Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-18, 23:58   Link #361
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
There's a difference between the technology level and the actual skill of the animation. Staying on-model, animating movements fluidly and realistically, framing a scene right, lighting, pacing, etc... sure it's now possible to have sharper lines, brighter colors, higher framerate, but the only real change to the essential art of animation that I can see is the advent of 3-D modelling technology. It still takes the same skills to make still pictures move.

... and seeing as this is my first post in the topic. Definitely my over-the-top manly fix of the season, loads of fun to watch. Style shift for the battle did feel a bit out of place, but I still enjoyed it.

So yeah. I like this show. =)
Well, if you don't view the ability to create animation with 'sharper lines, brighter colors, and higher framerate' as skills, then i guess you're right.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 00:20   Link #362
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
Well, if you don't view the ability to create animation with 'sharper lines, brighter colors, and higher framerate' as skills, then i guess you're right.
They aren't. They're what's limited by technology/budget. By analogy, you give a good artist a crayon and a paper towel and they can still draw something great, but give somebody completely unskilled all the technology we have at our disposal today, and what they produce may be shiny, but it'll still be amateurish.
Old 2009-04-19, 11:00   Link #363
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
They aren't. They're what's limited by technology/budget. By analogy, you give a good artist a crayon and a paper towel and they can still draw something great, but give somebody completely unskilled all the technology we have at our disposal today, and what they produce may be shiny, but it'll still be amateurish.
Um, the software doesn't work by itself. The animators must learn how to use it and use it well in order to get those beautiful crisp graphics. By definition, it is a skill.

And by that analogy, even if the animator is the best drawing artist in the world, I would still hate to see an animation of sketch pictures. A great animation, in my view, must have both the technology and the artistic skills. There is no one or the other.
Old 2009-04-19, 11:23   Link #364
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Um, the software doesn't work by itself. The animators must learn how to use it and use it well in order to get those beautiful crisp graphics. By definition, it is a skill.

And by that analogy, even if the animator is the best drawing artist in the world, I would still hate to see an animation of sketch pictures. A great animation, in my view, must have both the technology and the artistic skills. There is no one or the other.
...Meh.

You know there can be different animation styles right? And something completely rough and 'sketchy' can be miles above in quality than 'beautiful crisp graphics'.

And the only time I've seen crisp graphics and heavy animation is in movies, or the one episode that costs a show its entire budget. Yes *Budget*. These aren't made for free understand? Every part of the crew needs their pay. And often multiple teams are working on the same show. Not to mention all the other costs. Crisp graphics demands time that is not always available.

I've seen this argument everywhere the 'rough' style is used.
Old 2009-04-19, 11:26   Link #365
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Anyone can create art. But to create a piece of art that expresses itself well takes skill.

For the art to be appreciated, its up to the audience. The artist can choose to express it anyway he likes, but the audience will not always be able to appreciate. The common saying, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

There is also no one factor that determines whether the animation is good or not. There is only what the audience likes.

This anime actually has great animation and most of us agrees. What you don't like is the style. The sketchy style is actually a very popular and well loved style and technique that enhances the speed of actions. To do the sketchy animation itself is a skill, its just that you don't appreciate this style.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 11:34   Link #366
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

To each of his own, is what I can say on this matter. One can't say that it's poor quality just because he doesn't like the style.
Old 2009-04-19, 12:01   Link #367
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Holy crap, Im 9 mins into epi 1 and totally lovely this anime. Gah gimme feudal Japan historical based anime with a badass lead and great seiyuu cast and Im sold
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 12:46   Link #368
MafiaSoldier
Member of the Anime Mafia

Quote:
Ep 2 is great, not as good as ep 1 tho cause I found the Date-Yukimura duel to be frikkin' horrible. The animation studio did a really poor job in my opinion.

Kasuga gives some excellent fanservice and Shingen was just badass. Can't wait for the next ep, hoping for an impressive battle with Nobunaga and his minions.
The fight was good, but I felt the weird animation that they would switch to when the characters faces were prevalant was just plain cheesy. They should have focused on the fight and the standard series animation instead of the weird switchover.....
MafiaSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 17:56   Link #369
General_Asakura
Random Lazy Dude

anyone know when the OST is coming out if there is one coming? Absolutely love the music in this anime
Old 2009-04-19, 18:02   Link #370
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Asakura View Post
anyone know when the OST is coming out if there is one coming? Absolutely love the music in this anime
Two soundtracks are being released. The release date for both is the 10th of June.
Old 2009-04-19, 19:05   Link #371
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
...Meh.

You know there can be different animation styles right? And something completely rough and 'sketchy' can be miles above in quality than 'beautiful crisp graphics'.

And the only time I've seen crisp graphics and heavy animation is in movies, or the one episode that costs a show its entire budget. Yes *Budget*. These aren't made for free understand? Every part of the crew needs their pay. And often multiple teams are working on the same show. Not to mention all the other costs. Crisp graphics demands time that is not always available.

I've seen this argument everywhere the 'rough' style is used.
So? It's not like they're distributing the show for free either. They would earn some from the broadcasting tv station and the thousands of dvds they gonna sell later on. Not to mention the action figures and stuff like that. The keyword is management, something that shouldn't be a problem for professionals in any field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
To each of his own, is what I can say on this matter. One can't say that it's poor quality just because he doesn't like the style.
Whether it's style, technique, method, whatever, I call it as whatever I think of it. At the end it's just opinion.
Old 2009-04-19, 19:10   Link #372
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

WOW... This show is like DBZ meets Naruto to me. Wild and very interesting
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 18:56   Link #373
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Just watched ep 3 subbed. Made a little more sense, though still a little confused about Maeda and Matsu. (related/not)
Old 2009-04-21, 00:30   Link #374
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Matsu is the wife of Maeda Toshiie. Also, it should be noted that she was famous for her own abilities.
Old 2009-04-21, 09:19   Link #375
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Ah, I got the guys mixed up for a moment Cheers.
Old 2009-04-21, 09:48   Link #376
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Loved epi 2, wow that fight was awesome. I love the dark haired girl with the gun! Getting epi 3 right now, I have a feeling Im gonna have a bit of trouble keeping track of all the names and the titles in this
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-04-21, 10:11   Link #377
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 3 was a slow down from the first 2 after non stop action. But i think the slow down was nice and the humor added over all enjoyment of the series. I am never tired of seeing Masamune Date chopper like reigns on his horse i die laughing everytime i see it.

I wondering what battle they are going to end the series on. It would nice if they decided the final two episodes would be the Battle of Sekigahara when the Eastern and Western armies meet for a very bloody battle and pretty much the end of the warning states period in Japan.

The Maeda family is very cool and very well known for their actions in this time period. I dont care if the series is not historically accurate its very fun to watch as it is.

I actually dont mind the art style it is what it is its not ruining the series for me and thats whats important for me.

Next very famous and ver idealistic hero appears it should be quite interesting.

Right now im waiting on the appearance of these characters but i dont know if they will appear or not.

Tokugawa Ieyasu (yes)
Tadakatsu Honda (yes)

Ishida Mitsunari (if he appears)
Kanetsugu Naoe (yes)

Sakon Shima (if he appears)

Nagamasa Azai (yes)

A couple of more i cant think of right now.

White Manju Bun thats Nouhime your talking about and shes as dark as Nobunaga and pretty HAWT too lol
Old 2009-04-21, 10:17   Link #378
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
White Manju Bun thats Nouhime your talking about and shes as dark as Nobunaga and pretty HAWT too lol
Thanks I wasnt sure of her name and she is hawt!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-04-21, 10:32   Link #379
SageGaiGar
You are Next

She looks like crap in the OP but when she's intro'ed in EP 2 Oh yeah!
Old 2009-04-21, 11:48   Link #380
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Matsu is also sister of Nobunaga. If I am not mistaken.

Tags
samurai