klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsubou-san View Post
Spoiler for Ep 7:
Spoiler for eps 7:
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 13:56   Link #284
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Really loved this episode. This show reminds me more of Natsume Yujinchou every episode, and I thought it was one of the best shows that came up in the last couple of years
Old 2010-11-16, 14:51   Link #285
Bananikus

LOL WTF? Just look at this.

On top is episode 2, on bottom episode 1. Both are 720p and same group release.
How it is possible? Shortly after first episode release creators decided to improve this and did it in one week? It's not only one frame, but the entire OP, mostly clothes.
Ridiculous...
Bananikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 01:50   Link #286
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Really loved this episode. This show reminds me more of Natsume Yujinchou every episode, and I thought it was one of the best shows that came up in the last couple of years
Good comparison, I always had a smile on my face when I watched that and I do the same with this. Watched 6 and 7 back to back. The twins backstory was so sad 7 was cute, Kei's reasons for being scared of spirits makes sense after seeing his dad
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 15:34   Link #287
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananikus View Post
LOL WTF? Just look at this.

On top is episode 2, on bottom episode 1. Both are 720p and same group release.
How it is possible? Shortly after first episode release creators decided to improve this and did it in one week? It's not only one frame, but the entire OP, mostly clothes.
Ridiculous...
Maybe they had to get episode one out of the door before they finished polishing the OP. Kinda like what SHAFT had when Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu started, except SHAFT needed 3/4 weeks for both the OP and ED. Anyway, I'm just guessing here.
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 18:57   Link #288
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Good comparison, I always had a smile on my face when I watched that and I do the same with this. Watched 6 and 7 back to back. The twins backstory was so sad 7 was cute, Kei's reasons for being scared of spirits makes sense after seeing his dad
If I were Kei...I'd be more scared of his dad than of spirits. XD But his mother's and sister's supernatural abilities are interesting. I wonder if there's any connection to that and Kei...?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 19:55   Link #289
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 7 was a good heartwarming episode and i can understand why Agemaki wanted Zakuro to meet his father. I think she now has a better understanding of who he is and why he acts a certain way. Some might consider this episode slow but its actually quite important for future developments between the two. The most lovely scene in the whole episode was Zakuro standing by the window with the breeze blowing smelling the flowers. Shortly after Agemaki appears with some Peaches but before the look on his face was that of utter amazement of Zakuro's beauty at least thats why i think. The way they animator Zakuro in the scene took my breath away.

Like many others I believe that the women in his family are spiritually sensitive to a point. However i think its mainly his sister who possesses it. She can see his old cat with no problem and even upon Agemaki leaving she said good for you like she could and has been communicating with the cat for some time. Its one thing to see spirits but if you can communicate with them you are very strong tuned to the spiritually world. I find it funny Zakuro figured it out but still seemed quite puzzled by the fact. This is another good set up for a future relationship between Zakuro and Agemaki. I dont think this is the last we have seen of his imouto.

His mother on the other hand i feel just has good old fashion mothers intuition. You know what im talking about like how your mom can figure things out just on a glance things that only a mother can tell, she observed Zakuro during dinner and deduced it rather quickly But the two most important facts of Zakuro meeting Agemaki's mother is 1. She is not prejudiced against spirits which means her husbands influence does not hold that much sway over her. 2nd she knew that Zakuro was making her rather gloomy and son happy. She commented she has not seen that much energy in him in a long time.

I am still amazed that this series has captured my attention as much as it has. The character designs are just so lovely especially the clothes and how the characters especially the girls move in them its just over all beautiful.

Next Episode is sure to produce more more of my favorite couple Susukihotaru and Riken but with a twist this could be interesting.

Favorite part of episode 7.

Agemaki: Sorry for making you wait alone

Zakuro: GUT CHECK PUNCH!!!!!!!!!!

Agemaki: wh..why

Zakuro: I know!

Agemaki: huh...know what?

Zakuro: I dont know!

Agemaki: huh? You know? You dont know?

LMAO doesnt matter if they are 100% human women or a half demon women. A women is a women and their prerogatives are something males were never meant to understand. lol
Old 2010-11-20, 18:16   Link #290
kitten320

I wonder how come Kei's sister can see spirits, hope it will be reavealed eventually.
Old 2010-11-20, 19:10   Link #291
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I wonder how come Kei's sister can see spirits, hope it will be reavealed eventually.
Its pretty clear that so can Mom see spirits ... I think perhaps its as simple as they're open to the concept. People "see what they want to see".

Love ep 7 .... full of understatement rather than just slapping the viewer in the face (like much of prime time local series I try to watch).
Old 2010-11-22, 13:26   Link #292
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for OYZ 08 - A Study in Foils:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 13:45   Link #293
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 08:
Old 2010-11-22, 15:13   Link #294
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep8:
Old 2010-11-22, 16:02   Link #295
LKK

Does anyone know where I can find English translations of the ending credits songs? I would so love to know what they're singing. (Blast Crunchyroll & its lack of lyrics translations. )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 20:35   Link #296
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for my take on ep 8:
Old 2010-11-23, 00:25   Link #297
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Beautiful episode.

Zakuro is extremely beautiful with her hair down.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 00:29   Link #298
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
"She's looking for the blond."

Is that actually an accurate translation? I'd always assumed that this was a case of using hair colours to differentiate characters, and I've generally gotten the impression CR's translation is pretty liberal. If accurate, it does raise some interesting questions.
I didn't notice anyone else answer your question, so yes: the girl does ask for the blond one. She said パツキン which is "blond hair."

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Old 2010-11-23, 00:40   Link #299
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Spoiler for my take on ep 8:
Spoiler for episode 8:

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-23, 08:14   Link #300
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As others have already said, the plot is very classic/typical, but the wonderful characters and romance are more than enough to make this one of the best anime this season for me. I enjoyed seeing the girls interact a bit more with someone other their respective partners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for OYZ 08 - A Study in Foils:
Yeah, I'm sure their voices sound the same in universe, they only gave her different seiyuus so that we, the audience, would be able to tell them apart.

Tags
fantasy, seinen