AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 30 16.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 25.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 23.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 32 17.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 8.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 4.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 2.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.56%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-23, 05:42   Link #121
Auria

Maria's expressions made me lol

The remixed system0 was worse than the scene without music would be. Unremixed nighteyes in the second Eva vs Natsuhi scene would be better (Tested it, if the scene had been a bit longer so the song won't have to stop suddenly it comes out really good imo).

They let Jessica cough just like that, like nooo reactions from the others (except Nanjo) lol, but we had the missing reactions far too often (omg a gun, omg this and this, but no reactions at all).

I feel like the animation was slightly better than the other episodes, though I don't think they save money for later scenes.. look at 07-Ghost or Hetalia, 07(th EXPANSION OMG) had quiet good animation in the beginning (dropped it after the second episode), only a few stiff movements in action scenes, Hetalia hat a total different style but was executed quite well imo. Better than Umineko anyway.

Props to Ken'ichi Suzumura, his scream was heartbreaking, though I still can't stop imagining Mikiya along with the voice sometimes, heck with the 'slim George design' he even looks a bit like Mikya.. ^^"

This episode gets a 6 from me, for me as an VN player a few things are really likeable, others less. Still waiting for the opinion of a friend of mine who is an anime-only watcher and reaaally liked Umineko so far, he expected it to be a stupid copy of Higurashi but the first episodes convinced him otherwise, and he don't even tries to compare these two, which is a good thing imo, since they are very different and if you want another Higurashi, you won't be satisfied.

@Umineko
If you hadn't spoiled yourself you'd probably feel more suspense concerning "What's up with this witches" and it's not like I haven't told you like ten times that a english translation exists and I even linked you the free demo at the website a few times Furthermore I recommend to rewatch the episode with subs.
Old 2009-07-23, 06:20   Link #122
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

For those who feel quite strongly against issues the anime adaptation has been having, then I'd recommend dropping out of the game at this stage. The anime has its share of flaws, that's correct. While posters have the liberty of exercising their rights to post their own opinions on the issue, both good and bad, the same complaints have been raised over and over in the last four episode threads, and it's unlikely the direction the anime is taking would appease the Rage from the novel readers anytime soon. Why watch it if you decide it's already a waste of time?
Old 2009-07-23, 09:04   Link #123
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
For those who feel quite strongly against issues the anime adaptation has been having, then I'd recommend dropping out of the game at this stage. The anime has its share of flaws, that's correct. While posters have the liberty of exercising their rights to post their own opinions on the issue, both good and bad, the same complaints have been raised over and over in the last four episode threads, and it's unlikely the direction the anime is taking would appease the Rage from the novel readers anytime soon. Why watch it if you decide it's already a waste of time?
Because they're not giving it 1s and 2s overall. We've already seen the "perfect/original" material, so we're more perceptable to what's different and what we think is "wrong" or "misportrayed" in the anime adaptation. We obviously don't think it's a waste of time, or we wouldn't be watching it. I've largely been in support of the adaptation even having read the VNs, though. Some complaints that other people have about the show don't phase me all that much. Regardless, anyone who wants to (be they VN readers, new the franchise, skeptics, or supporters) can post in this thread.

If you don't like a negative post, skip over it. Recommending that people who criticize the show should just stop watching isn't very productive towards the discussion of the episode.
Old 2009-07-23, 10:00   Link #124
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

For some reason this episode didn't impress me as the previous, however it did include many important things relevant for the plot. Maria is really amusing in this episode, I particularly liked how Battler punched her head, that sounded even harsher than in the novel.

Oh BTW if someone still had a doubt about Kanon being Lelouch, now that he said himself that he is "zero", there shouldn't be any left XD

Old 2009-07-23, 10:51   Link #125
typhonsentra

I'm confused about something in this episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-23, 10:56   Link #126
Wafflemania
It's a Devil's Proof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

Oh BTW if someone still had a doubt about Kanon being Lelouch, now that he said himself that he is "zero", there shouldn't be any left XD
i remember watchng that and going OMG! Marion was right! XDDD
Old 2009-07-23, 10:58   Link #127
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post

Spoiler:
Nope! It may have been the end of that particular volume in the manga, though?
Old 2009-07-23, 10:59   Link #128
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I know I will be get shouted at but...
Except for that little flash picture Kanon didn't looked like Leleouch at all...and in that flash picture he was just a bit similar if you really wanted it....
Maybe I just don't have a good imagination

@typhonsentra
That scene in the manga wasn't the last chapter
Old 2009-07-23, 11:34   Link #129
BakaOnna

Good episode except for a two things that really bugged me.

I really found it weird how nobody except for Nanjo did anything to help Jessica when she was coughing like crazy. That part made no sense and just made me go 'wtf?'. Seriously.

The second, I wish the anime kept that one line from Natsuhi when she saw George mourning over his mother's death. About how she'll protect all the children. And Battler's mourning as well.

Other than that, the episode wasn't too bad. Meant to give it a 7/10 but chose the wrong option.
Old 2009-07-23, 12:02   Link #130
Rasuberi
Give me things to draw!!!

Send a message via AIM to Rasuberi
This episode wasn't too bad, I loved the Maria singing scene though I wish they had executed it as it apparently appears in the game. I'm going to install episode 1 tonight... I figure I'll read each episode after the anime airs so I don't get too disappointed but still know what's going on. XD

And this is completely random, but last night I went to my local grocery store and the two people who helped me at the cashier were named Beatrice and Sabrina... and just found that funny/weird.

Old 2009-07-23, 12:45   Link #131
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well this situation just keeps getting more messy as time goes on. Personally all for Battler giving Maria a few more knocks to the head. At this point I don't think it can mess her up any more than she already is. With all of the creepy laughing whlie family members are dropping left and right I'd expect someone to get really upset with her.

Still trying to put together everything that is going on. Is Beatrice summoning stakes out of thin air to chuck at people?

Do wonder if there is no chance someone else is on that island. I mean could someone have snuck onto the boat they took there or taken their own boat and secretly landed on the island? Sure an island should be pretty isolated, but there should be possibilities of other people. Plus just wonder about Maria's role in all of this. Is the girl just un-hinged? Has she actually participated in some degree to the acts? I mean most of the injuries at the end were pretty low on the body so it shoudl have been somewhere Maria could reach. Obviously will have to wait until the next episode for some more information there. Facing the wall could mean she was asked to look away while 'someone' committed the deed.

Give some credit to Kanon's last stand. At least the guy tried to make something happen. Though would killing himself instead of being killed by another have changed anything? Anyways feelings going in various directions while wondering about how Kanon felt toward Shannon. Either way both are dead so may not matter that much at this moment.
Old 2009-07-23, 12:52   Link #132
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I'd expect someone to get really upset with her.
Actually there was someone upset with her and wanted to hurt her.
Jessica attacked her after she reached the total breaking point after Kanon's death. Maria "tried" to consule her that she would meet Kanon in the "Golden Land" and that's why she shouldn't be sad. Jessica totally snaped, got her by the collar and shouted at her. Genji had to hold her back and Natsuhi then slapped her so she would calm down. (btw she also blamed Kumasawa and wasn't really firendly to the servants after Kanon's death ^^;; she wanted them all to leave the study as well)
George wasn't really angry but not exactly nice to her and Natsuhi scoled Maria as well with her famous cold stare of death.

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-07-23 at 13:11.
Old 2009-07-23, 13:03   Link #133
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post

I really found it weird how nobody except for Nanjo did anything to help Jessica when she was coughing like crazy. That part made no sense and just made me go 'wtf?'. Seriously.
I was thinking the same thing Noooo Kanon T_T

Interesting that Battler brought up the idea that one of the first six is the actual killer since thats the basis in Agatha Cristie's And Then There Were None novel. Umineko definitely has the same kinda idea. No telling if Battler is right or not but I wasnt surprised when he said that.

Marie is creepy o_o
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2009-07-23, 13:51   Link #134
Yami Sonozaki
Shion's follower xD

Send a message via MSN to Yami Sonozaki Send a message via Yahoo to Yami Sonozaki
I liked Maria a little better in this episode xd.
And I'm so happy Battler hit her on the head a few times. At last someone found her creepy and acting weird.
Other than that, poor George :<
Old 2009-07-23, 13:56   Link #135
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

I think Maria deserved more spanking meaning I would've liked to see the scene with jessica angry at her *sigh* oh well still liked the episode anyway...

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-07-23 at 14:46. Reason: interview topic moved elsewhere
Old 2009-07-23, 14:26   Link #136
Umineko
Omochikaeri!

Okay, watched it again with subs, after several people told me it would be better. Would give it a 5 or 6 out of 10 now.

Really want to watch next week's episode. And about downloading the Novel, thing is.. there's this Japanese page where one can download it, but I don't find my way through it ~.~ don't know where to klick and all =/
Old 2009-07-23, 15:05   Link #137
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post

Spoiler:
The Episode 1 manga isn't finished yet. The anime just catched up with the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umineko View Post
And about downloading the Novel, thing is.. there's this Japanese page where one can download it, but I don't find my way through it ~.~ don't know where to klick and all =/
You have to choose one of the mirrors at the bottom of the page (the left column). You can't pick mirror 0-6 though.
Old 2009-07-23, 15:05   Link #138
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
And about downloading the Novel...
It's really not rocket science.... :/
Spoiler for installing the Umineko demo step by step guide:

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-07-23 at 15:21.
Old 2009-07-23, 15:29   Link #139
Starlight

I liked this episode, but I hated that Kanon had to die. T_T
Yeah, and as per usual Maria pissed me off.

8/10
Old 2009-07-23, 15:35   Link #140
Alaya
Counter Force

Maria really earns everyone favorite character position here :P. Everyone seems to remember her name really well (compare to many of other casts.)

Skim through it a bit. Will give my thought tomorrow (as right now it 3 AM for me T T).

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Closed Thread