AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-27, 03:49   Link #221
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

would be an interesting catfight if 2ch and 4ch ganged up

well ... i doubt that they can keep it off the internet for a prolonged time ... its that short that people easily should be able to host it by themselves
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 03:52   Link #222
ZetranWW3

hmm this is strange. gg already sub this series. this supposed to be in the Fansubbed section now.
ZetranWW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 04:21   Link #223
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
i just watched ep1 and i must say that this series is so underwhelming.

also, for those sad about the lack of a tv broadcast, consider the following:

a kids station broadcast of hetalia wouldn’t have looked any better the webcast. it’s quite a chore to get anything above 640×360 from kids station to look half way decent.
Old 2009-01-27, 04:35   Link #224
LeoXiao
思想工作

I can't watch it on the animate.tv site! how do I see it?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 04:52   Link #225
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
i just watched ep1 and i must say that this series is so underwhelming.

also, for those sad about the lack of a tv broadcast, consider the following:

a kids station broadcast of hetalia wouldn’t have looked any better the webcast. it’s quite a chore to get anything above 640×360 from kids station to look half way decent.
You are saying that a TV brodcast would have looks just as bad a web brodcast?.....are you for real?
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 05:16   Link #226
Blaat

I admit I laughed at the first episode (both France and Italy were win for me) and chibi Italy was ridiculously cute. Having said that the episode was really hectic with a lot of things happening in short amount of time.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 05:35   Link #227
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

I laughted about the world congress and the "Become part of the Holy Roman Empire!" parts.

Germany was not as bad portrayed as I hoped (Jep, I really was hoping for some totaly clicheed german xD Ah well it was funny enough. ).

The ending wins.
Old 2009-01-27, 07:02   Link #228
Luchianka
Misuzu Fan

This one episode was too quickly for me.Contained in shorts three manga strips.
World Congress, Roman Epire, Germany with uknown box and history Chibi Italia and Ending with boots...
Luchianka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 08:39   Link #229
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Loved it! Im glad they all had the flags next to them cuz even though I read the series sometimes its hard for me to remember who is who.

Japan is so cute!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 08:51   Link #230
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Ugh. Extreme. Low. Quality. And I don't mean the RAW feed itself, but the "show". It had that one funny moment with Germany marching into nations, but it's rather cliché...
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 09:14   Link #231
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

eh ... anyone able/willing to toss it onto youtube or Veoh or something? ... kinda unable to play around with torrents around here :S
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 09:34   Link #232
gaguri

Quote:
eh ... anyone able/willing to toss it onto youtube or Veoh or something? ... kinda unable to play around with torrents around here :S
http://worldlaw.egloos.com/1280873

And yes, that is ironically uploaded on a Korean blog. I'm not affiliated with that blog, but please refrain from commenting anything negative there.
Old 2009-01-27, 09:44   Link #233
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
It is way too short for me to get an opinion of it. However, the stereotypical portrayal of the dysfunctional relationship between USA, England and France did it for me.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 10:14   Link #234
musouka

This felt like a whitewashed version of the already whitewashed bound publication. The idea anything offensive--or really all that funny, I guess--would be contained in this adaption is actually kind of absurd now that it's aired. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have fodder for icons and stuff now, but if this had been my only exposure to the series, I would have been distinctly unimpressed.

I wouldn't say Himaruya's original was biting satire or anything, but it was a lot more on the point than the anime. There's no sense of flow; we have three utterly different time periods jumping back and forth with no rhyme or reason. The director seems to have forgotten that this series is supposed to tell jokes--or thinks talking really fast is the funniest thing ever.

I'll stick with it in hopes the pace slows down a little and they get some some of the better material, but yeah, really lacking first ep.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 10:45   Link #235
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
You are saying that a TV brodcast would have looks just as bad a web brodcast?.....are you for real?
yes. have you ever seen raws from at-x, wakayama tv, or kids?
Old 2009-01-27, 11:20   Link #236
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Episode 1 was so horribly unimpressive. Not one good joke, no good satire, lots of fast talking only, Final Destination. The hype was so strong and this is what we get? Meh, I'll pass unless the show pulls a miracle and completely changes.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 11:50   Link #237
domino
デレデレ

Kids Station should have never given those Korean protesters any attention... now they're never gonna shut up. Don't those people have anything better to do than complain about a webcomic?

The show needs to slow down and go one strip at a time in detail instead of squeezing multiple strips into 5 minutes... I agree with others that if the anime had been my first exposure to the series, I would feel underwhelmed too. I just see it as an exciting and colorful supplement to the comic with great voice actors now~
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 16:00   Link #238
beaver052

Hello i coundn't find a manga thread for hetalia so i'll post this here.

Anime news network had an article that said that hetalia would start serialization in February in the magazine comic birz. If i remember correctly that's a seinen magazine right? Which makes me think "there goes the homoeroticism."
beaver052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 16:54   Link #239
Tatakae

We Swiss had a glorious stage time of .... 2 seconds!
I hope to see Lichtenstein as cute moe-girl which Swiss as hotbloded shounen protects, like the character page of the manga suggest it'd be.
Tatakae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 17:04   Link #240
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post

The show needs to slow down and go one strip at a time in detail instead of squeezing multiple strips into 5 minutes... I agree with others that if the anime had been my first exposure to the series, I would feel underwhelmed too. I just see it as an exciting and colorful supplement to the comic with great voice actors now~
The problem is if they went one strip at a time, the anime would be 30secs. Theyre gonna have to cram a few stripes into each 5 min. I dunno, I still thought it was funny, epsc the beginning with all the arguing. I guess since I didnt have truly high hopes, it amuses me none the less
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy