AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-19, 22:25   Link #241
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The manga has not finished yet --- so the anime shall probably go the Gonzo way.
I just saw this on the page for the DVD at CDJapan:
Quote:
The anime version features the different ending from the original comic.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 22:46   Link #242
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
I just saw this on the page for the DVD at CDJapan:
Well, I guess this is not a big deal considering the Bokurano manga is still at least 1 year away from finishing (since it's published monthly and has at least 10-12 more issues) whereas the anime will end in 24-25 weeks...

As long as Gonzo just doesn't screw the ending up, i'll be happy with whatever they come up with. They have a bad track record at original/new endings though (see Gantz)
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 22:55   Link #243
Antonik

i really want to know where this "game" comes from, and why they needed to start playing, has this been explained yet?
Antonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 23:10   Link #244
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonik View Post
i really want to know where this "game" comes from, and why they needed to start playing, has this been explained yet?
Short Answer: "Why" has been answered.
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 08:32   Link #245
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Well, I guess this is not a big deal considering the Bokurano manga is still at least 1 year away from finishing (since it's published monthly and has at least 10-12 more issues) whereas the anime will end in 24-25 weeks...

As long as Gonzo just doesn't screw the ending up, i'll be happy with whatever they come up with. They have a bad track record at original/new endings though (see Gantz)
There have already been changes from the manga, so i trust Gonzo, they probably know what they're doing.. Still, they have a lot of manga material to go with --- so it shall be interesting to see what they do with it.
Old 2007-04-20, 08:37   Link #246
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Quote:
Hmm, I watched the OP closer... Does anyone want to speculate on what Machi's scene indicates?

She's standing there watching a destroyed earth... The only reason this is important is because (don't read further if you don't want any manga information)

Spoiler:
Thank you for spoiling me Narutaru's ending.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 08:45   Link #247
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
Thank you for spoiling me Narutaru's ending.
It was under spoiler text for a reason. You didn't have to read it. Also, Narutaru was canceled and is never going to be finished over here, so I don't think it matters if it gets spoiled or not, unless you were planning on learning japanese some day and reading through the remaining volumes that never came out here.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 08:47   Link #248
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
It was under spoiler text for a reason.
Yes, but you could have labeled the spoiler.
Old 2007-04-20, 09:47   Link #249
Child_of_Sierra

It's a good thing I'm up to date with the manga so spoilers are not a big deal.

This thread is visited as much by manga fans as anime watchers its almost impossible to ask a speculative question and not have the answer from the manga posted by someone else PLUS other information that spoils more of the story.

So yeah just my small rant... anyway watched ep2 and I really like how they flesh out the summer class interactions the kids have. Don't know if that was the animator's intent but the giant robot battle seemed surreal (3d) against the backdrop of 2d animation. I actually found the initial laser attack funny but the end scene gave me vibes I haven't felt since watching Now and Then, Here and There. Oh and yeah it's a good thing this isn't mahou shoujo since Dung Beetle would be the worst plushie sidekick ever.
Old 2007-04-20, 09:49   Link #250
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Quote:
It was under spoiler text for a reason. You didn't have to read it. Also, Narutaru was canceled and is never going to be finished over here, so I don't think it matters if it gets spoiled or not, unless you were planning on learning japanese some day and reading through the remaining volumes that never came out here.
You didn't specify that it's a spoiler from Narutaru, so, having read every chapter of Bokurano that's released, I thought it'd be safe to see the spoiler. So, how can I imagine there's a spoiler from Narutaru and not only from Bokurano by this?
Quote:
(don't read further if you don't want any manga information)
And I already have some knowledge of Japanese (specifically, I'm studying two years now) and I was planning to read Narutaru.
Quajafrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 10:37   Link #251
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
I'll be checking out ep. 2 tonight when I get home. I was surprised 'Triad' got it up so soon. But ep. 3 is already on the rise now. I really got to watch shows and clean out my laptop. Too many new shows!!!

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 11:18   Link #252
Karnot
Banned

I think it would look much fancier if enemies appeared as in manga, i.e. falling through a portal hole, instead of Gantz-like "rendering" as in anime.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 11:37   Link #253
vspirit
...huh?

what's wrong with discussing about the OP? it's part of the anime itself. and studios always have a habit of symbolically revealing things that have yet to come in their OPs.

the running figure doesn't look like Kako at all to me. and he already makes his appearance with his back facing the audience in the shark-watching shot anyway. and i never noticed machi's one since it's so dark...but that's just a shot of her looking at a town, decimated due to the mech fights, isn't it? rather than a post-apocalyptic world, i mean. like someone here said, it's not really about the world ending via the apocalypse, it's about
Spoiler:

anyway so, someone said that's Jun? If that's really him, he runs like a girl...
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 11:39   Link #254
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
what's wrong with discussing about the OP? it's part of the anime itself. and studios always have a habit of symbolically revealing things that have yet to come in their OPs.
I don't recall anyone saying you can't discuss the OP -- its when people start to add manga spoilers without labeling them, thats whats wrong.
Old 2007-04-20, 11:40   Link #255
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
I have no idea what the manga entails (poor little American), but this series is shaping up to be very interesting and from what I do understand about the little catches this "game" has, quite twisted. And yet despite my track record of recent shows, I love it for that premise.

I usually watch the first two or so episodes before deciding whether or not to continue with a new show, and I think I've decided that this one is worth a watch. I haven't seen enough Gonzo produced shows to understand the poorly done endings some of you have mentioned, but I hope it doesn't disappoint.

...and yes, the power of the laser as shown in episode two is both potentially frightening and awesome. Wow.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 11:41   Link #256
vspirit
...huh?

no, someone from a few pages earlier did complain about people only talking bout OPs and manga and not the anime itself. the manga part i get. i just don't see why anyone should refrain from talking about the OP since it is an essential part of the anime.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhx View Post
60% of this thread is talking about the OP. Jeez, it's a song, get over it. :P 35% of the rest is talking about the manga. Where the hell are the anime discussions?
There ya go. Should've done that earlier, heh. And my bad, it's only one page earlier, not a few.

EDIT02:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrite View Post
I have no idea what the manga entails (poor little American)...
You left out the word 'law-abiding' between 'little' and 'American'.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 11:53   Link #257
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
You left out the word 'law-abiding' between 'little' and 'American'.
Oops, my apologies. I could also include something about unable to read Japanese, but I like your idea better! :P
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 12:30   Link #258
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Well I like epi 2 alot. Bokurano seems to have a weird power over me like Kanon did...although its not my style of anime at all, I cant help but watch it....since Im not a manga reader I look forward to what will be happening alot more!

the last 20 secs made me go O____O
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 12:55   Link #259
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
the last 20 secs made me go O____O
The BGM for the last scene was absolutely wonderful. <3
Old 2007-04-20, 13:03   Link #260
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The BGM for the last scene was absolutely wonderful. <3
Amen, as I stated in my first post in this thread I adore the bgm and the OP to this
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha