at least 4 fighters (2 CV with 2 fighters) in an usual setup, up to 12 fighters (4 CV with 3 fighters). Depending of your needs, more pure AA would be required, while in other situations, planes like the german ones and the wildcat would be better.

Ever since we got the experience feature for planes, pure AA is hardly required all the time. Having only 1-3 planes like that is plenty enough.
This is quite obvious with maps like 5-5, recent maps hardly required insane fighter setup.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2016-12-28 at 16:40.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-28, 16:42   Link #19483
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I can't call them "easier" when you can't even compare them to begin with: Iwamoto and Iwai serve as real AA fighters, not AA fighters giving offensive stats. (and I daresay Iwai is borderline irrelevant considering it is merely a reppuu with not enough stats to warrant a definite spot).
It is a matter of being fine in spending more resource to have another optional plane.

You intentionally forget that we use at least 4 fighters (2 CV with 2 fighters) in an usual setup, up to 12 fighters (4 CV with 3 fighters). Depending of your needs, more pure AA would be required, while on other situations, planes like the german ones and the wildcat would be better.

Ever since we got the experience feature for planes, pure AA is hardly required all the time. Having only 1-3 planes like that is plenty enough.
This is quite obvious with maps like 5-5, recent maps hardly required insane fighter setup.
I didn't forget it. - I live more on the assumption that Fall 16 E4 will soon become event standard where even with both supremacy and proper bombing power everything was nothing but a pain in the ass.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-12-31, 03:26   Link #19484
Kakurin
大佐

Are the other servers also going nuts like Palau this month? After the last update before the reset I have 2264 points, will end up with 2300 perhaps, the most I ever got - and I'm in huge danger of missing the cut-off point. Been dropping like a stone the last few days, right now #468 and only 30 points ahead of #501.

EDIT: Just checked the data on wikia. Since the beginning of the tracking in January 2015 this is by far the highest cut-off point for Palau with 2234, besting the 2158 of March 2016.

Last edited by Kakurin; 2016-12-31 at 06:24.
Kakurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 07:33   Link #19485
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Are the other servers also going nuts like Palau this month? After the last update before the reset I have 2264 points, will end up with 2300 perhaps, the most I ever got - and I'm in huge danger of missing the cut-off point. Been dropping like a stone the last few days, right now #468 and only 30 points ahead of #501.

EDIT: Just checked the data on wikia. Since the beginning of the tracking in January 2015 this is by far the highest cut-off point for Palau with 2234, besting the 2158 of March 2016.
Nr 500 has 2411 on sakaki bay anchorage. Followed with jsut 1 pt difference.
Imho seems a bit high, then again I stopped tracking since I usally never get the rewards anyhow, nor got the ressources to do it

Edit: on other news KC3 works again, despite the error message.

Old 2016-12-31, 09:55   Link #19486
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

FREEDOM

I like the US Navy Officer Crest on the obi.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 11:18   Link #19487
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

New Year updates are in now. After relogging in, one should get a New Year banner made by a certain BB-61 =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 13:36   Link #19488
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
FREEDOM

I like the US Navy Officer Crest on the obi.
I wish she'd keep that Hair style - looks rather good on her.

Edit: Shouldn't maya be able to do AACI like that:
Recon, 2x 5inch mod2, Type3 Shell; BOFOR in Extra slot?

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-12-31 at 14:35.
Old 2017-01-01, 05:33   Link #19489
Rocksmash
Trapped within boundaries

Images
Houshou
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Yamakaze

Images
Iowa

Images
Akitsushima

Images
Hoppo
Rocksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-01, 09:40   Link #19490
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I'm thankful than they finally given us a way to get a Shiun outside the ranking reward but, the reward for the 4th quest was kind of low, unless they are going to make another use for the skilled pilot than getting a Zero type21(skilled).
Old 2017-01-01, 22:12   Link #19491
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Iowa looks amazing!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-02, 05:08   Link #19492
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Yumi Tanibe interview.

Also she learned French on the fly.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 22:04   Link #19493
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Trying 6-3 now and how did you guys manage to beat the boss there?

Did you use 2 CLs or 3? The only thing I seem to get from that map is dissappointment and Taihad lv 97 DDs :/

Old 2017-01-06, 00:38   Link #19494
Academus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Trying 6-3 now and how did you guys manage to beat the boss there?

Did you use 2 CLs or 3? The only thing I seem to get from that map is dissappointment and Taihad lv 97 DDs :/
Since introduction, 6-3 has become easier with Abukuma. The only node that's difficult is the boss where preemptive strikes are ineffective. Basically it's a balancing act between evasion, preemptive strikes, and night battle firepower. 2CLs configuration provides a chance of higher evasion, while 3CLs obviously provides higher firepower.

17 Winter 17 Spring
16 Winter: E1&2 E3 Spring: Prep E7 Summer: Prep E1&2 16 Fall
15 Winter: E1&2 E5 Spring: Prep E6 Summer: Prep E7 Fall: Prep E5
14 Summer: E6 Fall: E4
Academus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 11:12   Link #19495
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Hello good sirs and madams, I'm a newbie trying out the game after seeing some of my friends on twitter playing it.
I'd like to kindly ask you for some very basic advice - I tried browsing the wikis to get started but I found the sheer volume of information and data to be quite scary for a beginner.
I'm 艦隊司令部Level 9 right now, just got to world 1-5.

- What is the best way to level up ships at the very beginning of the game? I'd like to make them stronger via 改造, but xp grinding seems to take a lot of time
- I find myself constantly fuel and ammo starved, even by doing daily quests and expedition n.9, developing at most 1 new ship/day. Am I doing something wrong?
- What should I aim for when crafting new equipment?
- What does an all-around composition look like? Atm I'm running 3CA 1AV 1CL (I like DDs but they die way too fast, can't reach the end of the sortie safely)
- How do you counter planes? I tried putting some planes of my own (Chitose with 零式水上偵察機) and giving everyone else 対空 cannons, but it didn't seem to be that effective in 1-4 -- they would usually get a destroyer to 大破 before even beginning the fight.
- Is there a "tier" list for ships, to better know which ones I should keep or dismantle for resources?
- Can and/or should a low-level beginner partecipate in seasonal events to get the limited rewards or is it better to just focus on other stuff first?

Thank you in advance!
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 11:43   Link #19496
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Academus View Post
Since introduction, 6-3 has become easier with Abukuma. The only node that's difficult is the boss where preemptive strikes are ineffective. Basically it's a balancing act between evasion, preemptive strikes, and night battle firepower. 2CLs configuration provides a chance of higher evasion, while 3CLs obviously provides higher firepower.
Its mainly a LoS problem for me - I can either run a full DD AV, CL fleet that however makes the CL (YODO) utterly useless or the 2CL - while those compositions almost always fo to the boss node they cna't beat it so I am pretty much stuck with 3CLs and two DDs and thus have to go through node F which has CAs. That is assuming the 38 Formula 33 LoS on the Wiki are true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Hello good sirs and madams, I'm a newbie trying out the game after seeing some of my friends on twitter playing it.
I'd like to kindly ask you for some very basic advice - I tried browsing the wikis to get started but I found the sheer volume of information and data to be quite scary for a beginner.

- What is the best way to level up ships at the very beginning of the game? I'd like to make them stronger via 改造, but xp grinding seems to take a lot of time
- I find myself constantly fuel and ammo starved, even by doing daily quests and expedition n.9, developing at most 1 new ship/day. Am I doing something wrong?
- What does an all-around composition look like? Atm I'm running 3CA 1AV 1CL (I like DDs but they die way too fast, can't reach the end of the sortie safely)
- How do you counter planes? I tried putting some planes of my own (Chitose with 零式水上偵察機) and giving everyone else 対空 cannons, but it didn't seem to be that effective in 1-4 -- they would usually get a destroyer to 大破 before even beginning the fight.
- Is there a "tier" list for ships, to better know which ones I should keep or dismantle for resources?
- Can and/or should a low-level beginner partecipate in seasonal events to get the limited rewards or is it better to just focus on other stuff first?

Thank you in advance!
`
Hello and welcome to the game. May the goddess of RNG be with you:

While I can't read the Kanji you put there I can see where the general problem probably is:

- you are crafting too many expensive ships. Going by your amount of CAs you are probably doing what I did and constatly try getting BBs - this is pretty much what eats through your ressources most there.
Best only craft 30/30/30/30 for the daily quests and 10/10/10/10 in respective with the equipment one. - Or you are jsut really lucky with the drops. In any event sortieing them costs considerably more ressources than using a CL

- Consider upgrading your ships to Kai, they will need a minimum level for it but it has grat advantages. For DDs and for CAs its 20-30; (Special ships excluded here); If you got Maya (CA) she should be one of the ships to prioritize for this since she has a rather low requirement for Kai (lv 17 if I remember that right)

- The expeditions you want to do for ressources are pretty much 5,2, 38/37 - 21 is far more realistic for you atm though.
Also only run them with the minimum requirements that will again save you ressources. (also reduces the chance of getting great success though, assuming you sparkle the expeditions)

Chitose isn't really good there, rather try farming a light carrier. That way you can also do the quest to get Akagi. 3 CAs is almost overkill, assuming none of your ships is kai yet the ideal equipments would be as follows:

DD: 2xsmall cannon (green ones are fine too, just make sure its a cannon and not an AA gun)
CL: 2 Medium cannons (up to 15.5cm)
CA: 1 Recon plane, 2 Medium cannons (15.5 - 20.3)
BB: Recon, 2x heavy cannon, AP Shell/Radar
At your stage you can also equip a Yellow gun, which increases their firepower, at the cost of cut-in Damage (you do it more often in exchange though)

If they are already Kai then:
DD 2x 2 Cannon, Radar
Cl 1 Recon, 2 x Med cannon
CA Recon, 2 Med Cannons, Radar
BB: same as before

Carriers and light depend highly on the Kind of planes you have and their proficiency, your goal here is to have enough fighter power to get air superiority here. For this you need fighter planes, which only CVLs and CVs can equip

AVs: Midget sub and 2 Cannons or Middget and Zuins

tbh I didn't use them until World 2 - note that your problem here is partly that those can't equip fighter planes and it doesn't sound like you got a sufficient amount of Zuins with >> proficiency yet to compensate for it.

- There is no list per se. Klashikari made one for Upgrade prio a while ago though - it has to be somewhere between page 600 and 700. What you should definitely keep is:
Yuudachi, Fubuki, Hatsuharu, the Sendai Sisters, the Takao sisters and the Furutakas
You should also consider using them to modernise your current ships rather than scrapping them.

For the events its always good to partiucipate and try getting out of it what you can as you won't know when it will be available next time.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2017-01-06 at 12:08.
Old 2017-01-06, 12:24   Link #19497
Academus

Quote:

Thank you in advance!
1. Typical leveling spot includes 2-4-1, 3-2-1, 5-4 and 1-5. The merit of 2-4-1 and 3-2-1 is that it's possible to grind there with minimum expense in bucket. 5-4 is resource intensive but effective. 1-5 is great for DDs and CLs, but it would inflate your admiral (艦隊司令部) level. Make full use of exercise (演習), and your ships should reach remodel (改造) level relatively quick.

2. Expedition #9 is good if you're low on fuel and unavailable for a few hours, however if you have access to the game either through browser or the Android app, you should run more efficient expedition such as #5. You should also unlock second to fourth fleets ASAP to send more fleets out on expedition. (Quest A14 & A16 FYI)

3. At admiral level 9? Probably nothing. You need to reach lv 30 for the good stuff be craftable. Before then, just pass it with 10/10/10/10, or 10/30/10/31 if you have ammo and baux to spare. After you reached level 30, or 20 if you're desperate, you should start crafting planes.

4. First of all, there isn't a composition that fits all maps, as different maps feature different enemies and branching rules, thus different requirement on ships and equipments. Case in point being 1-5; no point in bring CA or ordinary BB to there. What you have here is definitely enough to push through 2-2 and 2-3 with high enough level. DDs are weak at your stage because of their low armour value, so instead of tanking a hit they need to rely on evasion, which increases as they level. DDs are very important in later maps and events; make sure you level them properly.

5. Aerial combat system is complicated. First, not all planes participate in aerial combat. Zero Recon. (零水偵) is one of those that don't, that's why it doesn't help. Second, due to the way the system operates, AAA is hit and miss even with the best configuration. What you can achieve at this stage is level your Chitose and remodel her into a CVL, which would allow you to have proper aerial presence and a way to achieve aerial superiority.

6. Duplicates can be scraped or used as modernisation fodder. There're differences in stats, but generally not big enough to really matter outside of extreme circumstances. Furthermore, due to shiplocking in events, it's better to have two lv 70 ships than one lv 90s for the same amount of total XP. Branching rules in events also often specify a specific ship, and it would be a major pain to farm or build it right in the middle of the event.

7. The next event is probably a month away. There's definitely enough time for you to clear it on easy difficulty, and depends on how well you prepared, perhaps one of the earlier maps on normal.

Finally, be reminded that any ships sank is lost forever. If you aren't sure, retreat. Or use an assistant programme.

17 Winter 17 Spring
Old 2017-01-06, 12:39   Link #19498
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Thank you both for your in-depth advice. I was indeed wasting resources by building expensive recipes from the wiki (thought going 30-30-30-30 or 10-10-10-10 would just "give me crap"), I'll try to focus on using resources on repairs and refills and build only for dailies.
Academus, by the way you worded it, I assume having a high admiral level wouldn't be good/optimal. Why wouldn't it? Only thing I know is that it gives access to more advanced crafts.
Nice to know there's an Android app, didn't know it existed, and it would surely give me more occasions to play than 1 hour per night at most.
By the way, if I got it correctly there is no way for a f2p player to unlock the other 2 slots in the repair dock, is it? With the long repair time for some ships, I get the feeling they're going to be valuable.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 12:48   Link #19499
Academus

Quote:
Thank you both for your in-depth advice. I was indeed wasting resources by building expensive recipes from the wiki (thought going 30-30-30-30 or 10-10-10-10 would just "give me crap"), I'll try to focus on using resources on repairs and refills and build only for dailies.
Academus, by the way you worded it, I assume having a high admiral level wouldn't be good/optimal. Why wouldn't it? Only thing I know is that it gives access to more advanced crafts.
Nice to know there's an Android app, didn't know it existed, and it would surely give me more occasions to play than 1 hour per night at most.
By the way, if I got it correctly there is no way for a f2p player to unlock the other 2 slots in the repair dock, is it? With the long repair time for some ships, I get the feeling they're going to be valuable.
Enemies in certain maps are balanced against your admiral level. For example, once you reached lv 80, the enemy submarine at 1-5-1 is upgraded and capable of shooting torps before normal combat phase. Event maps difficulty is now separated from your admiral level, so the problem is less severe, but it's something you should know.

No, there's no way to unlock docks without paying. Other things that're locked behind microtransaction include dorm space and wedding rings beyond the first one which is a quest reward.

17 Winter 17 Spring
Old 2017-01-07, 22:30   Link #19500
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Is there a way to do 6-3 without Ooyodo and without Unlimited recon plane works on one of the CLs?
Two utterly useless (Ooyodo + AV) are just too much for this map. Used around 100 Buckets by now...

Edit: Finally. It looks like the most obvious thing to do was the right one: Removing Abukuma for LoS and taking Jintsu and Sendai in addition to Yodo instead of Just Sendai/Kashima and ABKM finally did it -Not an S rank but I finally got rid of that map and can get the Keiun.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2017-01-07 at 23:27.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls