Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-16, 16:26   Link #101
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Tch! I despair in the society that is too careful!

Guess what happened to episode 3?

Spoiler for what happened:
Considering how strict the gun-rule is in Japan,
Spoiler for episode 3 preview-related:
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 19:05   Link #102
TigerII
Pilot in Training

WTF at the first episode! No explanation, nothing. Just stab, then swing, then credits.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 19:35   Link #103
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
WTF at the first episode! No explanation, nothing. Just stab, then swing, then credits.
At a guess, what Fumika "saw" when she found that bed in the abandoned building involved some manner of sexual abuse from Asuna's father, which is why Asuna killed him. Got nothing on the killing Shouta bit, but she's probably a bit unhinged these days, so it may not have a logical reason.

Conclusion after one episode: Interesting. Hopefully though it won't turn into a Jigoku Shoujo type series. A couple of times is ok, but surely not every shigofumi will result in murder and people going nuts.

Last edited by Random Wanderer; 2008-01-16 at 19:49.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 19:50   Link #104
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Got nothing on the killing Shouta bit, but she's probably a bit unhinged these days, so it may not have a logical reason.
She probably inferred from Shota's comment that he knew about her father's death...
"yaru" in its hiragana form = to do
"yaru" in its unofficial/slang use kanji form = to kill

My guess is she heard it as the latter and opted to try to remove someone with knowledge of her murder.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 20:17   Link #105
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
i dont think psychos need a reason to kill......but since it is a story we are entitle to some meaning behind it
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 22:47   Link #106
MarcusG
Remember Law of Ueki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
At a guess, what Fumika "saw" when she found that bed in the abandoned building involved some manner of sexual abuse from Asuna's father, which is why Asuna killed him. Got nothing on the killing Shouta bit, but she's probably a bit unhinged these days, so it may not have a logical reason.

Conclusion after one episode: Interesting. Hopefully though it won't turn into a Jigoku Shoujo type series. A couple of times is ok, but surely not every shigofumi will result in murder and people going nuts.
I came to the same conclusion after thinking about the first episode. I wish there was at least a small explanation to confirm it. I knew something like this was going to happen just by listening to the music in this episode, it felt like I was watching school days.
MarcusG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 22:54   Link #107
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusG View Post
I came to the same conclusion after thinking about the first episode. I wish there was at least a small explanation to confirm it. I knew something like this was going to happen just by listening to the music in this episode, it felt like I was watching school days.
Whatever you feel like at the moment, please defer your judgement until after episode two. Episode two is where things turn highly "enjoyable." At least you won't be left feeling WTF.
Old 2008-01-16, 23:05   Link #108
JediNight
キズランダム

V2 of the H264 version will be coming in the morning when its done encoding. I did a TL check and we had a final edit on the script plus ED karaoke added, so the awkward sentences are cleaned up. Xvid avi tomorrow night some time, and I'll run a direct download for H264 ep1 from my Dreamhost account for awhile as well -- just would appreciate if people helped seed the torrent after that
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 23:17   Link #109
Falkor

I was waiting for somebody to sub this show before checking the raw and it seemed worthwhile.
My reaction towards the end was holy s**t. It was really unexpected and it threw me off guard completely. It was built slowly and carefully trying to deceive me into the wrong direction just before the little twist came in and everything became clear—especially the purpose of the letter. I like the mystery surrounding this show and I hope this is kept up for the rest of its run. I’m hooked now and I cannot wait to see how this turns out to be the next episode.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 00:14   Link #110
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well if I can't get my hearts wish of more Shinigami no Ballad I guess this looks to be a fine replacement after watching the first episode...

Great build-up throughout and one heck of a twist ending. Soooo glad I decided to check this out on a whim.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 00:45   Link #111
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Wow, what the heck did I just watch?
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 02:56   Link #112
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusG View Post
Seriously you can't compare this serious to SD now matter what I bet the thought of it wouldn't even have come to mind if it was the other way round.

Anyway, this isn't a single ep arc so the explination comes in ep 2 - just bite your fingernails until the next ep is subbed

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 04:36   Link #113
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Well, the similarities is that the school girl almost totally unexpectedly killed a prospective boyfriend. Actually, the circumstance by that alone is exactly the same as School Days (let's not get touchy about it here, heh)

I thought the first ep was good, especially how they balanced the light hearted stuff with the dark. I think the sexual abuse thing was a bit too overblown to the point of silliness though. Seemed more exploitive than anything. I hope the next episodes aren't all like that, though it definitely could be (especially reading speculation for future eps..).

Also a wild change of pace for JC Staff/Genco after doing Sky Girls. And I see some Xebec and Shaft involvement so the budget must have been huge after the Sky Girls effort.

So yes. AMAZING quality leap from earlier projects, exploitive death scenarios. Pretty nifty, though I'm seeing murder every other day in anime nowadays. It's almost a cliche. heh

Last edited by SuperKnuckles; 2008-01-17 at 04:54.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 08:25   Link #114
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Well, the similarities is that the school girl almost totally unexpectedly killed a prospective boyfriend. Actually, the circumstance by that alone is exactly the same as School Days (let's not get touchy about it here, heh)
One could argue that there was nothing unexpected in the School Days scenario... we had an entire season to build up to it, after all. So they are nothing alike.
Old 2008-01-17, 08:34   Link #115
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Just watched ep.1-2, it seems like a great series.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 08:57   Link #116
JediNight
キズランダム

Burned the midnight oil:

Torrent for Ep1v2 --
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=9172

DDL --
http://shinon.dreamhosters.com/

Did a full TL check cleaning up the awkward lines and another full editting pass, plus we added ED karaoke.

Sleep...zzz....
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 11:14   Link #117
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oh wow, totally didnt know what to expect with this and after the first epi Im sticking with this. Not often do I get a great wtf moment in the very first epi. Reminded me of Higurashi.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 15:04   Link #118
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
One could argue that there was nothing unexpected in the School Days scenario... we had an entire season to build up to it, after all. So they are nothing alike.
I agree...whoever says that they didn't see it coming to makoto is 1) blind 2) makoto fanboy/girl (weird people do exist O.o) 3) In denial.

This is shocking, but a good "in ya face!" shock

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 17:56   Link #119
Echoes

I just watched the first episode. I was pleasantly surprised by it, shows plenty of promise, one of the better shows this season. The stab was unexpected, just when I had grown oh-so fond of Ayase. I'll be anxiously anticipating the next episode. *Gets his hopes up*

Now, a flying girl with white hair who goes around telling people about death-related matters? She even has the same sassy assistant, I definitely felt some Shinigami no Ballad vibes from this one. Not that it's a bad thing, since I did enjoy that series.
Old 2008-01-17, 21:08   Link #120
Random Wanderer

Weeks with no subs, and suddenly three groups release on the same day.

Waiting now for episode two. Fumika certainly isn't in any danger from Asuna, but I still want to see how things turn out.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen, supernatural