Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-12, 18:07   Link #901
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Whaaa......? I totally wasn't expecting that. I was expecting that the significant water might have some kind of 'holy water' effect, like we saw a few episodes ago when the charm worked like a cross.
I was wondering about that too, maybe since it was just a spring with magical powers attributed to it, not water blessed by a temple that's why it didn't hurt the vamps? Or maybe that's something that pops up more in Western vampire mythology, seems like a safe bet then that crossing running water isn't going to help you either.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 20:57   Link #902
achirist

I really liked how this episode showed some of the 'group dynamics' of the vampire clan that Tatsumi is forming. They really are just people still, and being controlled by cat-ear-kun when they could perhaps go away and get mansions of their own, maybe take just a little bit of blood from a lot of people instead of killing any one person. If I was Tatsumi, I wouldn't let a troublesome person like Natsuno rise--surely he could dig up the coffin beforehand and make sure it doesn't happen. I wonder who the puppet-girl really was when alive...
Old 2010-09-12, 22:25   Link #903
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Imagine the mess they would be in if Natsuno rises as another daywalker to counter Tatsumi.
Old 2010-09-13, 05:40   Link #904
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Imagine the mess they would be in if Natsuno rises as another daywalker to counter Tatsumi.
That actually crossed my mind but wouldn't it be a bit much? I mean, having natsuno come back has one of the most powerful characters in the show would be a bit unsettling to the nice preoccupying mood they've been setting up.
Old 2010-09-13, 05:44   Link #905
oompa loompa

I get a feeling that the 'holy water' may still have something to do with it - i.e. thats why Toru chose that specific spot to bite natsuno.. Even though it would be wildly interesting, I'm not feeling a Natsuno vampire any time soon.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 14:45   Link #906
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
I get a feeling that the 'holy water' may still have something to do with it - i.e. thats why Toru chose that specific spot to bite natsuno.. Even though it would be wildly interesting, I'm not feeling a Natsuno vampire any time soon.
yeah thats what I was thinking, I mean why else would they explain about the guardian of the spring and such.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 15:39   Link #907
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
yeah thats what I was thinking, I mean why else would they explain about the guardian of the spring and such.
Probably just Natsuno remembering the good times he had with Toru before he was bitten in the end. Of course we will probably see Natsuno become a vampire, but then again, even if he does rise again, he will probably be disobedient for what the vampires are doing to the village when he was "alive"
Old 2010-09-13, 15:44   Link #908
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
I agree with you both. The animators shouldn't be wasting screen time on the spider and the water unless they have eventual significance. Furthermore, if the spide and water are Ono's creations and not anime additions, then I'm sure they're important. From what I know of Ono's writings, if she includes something odd like that, it will be significant later on without a doubt.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 18:36   Link #909
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
That actually crossed my mind but wouldn't it be a bit much? I mean, having natsuno come back has one of the most powerful characters in the show would be a bit unsettling to the nice preoccupying mood they've been setting up.
His skull was the biggest one in the OP.
Old 2010-09-15, 00:40   Link #910
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Wow the full OP to this is everything I expected!! Been looping it!! I really really hope the new OP is as good, its gonna be hard to top.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 01:12   Link #911
Kona-Kona
Densetsu shoujo "A"

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
wondering why only Megumi change her clothing taste after becoming vampire...
Moreover, where does she get the clothes?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Yeah, I had the same thought in my head when she said that line. I imagined Natsuno's monologue response at the time to be "Yeah, but certainly no you." .
Oh boy you made me laugh so hard wit that one. I completely agree!
Kona-Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 03:24   Link #912
Jarmel

Well there was some extreme stupidity this week. First off being Natsuno's parents not asking what's going on and then just screwing him up left and right. The father has a strong feeling something is up and instead of asking why his son put up a bunch of crosses, he just tosses them out. Then Natsuno was just plain retarded for staying in his house when he knows they're going to attack him. He should have found some place else to crash. Then he's stupid enough to go yelling in the dark. Not to mention when he got caught between the two vampires he didn't flat out run. So honestly after this I'm kinda glad he got bit.

So are we going to be dealing with a vampire protagonist or is it going to switch to the doctor as the hero of the story?
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 04:13   Link #913
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
So are we going to be dealing with a vampire protagonist or is it going to switch to the doctor as the hero of the story?
I hope no manga readers will answer this question, because we don't want spoilers in this thread.
Old 2010-09-15, 04:24   Link #914
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I hope no manga readers will answer this question, because we don't want spoilers in this thread.
That was more rheotorical as it seems both will probably continue on as main characters.
Old 2010-09-15, 05:24   Link #915
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Well there was some extreme stupidity this week. First off being Natsuno's parents not asking what's going on and then just screwing him up left and right. The father has a strong feeling something is up and instead of asking why his son put up a bunch of crosses, he just tosses them out. Then Natsuno was just plain retarded for staying in his house when he knows they're going to attack him. He should have found some place else to crash. Then he's stupid enough to go yelling in the dark. Not to mention when he got caught between the two vampires he didn't flat out run. So honestly after this I'm kinda glad he got bit.

Remember that the parents don't know about the vampires. Consider this: you have a very Christian father, and he found out that you have all the Feng Shui/ Ying Yang/ Tai Chi stuff. Do you think he will talk to you or simply throw everything away?

Natsuno don't have many friends. Besides even if he did he need to go home eventually.

Natsuno is in love with Toru That is why he lost his common sense.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 05:28   Link #916
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Remember that the parents don't know about the vampires. Consider this: you have a very Christian father, and he found out that you have all the Feng Shui/ Ying Yang/ Tai Chi stuff. Do you think he will talk to you or simply throw everything away?

Natsuno don't have many friends. Besides even if he did he need to go home eventually.

If I randomly did it one day, yes he would ask what was going on.

So? Even a hotel or cottage somewhere on the edge of town would be better. He obviously didn't need to go home when he crashed with Toru. If his parents didn't give him permission, so what? I think living to see another day takes priority over alot of stuff. Staying at your house with a wrench is not the way to survive a vampire onslaught.
Old 2010-09-15, 09:35   Link #917
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post

Good lord i dont want to see two homo vampire scene i hope the doctor reverse the cure. I feel sorry for Megumi so that means there will be yuri action.

So are they gonna air the last episode of 11?

PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 10:20   Link #918
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Good lord i dont want to see two homo vampire scene i hope the doctor reverse the cure. I feel sorry for Megumi so that means there will be yuri action.

So are they gonna air the last episode of 11?
It just means that Tooru is bi.
Old 2010-09-15, 10:42   Link #919
Serated
In your heart.

Remember it takes more than 1 bite to turn someone =o
Serated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 19:38   Link #920
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serated View Post
Remember it takes more than 1 bite to turn someone =o
Yeah, but then again the Hypnosis is going to be placed, and it would be a matter of time until Natsu is going to be a easy pray that falls victim to it. Unless he has the doctor that is able to diss vampires to protect Natsu.

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire