AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-17, 15:07   Link #201
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... finally watched ep 7 last night. Quite a contrast content wise to the "first part" (i.e. ep 6) with the single eyed headless youkai running around eating other youkai who are trapped in the house.

I enjoyed the ep, though ... and especially liked the very ... umm ... well, at least to me ... reaction of Tanuma when he comes face to face with some of the more dangerous parts of the world Natsume inhabits. His reaction (as well as Natsume's) somehow rang very true, very normal and very genuine to me. Wish I could describe it better. :\

Anyway - a 7/10 vote for ep 7 from me.
Old 2012-02-18, 15:56   Link #202
PiggyBank
sneaky & suspicious

That was one scary youkai..
Of course Sensei didn't waste the opportunity to pinch some squid and sake, always thinking about his stomach

Finally Tanuma and Natori meet. I wonder if it isn't a bit weird for Natsume. He talks to both of them about youkai, but with different constraints (he doesn't want to drag Tanuma to that world, and doesn't want Natori to know about the book of friends).

Anyway, Tanuma was awesome in the last two episodes. And Natori... does he always carry tickets to his latest movie with him???
Old 2012-02-18, 21:15   Link #203
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Just double checking, does Natori still not know about the book of friends? I thought I remembered someone in the Matoba clan mentioning it (so some people did know about it) but can't recall for sure.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-18, 22:52   Link #204
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Just double checking, does Natori still not know about the book of friends? I thought I remembered someone in the Matoba clan mentioning it (so some people did know about it) but can't recall for sure.
And while we're double-checking who knows what, does Tanuma know about the Book of Friends?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 09:46   Link #205
Yume Hanabi

No, he didn't know who Reiko was, so I don't think he knows anything about the Book of Friends. Plus, I don't remember Natsume ever talking about it (to anyone, really).
Old 2012-02-20, 17:05   Link #206
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 08:
Old 2012-02-20, 17:44   Link #207
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 08:
Spoiler for Ep 8:
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 17:55   Link #208
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Loved epi 8, I didnt even realize the girl was Nanase from last weeks preview. Loved Mikage. I kinda figured he was a youkai after Nanase made the comment about being able to see youkai. Glad he got his name back.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 18:51   Link #209
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to see a story from Nanase for a change. Like how Natsume freed Mikage after she was looking for him. Wonder if she'll ever know what happened to him.
Old 2012-02-20, 20:21   Link #210
sergel02

I was pleasantly surprised this episode =)
I found it a nice change of pace from someone just trying to steal the Book or trying to kill/kidnap/do whatever to Natsume.

Tho its hard to believe how bored i get if Tanuma isn't in there. I love Natsume, but i love seeing him and Tanuma together and their chemistry.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 20:26   Link #211
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Pretty good episode but still can't top the ep 6. It seems the only thing set out to do was to give Nanase some character development, to see things from her perspective.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 21:28   Link #212
HandofFate

People in this series sure like telling their life stories.

Nyanko just falls in the well, and Nasase is just like "guess i tell you a life story of mine since your here" and starts without even a response from Nyanko, lol.
Old 2012-02-20, 22:06   Link #213
Kirarakim

For being a Natsume-lite episode I enjoyed this episode a lot more than I thought I woukd. Nanase had an interesting back story with that taste of bitter sweetness I love from this series. I also really liked both Mikage and that cute little flying demon.

edit: Also I liked in the ending when Sensei asked Natsume if he was okay. It was simple but just another thing to show that he really does care about Natsume.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2012-02-20 at 22:34.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 02:25   Link #214
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It wasn't a bad episode. Of course probably my least favorite of the season since really giving Nanase some depth wasn't a priority for me. Plus all the mention of Reiko but we didn't actually get to see Reiko at all .

Nice to know that Nanase wasn't a bad kid. Sadly shows how different people can end up. The whole karma thing seems like a real cop out from feeling any sense of responsibility or thinking about one is doing. No matter what terrible thing the Matoba family does, its all good.

Not a bad thing to see another character's background, but I wouldn't call for another episode focusing on her either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
I was pleasantly surprised this episode =)
I found it a nice change of pace from someone just trying to steal the Book or trying to kill/kidnap/do whatever to Natsume.

Tho its hard to believe how bored i get if Tanuma isn't in there. I love Natsume, but i love seeing him and Tanuma together and their chemistry.
Nothing against Tanuma, but I want some Taki moments in this fourth season .
Old 2012-02-21, 02:37   Link #215
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
People in this series sure like telling their life stories.

Nyanko just falls in the well, and Nasase is just like "guess i tell you a life story of mine since your here" and starts without even a response from Nyanko, lol.
I will agree that that was rather off, they usually good at doing smoother transitions in storytelling, but otherwise it was a solid episode.

I want Natori's life story next.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 10:46   Link #216
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Loved epi 8, I didnt even realize the girl was Nanase from last weeks preview.
I recognised her..... the eyes gave her away.... also I realised this must be an episode from the past because of the outfits.

And Mikage was so sexy. I like his traditional look and the sad gentle eyes. I felt very sad when he turned into a stone at the end, I would have kept him as my tsukaima.... for lonely nights

Oh, next episodes looks like my kind of story. I love youkai omatsuris. I think my most favourite epsiode was, when Natsume took part in the 1000 youkais path. That had incredible atmosphere for me. Maybe next episode will have something of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The whole karma thing seems like a real cop out from feeling any sense of responsibility or thinking about one is doing. No matter what terrible thing the Matoba family does, its all good.
Oh I have to disagree!!! I didnt get that vibe from the story. Mikage even said that she is a good exorcist precisely because she knows the pain of what it means to be an exorcist.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 12:12   Link #217
satomianzaki

where is taki? i also want some natsume and taki moments...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 12:57   Link #218
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Needs more Kogitsune...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 13:59   Link #219
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
where is taki? i also want some natsume and taki moments...
She hasn't appeared this season has she? Yes a Taki centered episode would be nice. She's always been my favorite of the human guest characters.
Old 2012-02-21, 14:55   Link #220
warita
Dai-Youkai

I know this is an unimportant piece of trivia.... but I find it interesting, that the meaning of the word "youkai" is so well established in anime, that the subs are using it freely even where the original dub uses a different word. In fact, in this episode Nanase referred to Mikage as ayakashi, but the subs said youkai. I know, its not important, but I noticed.

I have a thing for youkais, you know..... :P
warita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shoujo