AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-04-14, 15:29   Link #21
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Well the gods of manga finally smiled on me as I found Dazzle vol 3 after MONTHS of searching Now I just need to find time to read it XD
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 15:57   Link #22
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Well the gods of manga finally smiled on me as I found Dazzle vol 3 after MONTHS of searching Now I just need to find time to read it XD
Congrats!!

As for me, I took the time to finish reading volume 1 and the introduction to Heat. Quite some significant changes I see (here we go again ^^).

Well the ghost arc before that was pretty much the same as what the anime interpreted (so no need to go into detail there). But they did change how they tortured the evil greedy money hog (I still would have used real explosives ^^). Though I can't remember Alzeid acting like arrogant air at all .

Well for the next arc Heat finally comes to play. And whereas the anime makes it seems like Heat has already joined the duo before that arc, in the manga that certainly wasn't the case. In fact I think it was LKK who told me that they definitely didn't meet beforehand in that arc whilst I was still scratching my head at why Heat seems to have switched sides half way through. Though I do think that it may have been the case that the anime was trying to create a situation where it seems like Heat did betray the others for Soresta (bla bla).

This is because in the anime, the first Rahzel's first kiss was stolen in a totally different way. I probably don't need to point out the obvious seen as these guys here already but for the sake of it I will In the anime, Heat kissed Rahzel in a resturant in front of Alzeid (though I can't remember if Soresta was there too). His line afterwards were something like "sorry Rahzel chan" which to me, indicates that he is sorry about betraying her. This makes me think if the anime is intending that Heat has meet Rahzel before, otherwise there would have been no reason to apologise.

In the manga, he kissed her pretty much right after their introduction. And Heat wasn't the least bit sorry about his actions. I guess, to me he seemed more cruel here then the anime version. And rightly so, I lawled so hard when Rahzel shoots him with a crossbow the next day

The other change was how it was Alzeid who stopped the initial conflict between Rahzel and Soresta the first time they met (not Heat in his silly afro ).

Everything else was pretty much the same, except for how Soresta showed a side to him that he never did in the anime. He actually told Rahzel how he met Alzeid in a fantasy like "prince in white steed" fairy tale. This made him a lighter character than in the anime where all he could think of was hatred.

The notes from Minari Endoh at the end of the volume was pretty interesing to read...she is funny

Oh and the minor bit at the end where Alzeid sleeps in the same bed as Rahzel was sweet :3

But HE is evil! XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 17:31   Link #23
Kaijin
かいじん

Thought I'd pop in and say hello...would love to contribute and add my two cents, but unfortunately I'm poor...not even two cents...cause the manga still hasn't arrived.
I'll just lurk for now.
Old 2008-04-14, 19:29   Link #24
Ookla The Mok

Baroqueheat's introduction is much more interesting in the manga, and he takes a long time to really figure out (if you ever really figure him out). His motivations are hard for the reader to see...the real reason he started hanging around Alzeid isn't revealed until volume 7, and his reasons for hanging around Rahzel change after he's known her for a while.

Razhel's feelings about Baroqueheat also really change as the series progresses. At first, she seriously hates him and wants him gone—and for good reason! I love it when she compares him to a cockroach and offers him the poisoned borax balls.

In the anime, Baroqueheat is already there in the first episode, and the love/hate relationship is just not the same. The development in the manga is much more interesting.
Ookla The Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 22:59   Link #25
yongshun

Baroqueheat's family is hilarious. A brother who treats him like a pet, a sister who loves him but also uses him for experiments.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 05:26   Link #26
mehmeh1068

the manga really is so much better than the anime. i've only read up to volume 2 though. Heat is so much more cruel and funny, and he's so much more of a perv. the first time he sees rhazel, and he kisses her (was it the first time? i don't remember...). i hope there's more about alzeid later, more than what's in the anime at least
mehmeh1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 12:32   Link #27
Ookla The Mok

Sigh... Carlo pretty much eviscerated volume 8 over in the latest RTO column at ANN. Looks like he's just not into the storytelling style.
Old 2008-04-15, 12:48   Link #28
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Dam school is messing with me >_<

I might be able to finish volume 2 tonight if I have the spare time *sigh*

anyways...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok View Post
Razhel's feelings about Baroqueheat also really change as the series progresses. At first, she seriously hates him and wants him gone—and for good reason! I love it when she compares him to a cockroach and offers him the poisoned borax balls.

In the anime, Baroqueheat is already there in the first episode, and the love/hate relationship is just not the same. The development in the manga is much more interesting.
Well, I would guess that Rahzel will soom warm up to Heat like herself in the anime.

But indeed, she really does hate his guts at the moment. I can totally buy the poison thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
Baroqueheat's family is hilarious. A brother who treats him like a pet, a sister who loves him but also uses him for experiments.
That sounds...nice...

Yea...now I feel sorry for him XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-04-15, 13:33   Link #29
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmeh1068 View Post
the manga really is so much better than the anime. i've only read up to volume 2 though. Heat is so much more cruel and funny, and he's so much more of a perv. the first time he sees rhazel, and he kisses her (was it the first time? i don't remember...). i hope there's more about alzeid later, more than what's in the anime at least
Yes, Heat kissed Rahzel the first time he met her. If not the same day, then the next day. I don't remember exactly. But very, very close to their first meeting.

You'll learn more about Alzeid in the manga than in the anime. You'll learn more about all three characters. The revelations come slowly. But they will come. And when the revelations are put together into one big picture, you'll be surprised at the picture shows up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookla The Mok View Post
Sigh... Carlo pretty much eviscerated volume 8 over in the latest RTO column at ANN. Looks like he's just not into the storytelling style.
If it's the same person who reviewed the previous volumes, I'm not surprised. He didn't like those either. As much as I love Dazzle, I'm the first to admit it's not to everyone's tastes. It's not to his tastes, apparently.

(PS: I kept my promise to you about v08.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
That sounds...nice...

Yea...now I feel sorry for him XD
Heat's family is an interesting assortment of people. Very diverse personalities and attitudes towards Heat. You'll see.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 14:07   Link #30
Ookla The Mok

Carlo hated the first volume, but he gave vol. 6 a good grade after reading 2-6 in one sitting (well, vol. 6 may be the best volume, so no shame there). I hoped he would like vol. 8 as well, but...

You're right that this series doesn't cater to his tastes. He tends to like things targeted more toward his demographic (which is my demographic, oddly enough...).
Old 2008-04-18, 11:47   Link #31
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

*Revives* ^^

Well, so I managed to finish volume 2...

Here are some quick thoughts from where I left off.

Yea...it is still a shock to see Soresta being blown up like that, and the following scenes were pretty much the same in the anime except for a major difference. Rahzel's father doesn't show up. So the journey continues and a light intermission scene. Rahzel making poisonus ball lumps and offer it as a treat to Heat, who later uses it to fix the bullet hole in the wall...genius!

It's still surprising to see Rahzel falling ill yet again due to exhaustion. She may be blaming herself for Soresta's death, but overworking really isn't doing herself any good. Some random filler that could have been skipped was done so (thankfully imo as that chapter didn't do much for me besides looking deeper into Rahzel and what makes her tick). This does however, lead to the larawell arc.

And oh do I remember this arc

Again this was adapted into the anime pretty well, just like the scene when Alzeid describes the woman he was looking for (LOL at Rahzel's ":X" face ^^), to the part where she shows herself to be more of an attention seeker than we thought.

But then the changes begun when Alzeid goes to bed (huh?) and Rahzel bumps into mysterious young boy. So this was the meeting LKK was talking about. He may seem harmless but poking a girl's chest isn't the act of a harmless person. Not to mention his words at the end. *shivers*

Rahzel getting pissed of by Heat yet again and Heat getting Alzeid's gun jammed into his mouth "haha" ~ Oh and something extra special...Alzied gets a hair change from yours truely

The anime then comes back with the bullying of Larawell, though this time it was only one brat, and Heat does manage to play football with him

The anime actually showed more of the kid and his father than what the manga did interestingly enough. But I would have preferred if they just put more jokes in instead

Larawell's father killing himself was...ewww.

The comes Larawell's own demise. The manga actually did better than the anime in expressing Rahzel's feelings upon seeing her die. Man, it hit my heart like a rock ;__;

Well all in all a nice end and the adventure goes on...

Old 2008-04-18, 12:07   Link #32
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:

Larawell's father killing himself was...ewww.

The comes Larawell's own demise. The manga actually did better than the anime in expressing Rahzel's feelings upon seeing her die. Man, it hit my heart like a rock ;__;
When I orginally read that part in the manga I was freaking shocked. I dont rememeber where I posted it might have been on TP's forum but I was like...wtf!! Raz's post death reaction was the same as mine pretty much.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-18, 12:53   Link #33
LKK

Quote:
But then the changes begun when Alzeid goes to bed (huh?) and Rahzel bumps into mysterious young boy. So this was the meeting LKK was talking about. He may seem harmless but poking a girl's chest isn't the act of a harmless person. Not to mention his words at the end. *shivers*
Since you didn't mention it, I'll point it out just in case. I think there's a lot to be speculated on from Alzeid's encounter with the mysterious young man as well. The encounter is broken into two parts. The first part is a real time encounter. The second part which is more significant in my opinion is when Alzeid is remembering the full encounter. If you don't remember that meeting, I'd recommend rereading it.

Volume 02 with all its deaths was when it became obvious that Dazzle wasn't going to be solely a comic romp adventure story.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-04-18, 13:03   Link #34
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Oh I do remember that but for some reason I left it out O.O

Yea, the so called "criminal gene theory" ~ I don't know if it happened to you when you first read up to that part, but I am still horribly confused at why he said such a thing, and ofc the meaning behind it. At face value it looks like he is telling him about Larawell's mindset, but I also think it has something to do with Alzeid directly.

Old 2008-04-18, 13:22   Link #35
LKK

Believe me, I didn't understand the criminal gene theory discussion the first time around either. Not for several volumes into the series actually. I forgot about it for a while to be honest. On a reread, I filed it in the category of so strange that it had to be significant in some way later on. Later on, I realized its significance.

Here's a trick that took me a while to figure out. If you come across something that's so strange -- even if it's a teeny tiny minor thing -- file it away for possible significance later on. Because the odds are, it will have significance later on. Not all things will. But the majority of them have played a part farther down the road.

Old 2008-04-18, 15:56   Link #36
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Me thinks I need to reread vol 1 and 2 again Anyhoo Im about 20 pages into vol 3 at the moment and I just had to quote this line here...

Raz: Its such a bother that if we're in a jam like that you should both die, okay? I figured whichever of you I ditched would en up haunting me. Though anyways its probably impossible to save either of you since I dont seem to be able to swim.

Alzeid: Then YOU die! ~kicks her into water~

One other thing...Sensei if you would have told me Alzeid was shirtless on the cover, I probably would have made a better attempt to find it sooner

~goes back to reading~
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-19, 11:44   Link #37
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Not for several volumes into the series actually.
That doesn't sound nice

Well I'll start to make mental and paper notes for the minor stuff. It is interesting to see how stuff connect.

And in my free time I read the first chapter of volume 3.

So this is the filler arc with the stuck up woman and her grandfather's treasure. Not much change here besides the start and that the anime added a few new scenes. The message that Rahzel cares about her friends is still intact.

Yes, WMB captured a golden scene XD

But I still find the thought that Rahzel will jump into the water with them so that they have to save her and themselves, cute. Not to mention being a perfect answer to avoid being hated by either of them

Old 2008-04-19, 12:07   Link #38
LKK

Quote:
But I still find the thought that Rahzel will jump into the water with them so that they have to save her and themselves, cute. Not to mention being a perfect answer to avoid being hated by either of them
Rahzel's answer is a very clever answer to what is one of the great ethical dilemmas that hopefully no one ever has to face. Unfortunately her answer really only works because she's in a position to change the situation. If you can't change the situation, the answer is far more difficult.

Old 2008-04-19, 14:28   Link #39
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oh snap vol 3 was good!! I like Jelice has nothing to do with my weakness for priests who wear glasses though he confuses me alittle I hate that fact that theyre dropping hint about Raz's past w/o explanation and the fact that Heat evesdropped on a conv and it wasnt explained! (at least I dont think it was explained). Also I like how vol 3 was kinda told from Alzeid's POV, I dont remember that from 1 or 2. Heat putting in the "thought" boxes was funny.

Side note about the overall feeling I like that the characters almost know their in a story. Heat playing with the "thought" boxes and theres a couple other refs to them knowing their in a manga, I like that, that one of the reasons I like Gintama though its more obvious in that series.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-19, 15:20   Link #40
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Got them up to vol 8.
No publisher for Dazzle in France so it's the Tokoypop version for now

Spoiler for For those who are up to vol 8+:
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, shoujo