AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-10-08, 15:13   Link #101
Draco Spirit

Nice first episode, even through the sub I watched had rather broken English! >.< I enjoy the Badarse/Moe dynamic they're going for, could lead to interesting places.

On another subject, zero fanservice in this episode,which is very different to the original in that regard.
Old 2015-10-08, 16:51   Link #102
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Pretty good first episode overall. I think this format actually allows the show to bring out the best aspects of Aria rather than her less enjoyable qualities. Here she was capable and a pretty decent mentor. She gave quite a few tips throughout and actually gave Akari a chance when most probably would have looked at her scores and dismissed her.

Just a very solid start. Akari is a solid individual. She has her weaknesses and does hurt when she fails. But we also got to see her push herself as hard as she could for something she believed in. And she seems to have some kind of special skill that she may or may not be aware of.
Old 2015-10-08, 18:29   Link #103
Zangor17

Haven't been able to watch it. the broken subs are something i cant get over. Hopefully Funimation figures out when they are going to start simulcasting this one soon!
Old 2015-10-09, 13:33   Link #104
chaos_animagic

I laughed hard at the 15ish mark train thing. LOL.

Seems like it'll be a fun and interesting series to watch.
(the new girls seems to be very fun and clumsy type)

Tho, it also seems like Aria isn't the actual main character this time (well, she wasn't the main main character of season 1 either...) Aria's basically the MC's guides.
Old 2015-10-11, 20:26   Link #105
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think I lost some points in my sanity while trying to watch episode 1 on machine-translated subs.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2015-10-12, 02:56   Link #106
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Even the foreign subs were more watchable than the english ones. That's like telling you how the eng sub community just dont give a shit about HnA anymore.
Old 2015-10-12, 03:04   Link #107
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Even the foreign subs were more watchable than the english ones. That's like telling you how the eng sub community just dont give a shit about HnA anymore.
probably, I can't find any raw for the manga and novel of HnA too in english community.

Even though its not really bad if you compare it to other crappy infested harem stories.
Old 2015-10-12, 03:20   Link #108
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Well, at least some people made sure to clean up the translation into decent (though broken) English. The first subs that released (after two days) were akin to memesubs...

Referring to this, for those who missed it.

Kinda sad to see the state of the franchise amongst the English community considering I've enjoyed the first episode of AA more than most of the entire main series, but it can't be helped. We can only hope for it to get better later down the line once people stop complaining about the change of protagonist.
Old 2015-10-12, 03:41   Link #109
tsunade666

Change of protagonist isn't really the problem but english community treating the franchise as joke. It also didn't help that a certain fansub group release troll subs of the series and people treat it better than the series.

Really its annoying if you ask me.

Last edited by Flower; 2015-10-12 at 03:45. Reason: please do not mention fansubbing groups by name, ok?
Old 2015-10-12, 03:46   Link #110
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Guess many didn't take well the power escalation in a story that appeared, at first, "down-to-earth". When compared to many magic highschools LN. Even w/o taking magic into account, the premise of HnA require a lot of suspension of disbelief. We are talking about a world where some highschool students are walking around with firearms and doing some of the police job. When you place a Butei school in a country like USA, UK, Brazil or even France (Charlie Hebdo shootings should clue people that France is not the romantic place you see in anime), you can easily see what kind of conflict you can have when you take it to its most grim conclusion. And what kind of people armed detective students are going to become after they graduate? Some may join law enforcement agencies like the FBI, or police forces, or go rogue and turn to PMCs.

EDIT: I think that once you take HnA as a campy pulp fiction story, where the protags wear school uniforms instead of fedora and fight descendants of people like the Rabbi who created the Golem of Prague instead of an evil Chinese overlord a la Fu Manchu, you have more chance to enjoy it.

Last edited by Sheba; 2015-10-12 at 04:00.
Old 2015-10-14, 20:32   Link #111
Yye1
Wide Right

So does raika have an amica partner in the future?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2015-10-15, 06:40   Link #112
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
So does raika have an amica partner in the future?
From what was translated of the manga, there is no mention of her amica yet, so probably no? or she has but its in a bit later of the manga.
Old 2015-11-06, 10:50   Link #113
c933103
FTNR

According to information released together with manga ch.84, Nov24 episode of Aria AA (that'd be ep8) will be an original swimsuit episode...how would the show end up?
Closed Thread