AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-22, 05:18   Link #481
moridin84
Custom User Title

So most of the demon lords introduced until now have been declared as trash compared to the "actually strong" demon lords.

I don't know if that was the author's plan from the beginning or he just realized that with Rimuru's growth he needs much stronger demon lords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
NHe at least had enough dignity not to leak Yuuki's name. I'm genuinely surprised he didn't plead with it before Rimuru finished him off .
Dignity? He was just so panicked that he didn't even think of it.

Rimuru should have waited longer and Clayman might have spilled the beans

Quote:
Maybe Laplace should've been the Demon Lord .
Clayman was obviously the fall guy.

He was the weaker and it's apparent that he's dumber than Laplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm surprised she knew all along yet didn't let it slip until then.
It probably just didn't come up in conversation.

Plus it looks like most of the demon lords already knew.

So it was probably just the now-former demon lords that didn't know about it.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-22, 10:50   Link #482
mickbis

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
So most of the demon lords introduced until now have been declared as trash compared to the "actually strong" demon lords.

I don't know if that was the author's plan from the beginning or he just realized that with Rimuru's growth he needs much stronger demon lords.
It been plan from the start.

Remember first season where Rimuru encounter Milim?
It state that Great Sage can only estimate her power to be at least 10x more than Rimuru

but that is just an "estimate" from the previous great sage "ability as a skill".

or Hinata is way stronger than Rimuru in their last encounter, she is basically a around mid Demon Lord tier
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-22, 11:00   Link #483
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Dignity? He was just so panicked that he didn't even think of it.

Rimuru should have waited longer and Clayman might have spilled the beans
Except Clayman specifically said he'd never betray a friend let alone a client when Rimiru asked. So, it's not that he didn't think about it.
Old 2021-09-22, 11:31   Link #484
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
There's literally no tension left in this series at all, huh?

The Milin reveal wasn't as surprising or interesting as it tried to be, Clayman was just the butt of the joke for the whole season and he got old literally as soon as he got introduced, the battle against Claymans forces was anti climatic because we already knew that they were going to lose horribly and the demon lord's were not as interesting as the story wanted them to be.

I'm floored that an anime can have so many things in it yet end up being about nothing this much. For example, as bad as the Spider isekai anime got and as disappointed as I was in the story (it made me not even want to continue reading the manga), at least it felt like it was trying to do, something... I don't know what, but it felt like it.

I guess that the best I can say about this anime is that it is a good time waster... I guess.
At this point the whole Falmuth story seems out of sorts with what this series wants to be in terms of being the first and only time we see the protagonists actually having to struggle or in any sort of real danger.

And even then no named characters actually died and were all conveniently revived/upgraded on the lives of a bunch of soldiers who didn't know any better, which Rimuru didn't seem to treat as that big a deal.

Slime Diaries seems more authentic and genuine in what it wants to be than the main show does at times in my opinion.
Quote:

I'm just wondering if it even matters because it doesn't seem like the Demon Lords actually do anything.
Quote:
Clayman was obviously the fall guy.

He was the weaker and it's apparent that he's dumber than Laplace.
He did care about his friends though...
Quote:
It probably just didn't come up in conversation.

Plus it looks like most of the demon lords already knew.

So it was probably just the now-former demon lords that didn't know about it.
I guess the bigger question is why she even needed to try to hide her identity to begin with.
Old 2021-09-22, 11:56   Link #485
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
I don't think you need anything in particular to be a Demon Lord. Maybe Guy's approval? I mean, Ramiris is one, and she's not even strong.
There was a time before when I thought about how many people Ramiris needed to kill to become a demon lord and how she was able to do it because of her size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
You need the backing of at least 2 other Demon Lords on the council and you have to settle any dissenting members(i.e. kill them.) Clayman got in through manipulation, not because he was particularly strong.
makes you wonder who he manipulated to get the title

Quote:
Don't you just need to complete whatever ritual Rimuru did? So, it's Demon Lord Seed + bunch of souls. Maybe there are conditions to survive the transformation with your sanity?
Assuming that all the current members of the octagram are true demon lords, makes you wonder how Ramiris got the souls needed
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-22, 14:07   Link #486
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Most likely Frey helped, Carrion/Milim would be the next best bet.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 03:08   Link #487
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Except Clayman specifically said he'd never betray a friend let alone a client when Rimiru asked. So, it's not that he didn't think about it.
That's before he knew he was going to die for real.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 11:38   Link #488
Frontier

Quote:
That's before he knew he was going to die for real.
But even then he just begged for his comrades instead of telling Rimuru what Rimuru actually wanted to know.
Old 2021-09-23, 21:12   Link #489
Tuor

He *did* tell Rimuru what he wanted to know. Some of it, anyway. He learned about Kazaream and he learned that someone outside of the Moderate Jesters was involved. He also knows that *someone* told Hinata about him, and did it in such a way that she wouldn't listen to an explanation. Only so many people had that sort of knowledge.

So, he has learned of at least one new enemy (Kazaream) and basically verified another enemy (Yuuki).
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-24, 01:05   Link #490
Chosen_Hero

Clayman turned into a Detective Conan murderer of the week that starts to tell everything in a panic as soon as they are found out.
Old 2021-09-25, 10:37   Link #491
kagato3

Quote:
I'm surprised she knew all along yet didn't let it slip until then.
Milim is a lot more shrewd than almost anyone gives her credit for.

Ramiris never needed the massive amount of souls to awake. She is/was the queen of the spirits a being at least on the order of the primordial demons.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 10:41   Link #492
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Milim is a lot more shrewd than almost anyone gives her credit for.

Ramiris never needed the massive amount of souls to awake. She is/was the queen of the spirits a being at least on the order of the primordial demons.
She's shrewd but also doesn't always think through the consequences of her actions .
Old 2021-09-25, 12:04   Link #493
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
She's shrewd but also doesn't always think through the consequences of her actions .
Comes with the fact that she's basically a child and a member of the Fair Folk.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 21:19   Link #494
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Movie is late 2022 eh? Basically expect S3 in 2023. Ugh, that's long ass wait.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 21:57   Link #495
Strahan

Quote:
I don't think you need anything in particular to be a Demon Lord. Maybe Guy's approval? I mean, Ramiris is one, and she's not even strong.
Well, there is being a demon lord and there is being accepted as a demon lord. I assume anyone can be a demon lord by accomplishing the requirements as Rimuru did, but to be acknowledged as one "politically" is a separate matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I'm floored that an anime can have so many things in it yet end up being about nothing this much.
You should definitely not watch Dog Days then
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 10:23   Link #496
velvet nightmare

does anyone know what happened to clayman's last finger? or is this a plot spoiler? I don't expect this last person to be of any significance because of how easily everyone else went down including clayman.
  1. myulan
  2. the guy who turned into fake charibdys
  3. the fox
  4. adalman, who changed sides
  5. some harpy looking monster?
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 10:29   Link #497
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
does anyone know what happened to clayman's last finger? or is this a plot spoiler? I don't expect this last person to be of any significance because of how easily everyone else went down including clayman.
  1. myulan
  2. the guy who turned into fake charibdys
  3. the fox
  4. adalman, who changed sides
  5. some harpy looking monster?
Anime skipped her part for some reason but she was killed by Diablo when he was fighting Ramen.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 09:30   Link #498
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Reincarnating herself resulted in a major loss of power for Ramiris. While she was once a being of great power, her current self is a bit of a disappointment and is missing some memories. The joke is that even in her current state, she still wants people to respect and revere her as they once did. Luckily for her, those who knew her in ancient times like Guy and the Dryads still see her as that same person.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 10:29   Link #499
Frontier

Now I want to see more of Ramiris in her prime, just for the contrast .
Old 2021-09-28, 16:45   Link #500
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Now I want to see more of Ramiris in her prime, just for the contrast .
Nah, I like the current Ramiris who hangs out with Veldora and Milim. Their dynamic is hilarious.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote