AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-03-26, 09:02   Link #6001
JDFUdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
I'm fine with the ending being somewhat unexpected, but I agree that it should be consistent with the rest of the story so far. As much as people call for a Sensei end, or some other third option, I feel like there isn't enough in that happened between them and 8man to justify that ending. But there is a very real possibility of Watari pulling a fast one on us.
What kind of twist would you like to see? Personally, if I were to pick one, it'd be (saika being a girl) a Saki end (or a Megurin side story). Although I can't picture any of it happening consistently with the story.
JDFUdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 09:07   Link #6002
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFUdude View Post
What kind of twist would you like to see?.
mmm...
Hikki being hit by a car?
Yukino being hit by a car?
All of them being hit by the same car within a single week?
Zombie apocalypse with Hikki being the only one spared because he blended in?
Planet removal to build the intergalactic highwa-- wait, wrong book.

(Sorry)
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 09:22   Link #6003
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
What kind of twist would you like to see?
Yukino lying for Hikki's sake.

Quote:
Bother to outline?
It's sort of hinted that Hikki is going to make a large sacrifice in the end (because he always does the things he is warned not to ); it's also sorta hinted that the sacrifice is going to be for Yukinon's sake (as the magical combo of "Yukinon being in trouble" and "Yukinon asking for help" is pretty much fulfilled); what's more in the air is how the girls & Hayama are going to react to those consequences, which is why I would sorta Yukinon going against her principles (aka, making a sacrifice) to help Hikki's situation.

Last edited by Okashira; 2015-03-26 at 09:56.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 09:36   Link #6004
Sohemo
||

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Bother to outline?

Quote:
It's sort of hinted that Hikki is going to make a large sacrifice in the end (because he always does the things he is warned not to ); it's also sorta hinted that the sacrifice is going to be for Yukinon's sake (as the magical combo of "Yukinon being in trouble" and "Yukinon asking for help" is pretty much fulfilled); what's more in the air is how the girls & Hayama are going to react to those consequences, which is why I would sorta Yukinon going against her principles (aka, making a sacrifice) to help Hikki's situation.
So what you are hoping for is Yukino's sacrifice in general, not necessarily lie? I was caught by that word mainly.

Last edited by Sohemo; 2015-03-26 at 10:36.
Sohemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 09:49   Link #6005
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
mmm...
All of them being hit by the same car within a single week?
Zombie apocalypse with Hikki being the only one spared because he blended in?
Planet removal to build the intergalactic highwa-- wait, wrong book.

(Sorry)
I wouldn't be surprised if Hikki does get into another accident again, if just for the cast to gather round and visit him for a easy farewell from all of them. If it was Yukino on the other hand, I think most of the fandom, including me, would get a heart attack.

Inevitably, there's bound to be a major conflict before the end that Hikki will take the heat for. Personally, just a uncharacteristic gesture from either, if not both of the girls to stand up for Hikki would be plenty good enough by then.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 09:55   Link #6006
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
It's sort of hinted that Hikki is going to make a large sacrifice in the end.
But he's more or less cured of that mindset recently.

I mean he certainly will do something regarding the last boss, but not the solo sacrifice. It's gotta be something showing his changes.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 10:02   Link #6007
JDFUdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
mmm...
The dolphins knew it all along.
Quote:
I'd make sense, with her being blind and all, you know.

Quote:
THIS. Or at least a Yukino speech preventing Hikki to sacrifice for her (Sagami scene comes to mind)... But that would just negate all character development we've had thus far.

Someone said a while ago something I'd like to see as well: Yukino burying her face in Hikki's chest (a man can dream).
JDFUdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 11:52   Link #6008
HereticMagus

Quote:
What kind of twist would you like to see?
For my part, the biggest and safest bet they could take with a twist would be an end where 8man is/has to be helped.
You know, retcon our whole notion of Yukino mom/ Yukino problem being the last boss.
HereticMagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 11:52   Link #6009
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Actually, the ending could be were Yukino herself solves her problem with the help of Hikki and the usual gang (everyone most likely). By doing that, Yukinoshita finally can prove that she can solve something and, on the other side, that will need help. To be helped at all, she has to honestly, sincerely say the whole truth instead of keeping silent about important things like so far (despite the first step made in 10th).

That will allow Yukino to come on terms with herself (She has to change to move forward) and choose her own path and as a bonus for over 9000 friendships become closer to that illusive something genuine (by Hikki's thoughts - "Something genuine. That’s to say, the truth, or perhaps sincerity").

The whole idea of nothing else changed apart from her not following Haruno anymore can be boiled to it. Her not following her sister shadow was just the start (well there are layers of complexity to it but that's the gist). Now I'll like to see how 10.5 goes on and what Yukino shares in talks with Hachiman to have a better grasp to where and how much it developed from the 10th concerning her being more honest.

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 12:10   Link #6010
Excorsism

I'm still betting on Yukino solving the genuine thing herself which will set herself apart from Hachiman and Haruno since they apparently have no clue what it is themselves which also ties in with her discussion after the rollercoaster with Hachiman. Then there's the "make the loser do anything you want" bet. Then we've come full circle for the greatest love story of all time^tm.

Makes so much sense that it's totally not going to happen.
Old 2015-03-26, 12:48   Link #6011
Heat066

All we can do is hope Watari won't screw this up, but hey, when did this man fail us? I don't remember one time.
Old 2015-03-26, 14:47   Link #6012
lijenstina
Nihilism for Beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
I'm still betting on Yukino solving the genuine thing herself which will set herself apart from Hachiman and Haruno since they apparently have no clue what it is themselves which also ties in with her discussion after the rollercoaster with Hachiman. Then there's the "make the loser do anything you want" bet. Then we've come full circle for the greatest love story of all time^tm.

Makes so much sense that it's totally not going to happen.
To solve the genuine thing Hachiman and Yui also have to, or at least want to achieve it, so she couldn't do it by herself only. Basically there are two elements to it - Yukino intentions and actions that strive to be genuine (her part) and the relationship in the Service Club that also depends on the intentions and actions of the other two for reaching the goal.

If it is otherwise it will be similar to the analogy of the Hayato's group in Vol.10 were both Iroha and Miura made efforts to get closer to Hayato but he couldn't/didn't want to allow that.

“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human”
lijenstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 15:02   Link #6013
dark44

isnt the development in this series is very slow 10 volums and not much between the two leads the only development is between Hachiman and Yui so the second season well not finish the novel
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 16:09   Link #6014
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
All we can do is hope Watari won't screw this up, but hey, when did this man fail us? I don't remember one time.
By writing 10.5 instead of 11. I'm half-joking, .

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijenstina View Post
To solve the genuine thing Hachiman and Yui also have to, or at least want to achieve it, so she couldn't do it by herself only. Basically there are two elements to it - Yukino intentions and actions that strive to be genuine (her part) and the relationship in the Service Club that also depends on the intentions and actions of the other two for reaching the goal.

If it is otherwise it will be similar to the analogy of the Hayato's group in Vol.10 were both Iroha and Miura made efforts to get closer to Hayato but he couldn't/didn't want to allow that.
Well, the idea is that Yukino is the primary factor in getting it solved. Of course, she'll get help from the other two. It starts with her and ends with her. Basically, she'd get the point in Hiratsuka-sensei's competition... assuming that's how her weird scoring system works.

I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at with your analogy here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
isnt the development in this series is very slow 10 volums and not much between the two leads the only development is between Hachiman and Yui so the second season well not finish the novel
Yeah, if you're just choosing to ignore every Yukino scene, I guess it'd be slow, .

Anyway, exactly one more week, a couple days for the Japan-inclined.

Last edited by Excorsism; 2015-03-26 at 16:32.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 16:37   Link #6015
csuree
The Most Hated™

One thing is certain before the ending Yui and Hikki will have that confession, this time for real.

I will not bet on the result of it, but certainly all 3 of them will solve their issues, and as far as I can tell will help Hiratsuka sensei overcome her single lady life, Kawasaki will find her reason of existing, etc, etc.

I really hope for a semi-closed ending, where the main problems are solved, but it is open in terms of romantic relationships.

Honestly I really love this series, I will miss it when it ends, but I am sure that we all will be satisfied with the ending.
Old 2015-03-26, 18:58   Link #6016
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
Honestly I really love this series, I will miss it when it ends, but I am sure that we all will be satisfied with the ending.
Damn I get ya man, to think I discovered this because I was bored fishing for new anime, the animation looked crappy here and there, but thank God I looked beyond that.

Just like everybody(well, those with good taste) the development of this story and it's characters is what made me fall in love with this, plus this was the anime that introduced me into the LN world.

Will really miss it. *feels mode off*
Old 2015-03-27, 02:00   Link #6017
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
What kind of twist would you like to see? Personally, if I were to pick one, it'd be (saika being a girl) a Saki end (or a Megurin side story). Although I can't picture any of it happening consistently with the story.
I think an Iroha end would be surprising, but satisfying enough since Watari did a good job of developing her character quite a bit. Megurin would be too far out of the left field for me to consider, simply because she didn't show all that much interest in 8man when she was still around.

I'm still wondering if he's planning to do something with Orimoto or not. Considering a lot of 8man's sentiments towards "nice girls" and girlfriends in general stem from her rejection of him, Watari might be trying to develop something around her. Their interactions in V9 felt like it was leading into something for me; but I could be wrong.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 06:59   Link #6018
hvgill

I'm fully expecting that he doesn't end up with any of the girls in high school . Then, we'll get a time skip epilogue ,in which, any of the girls could be possible. The reason he won't end up with any one in high school is ,because he's hyper aware that anyone dating him will probably be negatively effected by his reputation. The only one who wouldn't care about her rep would probably be ,Saki.
hvgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 07:45   Link #6019
clarkken228

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvgill View Post
I'm fully expecting that he doesn't end up with any of the girls in high school . Then, we'll get a time skip epilogue ,in which, any of the girls could be possible. The reason he won't end up with any one in high school is ,because he's hyper aware that anyone dating him will probably be negatively effected by his reputation. The only one who wouldn't care about her rep would probably be ,Saki.
You forgot a certain Ice Queen out there sir she's the most likely to be "ending girl" right now.
Old 2015-03-27, 10:50   Link #6020
Excorsism

The more scenes I see, the better I feel about season 2. They even added Tobe messing around with a wooden sword!

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck