AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-30, 15:00   Link #881
ThoHell

Even though this series is like...eh, I'm enjoying it. So is this our last season and ep 13 was our final episode? Kind of a rather opened ending..... ~_~ Dramatic with undramatic conclusion. Season 3 anyone?

Last edited by ThoHell; 2009-03-30 at 15:26.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 15:02   Link #882
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Even though this series is like...eh, I'm enjoying it. So is this our last season and ep 13 was our final episode? Kind of a rather opened ending..... ~_~ Dramatic or undramatic conclusion. Season 3 anyone?
Its deep and subtle and funny that makes it better than most shows ever made.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 15:18   Link #883
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Even though this series is like...eh
Eh? What's eh? This show is a beautiful experience for all of us. No eh's about it.

Spoiler for Episode 13:

My final thoughts for this series are going to be what i say every week about this series, and what i said about the first season --- i love it to pieces. Each episode is a fresh, beautiful experience that i wouldn't change for the world. I just hope we can carry on this experience with a third season.
Old 2009-03-30, 15:20   Link #884
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Eh? What's eh? This show is a beautiful experience for all of us. No eh's about it.

Spoiler for Episode 13:

My final thoughts for this series are going to be what i say every week about this series, and what i said about the first season --- i love it to pieces. Each episode is a fresh, beautiful experience that i wouldn't change for the world. I just hope we can carry on this experience with a third season.
If you are not a fan of subtle(yaoi or otherwise ) you'll find the series slow and un eventful.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 15:53   Link #885
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep13:
I like how they went to end the series this time around. It was a good couple of episodes. Besides they managed to again tie in quite a few characters. The introduction of Taki made this second season that much better .
Old 2009-03-30, 18:24   Link #886
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Spoiler for Episode 13:

Loving the evolution of Natsume from the first season. (subtle 'yaoi' or not. )

Spoiler for ep 13:

I kind of also got the vibe that it could end at this point, though I saw (deluded myself?) a couple hints for a third season. Wishful thinking? It's just that delightful of a series, I'll really miss it.
Old 2009-03-30, 19:28   Link #887
Ultenth

I really hope there is a 3rd season, I was overjoyed when they announced the 2nd. One of my fav shows in quite a while.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 19:54   Link #888
CWW
Lurker

It was a great ride and one of the most consistently entertaining anime I've had the pleasure to watch. I'll be sad if this marks the end of Natsume's journey. C'mon Brains Base don't let us down!
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 21:05   Link #889
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
I checked ANN, Kai is voiced by Junko Takeuchi (Of course...).
WAKKUN! Finally, the official link to match the spiritual link between NY and Zettai Shounen...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 21:13   Link #890
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

12 really was another absolutely fantastic episode. This was about as introspective as I've seen Natsume, which is a growing theme as the season progresses and appears to tie into the finale. It's a show that really has the adorable shouta characters down pat - Kai was right up there with Fox-boy (also a demon, of course). I don't think this show has all that much in common with Petopeto-san other than the Shinto elements, but like that show this is one where in less skilled hands the sweetness might just become saccharine. But because the material is so intricate and handled so deftly, it serves the story rather than detracting from it.

I normally hate to watch final eps of series I love on work nights - I like to save them for an evening where I can really enjoy them. But this cliffhanger probably isn't going to allow me to sit still for four days, dammit.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2009-03-30 at 21:43.
Old 2009-03-30, 23:28   Link #891
fleng

Spoiler for episode 13:
fleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 23:32   Link #892
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Great epi, fab ending to another great season

Spoiler for epi 13:

I still agree with Nyanko-sensei from a previous epi, that lizard is just creepy
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 00:22   Link #893
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-31, 06:02   Link #894
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I still agree with Nyanko-sensei from a previous epi, that lizard is just creepy
Sometimes i have to rewatch some of Natori's scenes because i'm so focused on the lizard moving around. I have such an urge to find out what the lizard is all about, though i'm guessing that's going to be told when his backstory arc eventually begins in the manga.
Old 2009-03-31, 08:53   Link #895
vspirit
...huh?

Wow, I'm so happy to read all the positive impressions of the series in here, and that so many of you enjoyed it as much as I did, if not more so.

As to where to turn to after this...there's always the manga? Eh heh...heh...
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 08:59   Link #896
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
As to where to turn to after this...there's always the manga? Eh heh...heh...
It's true we also have the manga, though that doesn't mean we can't wish more then anything for a third season to happen.
Old 2009-03-31, 09:52   Link #897
vspirit
...huh?

Nope. But what I meant was, while waiting for it to happen, we don't actually have to pine. Not overly much anyway.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 17:59   Link #898
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Sure gonna miss this series..
Can't get enough of the OST addicted
Old 2009-03-31, 19:48   Link #899
Kirarakim

Very nice final episode my favorite parts were

Spoiler:

Anyways I am depressed that the series is over. It was such a nice and relaxing series to watch. It just really made me feel happy to watch. It's the type of series that makes you forget your troubles at least for that 1/2 hour.

Well I guess there is the upcoming spring season and the hope for an eventual 3rd season.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 08:14   Link #900
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 12 was excellent again, and they found another avenue to explore the theme of loneliness and again subtly showed how Natsume behaves towards people and yokai slightly differently (and he's not good with children, another interesting little idiosyncrasy). There was so much to like about this episode, and a good deal of the theme-driven storytelling and character development that we've seen in pretty much every episode, but I have to admit that I was particularly taken by something much more superficial: screentime for Taki and Jun. I like this idea of "natural moe" (mostly because I coined the term... although, knowing my luck, there's probably already an established term to describe it which has been in circulation for years), where the moe characteristics aren't so blatantly forced down the audience's throat and the characters are cute just because of how they are. I think it's something which tends to appear in more subtle anime, particularly slice-of-life titles (I'd call both ARIA's Akari and Sketchbook's Sora cases of natural moe), and, after this episode, I'd certainly say Taki especially and Jun (to a slightly lesser extent) are both examples of natural moe.

Anyway, I remember Ascaloth talking about Clannad and how it's hard not to think of "family" whenever we see one of the more child-like characters like Fuko or Mei standing between Tomoya and Nagisa. I think the same goes for this scene as well:

I know there's very little romance in this anime, and I generally don't like shipping, but I really wish there were time in this anime for Taki and Natsume to become a couple. Very few couples in anime strike me as deserving each other for the right reasons, but these two do. And, I realize full well that it's probably never going to happen.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brains-base, fantasy, supernatural, yokai