AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-16, 07:26   Link #581
Nanami
~ stray wolf ~

I must agree. Episode 7 was great! Despite some changes (according to manga), still... it was very, very nice episode. It has climate. And music in background was perfect. And I'm so happy that relations between characters are not changed so far.

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Nanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 10:43   Link #582
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep7:
ep 7
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 12:39   Link #583
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Where Am I?

There's within me a strong urge to go back to read the manga, because I felt that some events of the confrontation at the manor were original but maybe just my imagination.

The animation staff managed a pretty, good job at fleshing out Gil's past.
Spoiler:

My only complain in this episode was that Zwei's maniacal laughter and voice tone literally got to my nerves and began to nerve me like tomorrow's end.

BTW, one of my first speculation was proven correct in this episode.
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Best Alice episode 6 pics:

Last edited by Guido; 2009-05-16 at 12:59.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 13:18   Link #584
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep7:
That's an interesting theory.
Spoiler:

I am just loving Oz's character more and more. But the one comment that Break says to Oz makes me wonder (and think that the theory Serenade_beta said may be true). Break said how Oz seems more intelligent than what his physical, childish body portrays. Now Break could simply be insulting but I think in all of Break's sarcasm there is truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiina View Post
Spoiler for Episode 7:
Really? I didn't finish watching the raw...awww that totally sucks. That part really showed the twisted and strong side of Oz's character. D:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 17:01   Link #585
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well, another two chapters poped up on the internet today so the manga readers who can't read Japanese can learn a little more now. And I have postcard scans! Well, I didn't photograph them, but you get the point.
Side One
Side Two
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 18:03   Link #586
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

What magazine are those postcards from, Newtype?
Old 2009-05-16, 19:03   Link #587
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I think so, the original post is here and the poster mentions Kobato which I know to be serialized in there.
EDIT: Yup, one of the other photos has Newtype written on it so I'm sure of it!
Old 2009-05-16, 19:33   Link #588
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I just notice how Raven tends to cover half his face whenever he gets emotional.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2009-05-17, 13:55   Link #589
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've been enjoying the Kajiura score in this series, though seriously it was taken up a notch in episode 7. Since her work for the Kara no Kyoukai films (which i find to be her best work), i've wanted something that would be on the same level as that, and not go back to her previous state before the films, and i can easily say that's happened thanks to this episode.

Starting from the piece used during the first conversation between Gil and Oz before Gil went to the grave, to the piece used during Alice's memory sequence. Good work Kajiura, now please keep it up.
Old 2009-05-17, 16:46   Link #590
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I just notice how Raven tends to cover half his face whenever he gets emotional.
Heh, my brother does that too when he gets embarrassed, must be a guy thing. And I was annoyed that they didn't have Oz shoot the rabbit, it really showed how strange his personality is and it looks like that gets commented on in the next episode so it would've been a great set up.
And I am loving the music. OMG, I might actually need to get the soundtrack for this series.
Old 2009-05-18, 12:19   Link #591
Tormenk

Episode 7 hits the spot for me. Great music throughout and the animation went up too. Pacing was fine the way it was, otherwise I doubt they could have drawn out the feelings as well as they did.

Creepy creepy bunny. Xebec is piling on the dark stuff with the bunny but cut out on Oz's share instead lol. Oh well at least white Alice is <3.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 18:08   Link #592
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I want to second a lot of the praise in the past few posts. Music is great (OP and BGM). Story is strong and intriguing.

And I'll add some praise for Minagawa Junko, who is the voice of Oz. The quality of her voice really works for me here. She's a 33-year-old seiyuu who plays Ryouma in Prince of Tennis, Akira in ARIA, Ayaka in Negima, and Luca in Vampire Knight. I especially liked her as Hitomi in the extremely weird yuri science fiction show ICE:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-05-20 at 11:27.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 10:56   Link #593
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Kinda like someone else turning away when he's uncomfortable

Omg the music in epi 7 has just been wonderful, I want an OST now!

Ok maybe Im nitpicking but hadnt Raven reloaded right before Oz entered the mansion back in epi 6? I dont think he shot at anyone before shooting the Contracter (if he had a name I forgot it) but yet he was out of bullets right after. I watched 6 and 7 back to back but maybe Im wrong

Oh man when Oz is treating Raven and he's sitting there with his coat on his shoulders....I about flipped

Since I havent read the manga yet I dont know but Im assuming there is a reason that even though its been 10 years and Gil aged, Sharon hasnt??? Unless I totally missed something btwn epis 1-7 XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Well, another two chapters poped up on the internet today so the manga readers who can't read Japanese can learn a little more now. And I have postcard scans! Well, I didn't photograph them, but you get the point.
Side One
Side Two
ahgsfhgsdhjdfg Date-sama!!! Oh wait wrong thread
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 18:30   Link #594
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Ok maybe Im nitpicking but hadnt Raven reloaded right before Oz entered the mansion back in epi 6? I dont think he shot at anyone before shooting the Contracter (if he had a name I forgot it) but yet he was out of bullets right after. I watched 6 and 7 back to back but maybe Im wrong
I think, yeah, I'm sure that he shot the other pandora members that were being controlled. I think the contractor even made a comment on it, how he was cruel enough to shoot his co-workers, or something to that extent.
Old 2009-05-20, 19:23   Link #595
FireChick

Quote:
Omg the music in epi 7 has just been wonderful, I want an OST now!
Me too! Has the pretty piece from episode 3 come back yet???
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 20:27   Link #596
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Kinda like someone else turning away when he's uncomfortable
LOL! Those things still remind you of him, doesn't it?

Quote:
Like wandering-dreamer said, Raven actually shot all his comrades, who were controlled by the contractor, before Oz made his appearance.

Quote:
Oh man when Oz is treating Raven and he's sitting there with his coat on his shoulders....I about flipped
Oh don't get me to start fangirling here as well.

Quote:
Since I havent read the manga yet I dont know but Im assuming there is a reason that even though its been 10 years and Gil aged, Sharon hasnt??? Unless I totally missed something btwn epis 1-7 XD
Both Sharon and Break remain the same as they were 10 years ago, and there is probably a reason for that but the manga scans haven't reached that point yet. I wonder if they somehow came out of the Abyss or some other time-warped dimension as well?

And one thing that I keep wondering about...How the hell does Break get Emily to talk? Or does she move all on her own? Is Emily a chain?

Also, I may have missed this when Break was explaining but how do one become a legal contractor?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2009-05-20, 21:14   Link #597
Shiina
ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

The part where Gil attempts to shoot Zwei right before she leaves wasn't in the manga. I'm glad Xebec added it though. The "why doesn't he just shoot again?" cliche was bugging me.

Quote:
And one thing that I keep wondering about...How the hell does Break get Emily to talk? Or does she move all on her own? Is Emily a chain?
He's an expert ventriloquist. :P

Also, looks like the release date for OST1 has been pushed back from June 24 to July 8. Well, I guess it's not TOO long more of a wait...
Shiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 08:45   Link #598
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage
LOL! Those things still remind you of him, doesn't it?
But of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiina View Post

Also, looks like the release date for OST1 has been pushed back from June 24 to July 8. Well, I guess it's not TOO long more of a wait...
*cries* but at least there is a date for it. Im a sucker for music-box style music in anything really.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 10:58   Link #599
Shirachi

Send a message via MSN to Shirachi
Quote:
Also, I may have missed this when Break was explaining but how do one become a legal contractor?
Yet to be revealed, actually. Both in the manga and anime. All we know is that Pandora developed a method to form legal contracts with Chains, with some certain "perks" that the anime will explain soon (hopefully).
Shirachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 13:05   Link #600
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:

Both Sharon and Break remain the same as they were 10 years ago, and there is probably a reason for that but the manga scans haven't reached that point yet. I wonder if they somehow came out of the Abyss or some other time-warped dimension as well?
Actually that part has been explained in the manga, abiet not very clearly. The next anime episode should explain it as well.

Tags
fantasy, shounen