Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-01, 01:31   Link #421
ices
Working Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It wasn't just to satisfy Yuki's demands. They supposedly needed supplies. Although, since the anime reversed the order of events, this doesn't make much sense.
Spoiler for slight manga comparison:
Yes, It's not just for Yuki's sake. The outing also giving them a chance to grab things that isn't available in their school's store, at least that was what Rii-san stated. Moreover they could investigate the condition outside their school. Finding other survivor or even getting help from somewhere.

But what I want to emphasize is the perpetrator of this outing. Did they really must listen to Yuki instead ignoring her or distracting her with other things? Did they must listen to this girl who lose her sanity. Did they really needed to leave this comfort zone that they created.

Quote:
Even then, Kurumi is Kurumi. No one really asked her to risk her neck for the team. She does it because she wants to (and because she's apparently the only one who can). That's made clear in episode 2. Rii told her she didn't have to kill zombies on the other side of the barricades, remember? But Kurumi still went out of her way to kill one of them.

I'm not saying she likes to kill zombies. She clearly doesn't, that's also made clear in episode 2. But she does seem to like taking risks and being in the middle of the action.
So, what made her taking the risk then... for whose sake is it...

It should be clear that Kurumi cherish her friend. She was willing to sacrifice her life for both of them. And it's not just Kurumi. Rii-san also believes in Kurumi's strength. Yuki under her childish behavior also seems to care the other. All of their feeling is mutual.

Even though they started as completely stranger, but the time that they spent together which was about a couple of months old able to bringing them to be a close friend. That's why I'm comparing it to Miki and Kei condition which is already a close friend in the beginning.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi senpai View Post
I wonder how she is so strong in the first place? I know she is dealing with zombies here, but she seems too good at this.
Like her driving ability. It must be from gaming. I guess she likes playing Plant vs. Zombie in her spare time.

Last edited by ices; 2015-08-01 at 01:56.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-01, 01:57   Link #422
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Yes, It's not just for Yuki's sake. The outing also giving them a chance to grab things that isn't available in their school's store, at least that was what Rii-san stated. Moreover they could investigate the condition outside their school. Finding other survivor or even getting help from somewhere.

But what I want to emphasize is the perpetrator of this outing. Did they really must listen to Yuki instead ignoring her or distracting her with other things? Did they must listen to this girl who lose her sanity. Did they really needed to leave this comfort zone that they created.
She proposed a crazy idea, and they thought "well, we could use the chance to get things we actually need, so why not?" If they didn't have any use for the trip, they would have said No. Yuki might be crazy, but she's not a kid. She can take a No.

Quote:
Even though they started as completely stranger, but the time that they spent together which was about a couple of months old able to bringing them to be a close friend. That's why I'm comparing it to Miki and Kei condition which is already a close friend in the beginning.
I just don't think the comparison makes sense, because their situations are too different. Kei and Miki were trapped in a little room. That was their whole world for months. That's a pretty extreme situation. The other girls have almost the whole school to live in, so they don't feel as trapped. They also have tools and people who can fight. When Kei decided to leave, it was an action born from despair. When the Live Club decided to take a trip outside, it was a planned and calculated action. Like I said, you can't compare.
Old 2015-08-01, 06:36   Link #423
Hmm....

Since Megu-nee is likely Yuki's defense mechanism, She must know deep down what's going on. She must know deep down they are in need of supply. She must know deep down Rii and Kurumi are hesitating about it. So she just give them a push. This is Yuki's way to say "Hey, I also agree with this idea" without contradicting her delusion.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-01, 07:20   Link #424
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
They may have poor eyesight, hence they're attracted to bright light, which may be more visible. I think they're more like animals and can hear best. They swarmed at Kurumi because she made a loud sound when she jumped down onto the ground.
Hmm, bright light is indeed very visible at night. Or maybe the zombies have a faint memory that places with bright light have people (whom they can eat ><).

The zombie sense of hearing might indeed be good. As someone mentioned on the previous page of this thread. Sitting down while not making a sound in the dark library is a good idea.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-01, 09:58   Link #425
Takeshi senpai

Maybe they only react to movement, since movement means it is alive and thus, food.
Takeshi senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-01, 11:56   Link #426
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Except in the flashback that shows pre-attack she and her class mates are wearing the blue/white uniforms and Rii is wearing green.
Only makes sense though in the idea that Yuki sees/remembers everyone who's dead in blue. Green has to be the uniform color for their school, Kurumi and Rii are both third years and got green and so do Kei and Miki and both are second years. So it makes sense to assume first years have such a green uniform as well, which means it makes no sense whatsoever why only Yuki and her class in the 3-A had blue as school color.
So I see the blue color as a thing of the past while the green on is of the present. And Yuki's uniform is blue because she lives in the past. ignoring the present. Well, not truly ignoring but more like not accepting it as reality.

Quote:
I wonder how she is so strong in the first place? I know she is dealing with zombies here, but she seems too good at this.
Lots and lots of training. With a school full of zombies and months to train it's no wonder to me that Kurumi got good at killing zombies. Seems though like Rii and Yuki never killed a zombie even once so far. Which isn't good in my opinion if Kurumi gets someday bitten/killed 'cause then their group's options becomes far more limited than with the fast and shovel swinging Kurumi around.

Quote:
Like her driving ability. It must be from gaming. I guess she likes playing Plant vs. Zombie in her spare time.
Bet Kurumi fav role was the Zombie Soldier. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
Since Megu-nee is likely Yuki's defense mechanism, She must know deep down what's going on. She must know deep down they are in need of supply. She must know deep down Rii and Kurumi are hesitating about it. So she just give them a push. This is Yuki's way to say "Hey, I also agree with this idea" without contradicting her delusion.
Makes sense to me. Normally when Rii said this is our last can, you would reply, well lets go shopping then but ofc you can't just do that in a zombie apocalypse. Especially not with their school live total rules to not leave school as outside is even more dangerous than within their school. So Yuki creating this club outing as a way to keep both her delusion alive; that everything is fine and all those barricades and broken frontdoors are just under repair structures; as well as helping her friends out; who are struggling with the need to get more supplies; makes sense. They might need such a run as they might not get all the stuff they need from their own little shop, for example batteries or medical supplies. Or you know, tampons.
Old 2015-08-01, 12:22   Link #427
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
I started thinking that after the test of courage which chronologically was after the Field Trip but yeah I think you're right. Her subconscious is trying to help as best it can without Yuki totally getting out of her PTSD denial. It may be why Rii and Kurumi trust Megu-nee so much.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-01, 17:21   Link #428
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Strong survival sense, and simply adapted well. Everyone adapts in their own way. As was mentioned previously, being able to grab that shovel and finish off zombie-senpai-noticed-me showed very strong survival instincts to be able to do that to someone she had known so quickly.

After that, she likely likely took it upon herself as her role.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-01, 17:26   Link #429
Kazu-kun

An let's not forget that she was part of the track team. So she had an athletic advantage over the others from the start.
Old 2015-08-01, 19:18   Link #430
ices
Working Hard

@Kazu-kun, Okay, point taken

Quote:
Maybe they only react to movement, since movement means it is alive and thus, food.
But, the Zombies didn't attack each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
*snip*

Bet Kurumi fav role was the Zombie Soldier. XD
Why roleplay as zombie if you could use the shovel as much as you like as a player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Makes sense to me. Normally when Rii said this is our last can, you would reply, well lets go shopping then but ofc you can't just do that in a zombie apocalypse. Especially not with their school live total rules to not leave school as outside is even more dangerous than within their school. So Yuki creating this club outing as a way to keep both her delusion alive; that everything is fine and all those barricades and broken frontdoors are just under repair structures; as well as helping her friends out; who are struggling with the need to get more supplies; makes sense. They might need such a run as they might not get all the stuff they need from their own little shop, for example batteries or medical supplies. Or you know, tampons.
Eh, now that you mentions it... that kinda make sense... I mean they should need those stuff, right. They're girl after all.

Last edited by ices; 2015-08-01 at 19:41.
Old 2015-08-01, 19:33   Link #431
Takeshi senpai

I'm pretty sure that zombies in most shows don't attack each, maybe because they can smell the decaying flesh.
Old 2015-08-01, 21:11   Link #432
YotsuMaboroshi

Episode 4 was fairly good. It's nice to see that the anime is sticking with expanding Taromaru's role and why he reacts badly to Miki, rather than him just being a dog Yuki found. We'll probably see him get picked up by Yuki in the next episode while they're in the mall.

Spoiler for Manga comparison:
YotsuMaboroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-01, 23:23   Link #433
ices
Working Hard

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that zombies in most shows don't attack each, maybe because they can smell the decaying flesh.
...or just like an animal, they instinctively know who fellow zombie and who the prey.

Meanwhile, some illustration from @gakkou_gurashi

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also, BD Vol. 1 Cover

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by ices; 2015-08-01 at 23:36.
Old 2015-08-02, 00:34   Link #434
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

These girls are so moe that I sometimes forget they're high schoolers, accept Rii.

So if the flesh decays, then wouldn't the zombies eventually die off over time, when the decay to nothing but bones?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 00:45   Link #435
Takeshi senpai

Normally, a dead body exposed to elements would have start turning into liquid in around one month, but I haven't seen a zombie show that actually portray the zombie dying off due to decomposition, so the zombies is not the same as a dead corpse.
Old 2015-08-02, 02:05   Link #436
Botan_TM

Quote:
Normally, a dead body exposed to elements would have start turning into liquid in around one month, but I haven't seen a zombie show that actually portray the zombie dying off due to decomposition, so the zombies is not the same as a dead corpse.
I guess pathogen prevents decay, maybe zombie flesh thanks to it is toxic to microorganisms and insects.
Old 2015-08-02, 08:59   Link #437
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
I guess pathogen prevents decay, maybe zombie flesh thanks to it is toxic to microorganisms and insects.
That's the explanation that most works take (World War Z etc). But it doesn't explain how they don't get baked in the sun and dry into mummies. It's just one of those things (along with the not-attacking-each-other rule) that you have to ignore for the sake of plot.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 09:04   Link #438
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
That's the explanation that most works take (World War Z etc). But it doesn't explain how they don't get baked in the sun and dry into mummies. It's just one of those things (along with the not-attacking-each-other rule) that you have to ignore for the sake of plot.
At the moment as anime viewers all we know is that it is mysterious and doesn't make sense.

From that point we could jump to "ignore for the sake of the plot", yes, but it is also possible there may be a reveal later on in the series that explains some things. For all we know the author may go into more detail at some point and for all we know he may have communicated with the anime staff and shared some of the info with them about it.

Then again ... it could indeed just be one of those "please look the other way politely" things.
Old 2015-08-02, 10:55   Link #439
James Rye

Quote:
@Kazu-kun
Why roleplay as zombie if you could use the shovel as much as you like as a player?

Eh, now that you mentions it... that kinda make sense... I mean they should need those stuff, right. They're girl after all.
Oh, you were talking about the original game. I thought you meant the Garden Warfare one of Plants vs Zombies. Yeah, the shovel of the first game fits Kurumi like a shovel to the zombie face. XD

It sucks to be a girl in the apocalypse. Not only the whole rape risk besides getting bitten/eaten by zombies but also that if you are in a competent group it's likely that others will tell you to stay home/behind because "you are a girl/woman" and have to be protected. And then your stomach cramps up because you got your period and no tampon in sight.
Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotsuMaboroshi View Post
Episode 4 was fairly good. It's nice to see that the anime is sticking with expanding Taromaru's role and why he reacts badly to Miki, rather than him just being a dog Yuki found. We'll probably see him get picked up by Yuki in the next episode while they're in the mall.

Spoiler for Manga comparison:
Yeah, I also like that Taromaru gets a bigger role in the anime given how short his apperance was in the manga. Although he can be pretty anoying without always running away and the girls making a fuss over him, it's fun seeing him ignore Miki at any given chance. xD

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2015-08-02 at 12:04. Reason: spoiler removed
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 15:01   Link #440
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
But microorganisms are not the only factors to make flesh rot. Being exposed to air alone will rot flesh unless it's preserved in some way but even then the decay will only go at a slower rate.

But I guess Zombies aren't exactly dead; otherwise, why would they need to feed?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga time kirara, read the manga, seinen, slice of life, zombie apocalypse