AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-02-08, 02:46   Link #601
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

What I want is to not see only your max social links in the final boss fights... It's like saying those ranked 7s don't count for anything
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 05:33   Link #602
WingsoftheDragonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
One of the things I really, really, really want is they make Social Links longer and add more 'special events' with the girls. I always felt it was too short or light.
Same here. But to be honest I hope that they will make that your bonds, S.link will matter more in the game.
One thing that I always dislike about how they handle the S.link in the game is how those bonds mean nothing in the game/ story, and only matter to make your Persona stronger or in the final fight. I hope that for once, depending on what rank the s.link is will reflect in the story and not only in battle. Like the lines of the characters with who you have a strong bond will change reflecting this.

Or if you are in a romantic relationship with a girl, her behavior will change showing the difference between when she was only friend with you and now she is your girlfriend.....things like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What I want is to not see only your max social links in the final boss fights... It's like saying those ranked 7s don't count for anything
Glad to see that I wasn't the only one to think this. Like you, I really hope that they will change this in Persona 5.
WingsoftheDragonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 07:57   Link #603
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Glad to see the guys are using small arms as a myth gag reference to the old Persona/SMT games.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 08:31   Link #604
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The cat had a sling shot. I am now waiting for a character with a preference for samurai swords and a bow and arrow.
Old 2015-02-08, 11:01   Link #605
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
They don't, you didn't complete the story and forge them unbreakable bonds. Why would you get an ending for a incomplete progress?

Also, everything points to socials links/cooperation getting a massive overhaul. I don't expect it to be anything like it was in p3/4.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 11:49   Link #606
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I'm also hoping that they do some work with the social links to make them more involved. I know there are limits, but even just having dialogue change with a character if they are passed a certain social links level at that point. If they can give you dialogue options that work/don't work based on your personality stats then go ahead and do that for social links to.
Old 2015-02-08, 13:28   Link #607
Frontier

Seeing the Social Links system get an overhaul that keeps the best elements of them from P3-P4 while better incorporating them into the story or gameplay would be pretty awesome .
Old 2015-02-08, 18:12   Link #608
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
One of the things I really, really, really want is they make Social Links longer and add more 'special events' with the girls. I always felt it was too short or light.
Totally agree on this.

The romance element was very light in the two previous games, and for the most part, the romance is only starting when the bloody social link ends.
Old 2015-02-09, 09:08   Link #609
Starway

New info

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/persona-5...tailed-famitsu
Old 2015-02-09, 10:34   Link #610
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Staff

Director: Katsura Hashino
Character Designer: Shigenori Soejima
Composer: Shoji Meguro

Characters

Protagonist – A second year high school student who moves to the big city in the spring. He lives with his parents’ friends at their coffee shop on the outskirts. He and his friends share common ground in having lost a place to live before.

Arsene (Persona) – The protagonist’s exclusive Persona. Whether it’s connected to the well-known thief is unknown.
Sound Change

-The previously mentioned sound change (“The sound characters make when summoning Personas is no longer a ‘ka!’ but rather a ‘buchi!'”) applies to cut-ins in general, not just Persona summons.

Katsura Hashino (Producer and Director) Interview Tidbits

-The first five bullets are repeats of the interview excerpt we covered last week, so they have been cut from this summary.

-Unlike the heroes of Persona 3 and Persona 4, the protagonist of Persona 5 has a problem of some sort that, if not faced down, could spell big trouble in the future. The scene in the trailer where he appears to be a prisoner is a “mental prison,” so to speak.
-The protagonist meets other two characters and cat creature in the trailer at the beginning of the game. The other two have their own life problems as well, and cat creature is mysterious, can transform, and is key to storyline.

-The characters sliding around in the anime bit in the trailer was suggested by the anime director. (Production I.G is confirmed to be the studio behind Persona 5‘s anime scenes.)

-The battle system is still turn-based, but is said to have a lot of changes to make it feel better to play and enjoy.

-Lots of Personas are being rendered in high-definition for the first time, making it a grueling production process on that end.

-Hashino is choosing to remain quiet about why Personas are appearing as actual enemies and where the protagonist has his fights. There are reasons behind those details, though.

-There are indeed randomly generated elements, but major places in the storyline are designed to play up the burglary motif and have special gimmicks.

-Each character has a distinct gun for their long distance weapon, though short range ones are present, too. They aren’t actual guns, but for reasons, they remain effective as weapons in combat.

-Working with sympathizers around town (the original Japanese literally uses “cooperation” like in the menu) is advantageous in some way for combat.

-Social Link-esque features will be discussed later, but will have new twists while still serving to power things up.

Shigenori Soejima (Character Designer) Interview Tidbits

-The protagonist’s seemingly docile nature is a profound ruse.

-The logo design is meant to play up on the youth ensemble nature of the plot and its cast, conveying a sense of speed and dynamism.

-Arsene, meanwhile, is designed to be a little more old-school, including his name, though making the whole thing come together and look stylish with that sort of constraint wasn’t without its share of challenges. Its cape / wings are meant to portray the image of a thief who lurks around places where normal people don’t belong.
Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/02/persona-5...ApOMZwt2QmO.99
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 10:35   Link #611
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I think it's preeeeeeeeeeeeeetty safe to assume that his persona is based off Arsčne Lupin...
Old 2015-02-09, 10:45   Link #612
Nerroth
NePoi!

Or the Protagonist might be a fan of Arsenal and Nagoya Grampus... (That would explain the fondness for the colour red, at least.)
Old 2015-02-09, 12:11   Link #613
Frontier

I wonder how much that idea of the MC having a hidden side to them that they don't show to the public, and evidently reveal as Phantom, will play into the choices the player's make for them?

So Cooperation is separate from the new Social Links system, and focuses on working with those who sympathize and support our group of Phantom Thieves. I guess that might go along with the idea that they're standing up to some sort of oppressive organization, unless by sympathizers they mean fans .

I could see that problem that has to be faced by the protagonists is whatever their issues with society are that leads them to turning to becoming Phantom Thieves/criminals to break free from it and enjoy themselves, and it'll be up to the MC to help himself and the rest of the group overcome their respective issues. That way the game can have them be Phantom Thieves or delinquents while still not necessarily advocating what they do.
Old 2015-02-09, 12:48   Link #614
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I'm certainly wondering what the ultimate form of Arsene will be by the endgame now. Is there a thief in the world that's more infamous than Lupin? Nothing really comes to mind right away...
Old 2015-02-09, 13:59   Link #615
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Yeah, I kind of wonder about Gematsu's abilities when they couldn't even do a quick Google search for Arsene....I mean come on the first result gives you Lupin. Safe assumption.

Also considering the backstory for the protagonist of P3...wouldn't you say he has a pretty good problem that needed to be faced? I doubt the protagonist of P5 could top what that guy had going on inside.

Nice that turn based play is still there. Though kind of wish they'd discuss the social link features now just to have a feeling of where they are going with it. That answer on the topic could literally mean anything.
Old 2015-02-09, 14:41   Link #616
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I'm certainly wondering what the ultimate form of Arsene will be by the endgame now. Is there a thief in the world that's more infamous than Lupin? Nothing really comes to mind right away...
Sandaime Lupin

Joking aside Ultimate persona probably called Arsene Lupin or Phantom Arsene just like Orpheus Telos and Izanagi no Okami

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, I kind of wonder about Gematsu's abilities when they couldn't even do a quick Google search for Arsene....I mean come on the first result gives you Lupin. Safe assumption.

maybe he thinking about Arsene Wenger

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 15:50   Link #617
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Maybe Moriarty as his ultimate, from Sherlock Holmes ?
Maybe even Sherlock Himself, turning from a thief into a détective at the end...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 17:20   Link #618
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'm curious where the ultimate for the MC might go. It might not even be a criminal at all. Might end up being some kind of famous freedom fighter for all we know. If it's again tied to the bonds the character has with those around him and acceptance of himself, it could be quite the drastic shift.

Moriarty isn't a bad pick though as far as famous criminals go.
Old 2015-02-09, 20:56   Link #619
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
P5 music influenced by acid jazz.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-09, 21:25   Link #620
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

reminds me of Akibastrip when he was walking down the road and busy subway place. The school atpmostphere is indeed Persona, can't wait!

Tags
persona 5, ps3, shin megami tensei