3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-22, 20:04   Link #181
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I really liked Eren as a main character, which is very rare for me as I tend to dislike main characters for exactly the same things Eren went through in this episode. His hesitation was very out of place since his only on-screen interaction with Annie was getting his ass kicked by her briefly. Does he have romantic feelings for her? I never would've guessed it from what's been shown so far.
As I said before in this thread, I blame your reaction on them cutting out/skipping certain scenes from the manga AND dragging out Eren's moment of heistation here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Annie has no problem showing all those soldiers absolutely no mercy. She brutally murdered the Levi squad without a second thought + dozens of recon corps soldiers, and she can sleep peacefully afterwards... This makes her reaction face to Armin and sparing Mikasa all the more puzzling. The former is clearly Recon Corps command material, Erwin's natural replacement if you ask me, and the latter has the potential to be just as good, if not better than Levi. Killing them would make her job a lot easier, yet she doesn't. If Annie is a psychopath as her behavior would suggest, why is she showing sings that she perhaps genuinely cares about some of her comrades? I don't really understand what the writers are going for here with her character.
I partly agree, but... I'd still say that it's one thing to kill people you don't know anything about (and who are likewise trying to kill you) and an entirely different thing to kill people whose company you've shared (and Annie kept her distance from other people for the most part anyway) for the last few years. I agree that she confuses me at times though; apparently Isayama wants her to be seen in a sympathetic light, but she's so ruthless (not to mention the few times she's actually sadistic) that it becomes hard to see her like that. And her smile (laugh in the anime) didn't help much... -_-. And yet, there's moments like when she spares Armin...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 20:21   Link #182
kitten320

Well considering that she is a spy and knew from the start that she most likely would end up fighting her squad mates, it is not surprising that she tried to keep her distance to avoid any attachment.

Though she clearly failed there.
Old 2013-09-22, 20:24   Link #183
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Well considering that she is a spy and knew from the start that she most likely would end up fighting her squad mates, it is not surprising that she tried to keep her distance to avoid any attachment.

Though she clearly failed there.
Well, gotta be some reason she calls herself a failure as a warrior, don't you think?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 20:30   Link #184
kitten320

Lol might be.
Old 2013-09-22, 21:28   Link #185
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

SMH at the day when Armin is willing to throw down before Eren.

Hanji is the most badass character, I love her!!

And it looks like the staff spent all their money last week on animating Levi slicing up Annie. XD Too bad because this episode looks like it could have had some really great animation. T^T
Old 2013-09-22, 21:34   Link #186
BatouFTW

My favorite nameless minor character is the guy who is Hanji's "minder" and is constantly warning her that she's over the edge... and being totally ignored. I grin like a loon at all his scenes. She is a serious creeper, I wouldn't want his job.
BatouFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 22:11   Link #187
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
Mikasa will never surpass Levi. How did you know she's better than Levi was at 15? Mikasa is one of the best in history, true, but she's not the best ever.
Well unless Levi had plenty of opportunity to use maneuver gear during his years as a famous thug, I'd say Mikasa has a pretty hefty head start.

And considering the genre of this anime, you'll be in for a nasty surprise if you don't think the new generation will surpass the old. You know what they say.. never say never.
Old 2013-09-22, 22:29   Link #188
Destined_Fate

Hmm... Was Annie actually scared? Seemed like she freaked out when she was trapped and ran as fast as she could when she was free.

Eh? Mikasa never surpass Levi? She's not that far behind him as is and he's far more experienced than her. Give her time and she'll make even Levi look like an amateur. Her super human strength and natural skill/talent that's tempered by her dedication means that she will one day be the greatest there ever as.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 22:36   Link #189
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Hmm... Was Annie actually scared? Seemed like she freaked out when she was trapped and ran as fast as she could when she was free.

Eh? Mikasa never surpass Levi? She's not that far behind him as is and he's far more experienced than her. Give her time and she'll make even Levi look like an amateur. Her super human strength and natural skill/talent that's tempered by her dedication means that she will one day be the greatest there ever as.
Not that far behind him? What are you talking about? Maybe Mikasa at the end of series will reach Levi's level. Levi is called humanities strongest for a reason. And I'm pretty sure it'll be staying that way. "Give her time and she'll make even Levi look like an amateur", when you say something like this I can't take you seriously at all...
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 22:50   Link #190
Destined_Fate

I know what I'm talking about. The things Mikasa can do with far less experienced and training compared to Levi is amazing. Than there's her super human strength as well. Levi only tops her in skill, talent/strength/dedication are what she has over Levi and with time she will surpass Levi in even Skill as she has all those other factors working for her that Levi doesn't.

Hell, it takes a lot of effort for Levi to even show like he's actually trying at something while Mikasa always gives her all in any task and always returns stronger and better due to it.

Fact of the matter is that Mikasa is a type of person that only shows up Once in a thousand years type of deal. Levi has reached his peak as has Erwin, Mikasa hasn't even begun to climb yet.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 23:09   Link #191
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I know what I'm talking about. The things Mikasa can do with far less experienced and training compared to Levi is amazing. Than there's her super human strength as well. Levi only tops her in skill, talent/strength/dedication are what she has over Levi and with time she will surpass Levi in even Skill as she has all those other factors working for her that Levi doesn't.

Hell, it takes a lot of effort for Levi to even show like he's actually trying at something while Mikasa always gives her all in any task and always returns stronger and better due to it.

Fact of the matter is that Mikasa is a type of person that only shows up Once in a thousand years type of deal. Levi has reached his peak as has Erwin, Mikasa hasn't even begun to climb yet.
Yes Mikasa does have a lot of potential. But the I way I see it you underestimate Levi greatly. How could you surpass Levi in skill? If you look at his battle skill it's 10+ meaning he's pretty much at the maximum you can be at when it comes to skill. It's been told that Levi is the best at using the 3D maneuver gear already. Don't think it's possible to get any better than that when it comes to skill. Another thing that makes him superior is that he doesn't let emotions get in the way of battle.

"Mikasa is a type of person that only shows up once in a thousand years type of deal". Yeah I can agree with that but the way you say it makes it look like Levi is nothing special and there are many others like him. Even though it's clear that as of now he is humanities strongest.

For all we know Levi was a beast ever since the start. There is a manga coming out soon revolving around Levi and Erwin's past.

Also this "He is also said to be as valuable as an entire brigade, far outweighing all of the other soldiers. He is said to have been extremely strong even before joining the Scouting Legion".
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 00:15   Link #192
Mouretsu
Behemoth Tactical Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
Mikasa's always been overpowered
Misaka is third strongest. No idea why people keep saying "overpowered" when clearly she's got talent. Jean's better than her by using his 3D maneuver equipment but he's not as smart and as quick at action - most probably because she can calculate shit quickly in her brain and waste more gas to speed her way through. Hint why Annie wasn't able to catch her easily.

--

This episode was full of awesomeness. There were no fillers and it was as amazing as the manga! Freaking awesome, love it. Looking forward to the last episode of S1.
Mouretsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 00:33   Link #193
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

How do you know that Levi doesn't have perfect body control like Mikasa? I wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed that Levi, like Mikasa, has that abnormal superhuman/peak control over his body.

I don't know if it is just stylized but his movement is insane and way above Mikasa's. I don't think you can take that "once in a thousand years" to heart. It's giving her the highest praise but there's no way that it is supposed to be taken literally.

I wouldn't be to surprised IF Mikasa was considered second to Levi in terms of overall combat capability but I don't think it is close. Mikasa is hyped up in the story but not to the extent that Levi is heralded.

Personally, I think the Levi and Mikasa dynamic (being worlds above their respective class) is just a setup to kill off one of them to bring humanity to a new low and show just how grim things look. I actually thought Mikasa might bite it in this episode after she turned around to give her cruelty speech in the tunnel to Eren. I don't know, it just felt like she was going to die and that might trigger Eren's transformation. Good thing it didn;t!

But i think it is more likely that they will kill Levi off since they are emphasizing his injury and the fact that he IS humanities strongest, leaving Mikasa to fill the void. But I don't think she will ever be as good as him (that's just too convenient).
Old 2013-09-23, 00:36   Link #194
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouretsu View Post

This episode was full of awesomeness. There were no fillers and it was as amazing as the manga! Freaking awesome, love it. Looking forward to the last episode of S1.
Did Isayama blog he was involved cause half of this wasn't even in the Manga.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 01:23   Link #195
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
You asked.

the only complaint i have is that the text is the same colour for the both of them, would have been better if you changed it for when eren talked.
otherwise, this is hilarous. i wonder if there is any crossover for mirai nikki (though i HATE yandere's)
Old 2013-09-23, 01:25   Link #196
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Yep, I was tired of the waiting so I read the manga. Then when I saw the episode I was quite surprised by the additions and changes the anime staff made.
Old 2013-09-23, 01:27   Link #197
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermegasonic View Post
the only complaint i have is that the text is the same colour for the both of them, would have been better if you changed it for when eren talked.
otherwise, this is hilarous. i wonder if there is any crossover for mirai nikki (though i HATE yandere's)
I didn't it.
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 02:24   Link #198
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

One more episode!

Goddamnit those angel rings.
Old 2013-09-23, 04:26   Link #199
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
After one year, it'll be forgotten.... Ehehehehehe
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 06:37   Link #200
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
Apparently to some people something qualifies as filler only if they think it isn't good.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote