AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-03-30, 10:36   Link #701
Haigon

There are some parts of the Sisters Arc that are very tense. Breaking the continuity with some slice of life would blow up the atmosphere.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 10:51   Link #702
whitecloud

so 24 episode only to end with sister arc? not daihaisei?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 10:58   Link #703
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
There are some parts of the Sisters Arc that are very tense. Breaking the continuity with some slice of life would blow up the atmosphere.
We can already see from the first season how they were able to tell stories that successfully blended all the necessary elements to both create tension and to develop the bonds between the four heroines throughout the narrative. (Both of the main arcs in the first anime had nice drama, tension, and denouement.) They did this both by adapting existing content and working with the original author on new content. I'm sure they'll find a way. And if people really didn't like the way they presented the show in the first season (considering both the part that was adaptation and the part that was semi-original), at least people should already have their expectations in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
so 24 episode only to end with sister arc? not daihaisei?
It hasn't been announced yet what all content will be covered, only that the Sisters Arc will be the main focal point (at least, we presume, of the first half). But anyway, spoilers aren't allowed in this thread so future arcs can't be discussed here.
Old 2013-03-30, 11:05   Link #704
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
We can already see from the first season how they were able to tell stories that successfully blended all the necessary elements to both create tension and to develop the bonds between the four heroines throughout the narrative. (Both of the main arcs in the first anime had nice drama, tension, and denouement.)
For anime only watchers maybe it worked, but in other hand it toned down various scenes and even make others more heroic(see Railgun vs AIM Burst).

Quote:
It hasn't been announced yet what all content will be covered, only that the Sisters Arc will be the main focal point (at least, we presume, of the first half). But anyway, spoilers aren't allowed in this thread so future arcs can't be discussed here.
Zaeraal already posted there will be more original scenes for those side/secondary characters don't have relevance in the original source story, so that is within the expectatives for this new season.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 11:47   Link #705
AdmirerofSatenRuiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouka View Post
yeah they had to squeeze her in the index tan episodes for us fans =D
Her scenes in Index-tan were indeed short, but very impressive~
Spoiler for Saten in Index-tan 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Now that you mention it, I am curious as to why she never wears a skirt (aside to the school uniform).
It's always some nice jeans or shorts, even in the beach episode the swimming club girls commented on it that "Sarong" is used to cover lower half of the body.

( But adding that scene in movie to it, maybe she is really just shy )
I think she just prefers jeans and shorts... and that sarong was really stylish with her white bikini♥
Regarding the movie scene you mentioned, was that when
Spoiler for Index movie content:
?
This was the 1st time I heard and read about it, looks like the movie will bring more eyecandy then expected^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Saten with a skirt? Oh ... we're gonna see it soon enough, when Index movie's BD are out. (advertisement intended)
It's becoming more and more likely that I'll order the BD:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
I agree that breaking the Sisters Arc would be bad. But for me -no offense of course- the Sister Arc is the main thing that's gonna blow up atmosphere, the atmosphere of slice of life and lighter story. An adequate amount of Saten scenes might compensate for the dark parts. High hopes!
AdmirerofSatenRuiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 13:17   Link #706
icebreaker

Edit: My bad. seems like someone already posted this

Haruue Erii seems to have quite a presence.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 17:32   Link #707
Dyingbreath

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Last edited by Dyingbreath; 2013-03-30 at 19:21.
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 19:10   Link #708
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Well, this is a "non-spoiler" thread, and I don't know the manga anyway. But I'm sure they can figure something out as a way of keeping the tension high while also answering the question "what are the other characters doing while this is happening?". In the end, we'll have to wait and see what they do before we can judge whatever results. I'm sure they're quite aware of what's in the manga, anyway, and presumably what a lot of people like about it (which is why they made a big deal about animating this content).

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-03-30 at 19:33.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 19:14   Link #709
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Use the spoiler tags, please .

Last edited by james0246; 2013-03-31 at 11:54.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 19:23   Link #710
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Well, this is a "non-spoiler" thread, and I don't know the manga anyway. But I'm sure they can figure something out as a way of keeping the tension high while also answering the question "what are the other characters doing while this is happening?". In the end, we'll have to wait and see what they do before we can judge whatever results. I'm sure they're quite aware of what's in the manga, anyway, and presumably what a lot of people like about it (which is why they made a big deal about animating this content).
sorry bout that, I tried to keep it not spoiler-y but I fixed it anyway.
But my point still remains that the Sister arc focuses on Misaka to the exclusion of everyone else. But you're right, we'll have to wait and see.
Old 2013-03-30, 19:38   Link #711
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Use the spoiler tags, please .
He edited it, now is your turn
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 20:07   Link #712
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouka View Post
is that nao in this pv?

and all i can say is Saten!!!! <3 she's all mine

and sad face no accelerator in the pv
im a little sad touma only gets into the pv in the end still i mean i know its to pump up for the touma fans and those who like him as well so they can make more profit for people to wanting to watch it more afterall touma had allot of good compliments with the railgun fans since season 1 of railgun made fans happy for touma appearances but i just hope they can give him more screentime and not reduce it again i noticed allot of fans complain about his lack of screen time which was one of the dissapointment to me too in railgun as well but overall this is gonna be a great season but still kinda bit to much filler XD but happy to see saten though.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 20:09   Link #713
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
im a little sad touma only gets into the pv in the end still i mean i know its to pump up for the touma fans and those who like him as well so they can make more profit for people to wanting to watch it more afterall touma had allot of good compliments with the railgun fans since season 1 of railgun made fans happy for touma appearances but i just hope they can give him more screentime and not reduce it again i noticed allot of fans complain about his lack of screen time which was one of the dissapointment to me too in railgun as well but overall this is gonna be a great season but still kinda bit to much filler XD but happy to see saten though.
He has his own series, keep him out of Railgun.
Old 2013-03-30, 20:20   Link #714
mark1246

Quote:
Dyingbreath, the reason why people would like touma in the series is more Misaka x Touma Moments, Yes i agree touma has his own series but the amount of time he see Misaka is very small (Until NT where her role becomes major but that won't happen in the anime for a LONG while)

In the Railgun anime, J.C. staff can make any filler they want, so people are hopping more filler moments with touma and misaka. does that make sense?
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 20:31   Link #715
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
It's impossible to keep him out of the series as Railgun is a side story to Index. It's always inevitable that he will appear or be mentioned at some points. Besides, whenever he appears we get to see a flustered Miko-chan which is what I like to see of her from time to time. I love her Tsundere behavior!
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 20:33   Link #716
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Dyingbreath, the reason why people would like touma in the series is more Misaka x Touma Moments, Yes i agree touma has his own series but the amount of time he see Misaka is very small (Until NT where her role becomes major but that won't happen in the anime for a LONG while)

In the Railgun anime, J.C. staff can make any filler they want, so people are hopping more filler moments with touma and misaka. does that make sense?
That's my point. I don't ship Touma and Misaka so i don't want those moments.
Old 2013-03-30, 20:34   Link #717
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Cool Raildex Fans

In Index: Meh, I prefer Accelerator... Oh it's Mikoto!

In Railgun: Meh, I prefer Saten... Oh it's Touma!

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-03-30 at 21:16.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 21:27   Link #718
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ One can never understand the mind of a fan. Well, I'm an idort, so screw them.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 22:08   Link #719
tsunade666

Quote:
wow, its like what? been years when I read this type of comment reminds me when someone is asking for biribiri in Index S2 and someone said that Misaka has her own series already LOL people
Old 2013-03-30, 22:25   Link #720
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
wow, its like what? been years when I read this type of comment reminds me when someone is asking for biribiri in Index S2 and someone said that Misaka has her own series already LOL people
Thats how you know the new season of Railgun is about to start.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, despair, drama, school life, sci-fi, sequel