AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-04-18, 16:02   Link #461
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

You beat me to it! I took time to download it and watch it before posting here!
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 16:30   Link #462
Shiori-chan

like the new episode, hope they manage to keep the same level for the rest of the episodes
and I hope devil may cry will have the same level as this one in the future
Old 2007-04-18, 17:04   Link #463
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

hmmmm just finished 2, about to watch 3. I like 2 alot, Im a sucker for backstory

Only thing is...Raki is really starting to annoy me... the whole "why did you have to kill her, she was your friend" thing is a bit....you know...but hopefully he'll be better in epi 3.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 17:14   Link #464
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
Wow, Episode 3 was great.
I wanted to give the series at least 5-6 Episodes before I decide whether to watch on, but it only needed 3 to accomplish that. I hope it will continue like that.

Ah I can't wait :|... That cliffhanger was really cruel.
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 17:15   Link #465
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I can forgive Raki for feeling that way. He's all torn up over the fact that she has to suffer so much, and nobody should have to kill their closest friend like that.

Raki's role isn't quite as prominent in episode three, though
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-18, 18:53   Link #466
Grey

I actually don't mind Raki's whininess that much, mostly thanks to his voice actor. His voice seems naturally "non-whiny", so it helps counter-balance the whiny lines that Raki gets.

The pace still freaks me out. Three episodes = 1.5 volumes, and it looks like the fourth will finish off this arc (meaning middle of the third volume). At this rate they'll run out of source material around the twenty second episode...so anything past that point would be completely made up. Still, if they like to keep the pace this tight, maybe we won't have to worry about filler episodes.

I contine to find the anime relatively enjoyable. But...the recent Yomas' voices (episodes 2 and 3)...why are they so high-pitched? I'd expect something more like the deeper roar of the first episode, not these funny squawks. It kills the atmosphere.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 18:55   Link #467
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
I actually don't mind Raki's whininess that much, mostly thanks to his voice actor. His voice seems naturally "non-whiny", so it helps counter-balance the whiny lines that Raki gets.
The one thing i absolutely hate about this series is Raki's va. his voice just grates on my nerves.
Old 2007-04-18, 19:01   Link #468
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
...the recent Yomas' voices (episodes 2 and 3)...why are they so high-pitched? I'd expect something more like the deeper roar of the first episode, not these funny squawks. It kills the atmosphere.
True! The voices sound like an actor pretending to be an animal, and that really throws me out of immersion in the show.

It's interesting how...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-18, 19:29   Link #469
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

Clare is freakin' awesome! I read this in the manga already but the animation made this even better!

Spoiler for Spoiler:

I don't know about you guys but I always look forward to a new BGM piece every time I watch an episode. The soundtrack so far is very pretty. (Minus that rock and roll theme.) And the new battle theme didn't disappoint. Next week should be good; I know I'm sticking with this show now. =P
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 20:52   Link #470
Lumir

I know a good anime when i start watching one and so far this one has hit all the points in being a good anime.

I agree that raki's voice is quite annoying but you all have to remember to be prepared for the role he will play.

I dont know about the rest of you but i just cant get enough of that ED song, its just too good xP.

Looking forward to the next ep.

Quick note...

Since ive watched the ED a few times ive notice some things, two in particular, there is one scene were clair is standing in the mids of claymore swords, this leads me to believe she will be one of the last claymore survivors. The second scene being the end of the ED, it shows 1 sword i cant really make out the emblem on it but it looks quite similar to Clairs.
Old 2007-04-18, 21:18   Link #471
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Frankly, why do people always complain about characters like Raki??? Infact, to get close to people like Clare, only such characters can do thatr. He doesnt expect any love in return, all he wants is the person he respects to be safe.

But yeah, it does get annoying if thecharatcer continues to be like that, but rest assured, i think Raki develops through the story too. Raki wont be just a useless punk. Only such people understand how Clare really feels..
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 21:37   Link #472
MemoryDragon

I think the series is interesting. I was a little wary when I first started watching due to how the plot sounds, but the seriousness of the series is what hooked me. I'll give it a few more episodes though, before I really decide.

I don't think Raki is too bad... He could be worse, at least. He serves his purpose as the catalyst in the anime, and that's all I'm really concerned about, lol.
MemoryDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 23:16   Link #473
BlackMadonna

Oh man amazing episode. Seeing her in action, kicking their a$$es was priceless.
Only thing i agree those two are nothing but idiots and i wouldn't have cared if they got kabbobed and grilled too bad when you have warrior wannabes around.
BlackMadonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 23:42   Link #474
Joojoobees

An excellent episode. I doubt I could find anything to complain about.
The artwork was great. The limited color palletes are really working for them.
Spoiler for screen shots - effective use of limited pallete:

Awesome action scenes. Very exciting pacing. An interesting set up.
Spoiler for Plus:
Old 2007-04-19, 02:21   Link #475
IMSabbel

About the pacing....

I think the anime makers are _very well_ aware that the first 2 Volumes of the manga are considered to be rather mediocre compared to the rest that followes.

So I guess they will burn through them and then slow down a bit when the story _really_ picks up.

Btw: Animation of the guard fight was really godly (for it being just a minor skirmish). I really want to see some of the later fights in that quality...
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 03:42   Link #476
godraziert

Just finished watching episode 3 . . . pretty good ep! I liked the pacing of the story and the fluid battle sequences, probably more so than the first 2 eps. Hope that it'll be able to stay this way or better for the eps to come.

Oh, and I also love the ending song too. Think it suits the series well. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Spoiler for Plus:
That particular point was indeed a nice touch for Raki

Spoiler for Also . . .:
Old 2007-04-19, 03:43   Link #477
Sable
Zetsubou Sensei

I don't really mind the pacing. As long as we get those kind of fights it's good enough. The only thing i don't like about fights, particularly fights with yoma is their purple blood. Looks kind of cheap for me. And as someone already mentioned their roars are kind of out of the picture as well

Last edited by Sable; 2007-04-19 at 04:18.
Sable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 04:29   Link #478
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Just watched episode 3,
I hope Raki either gets out of the story or get better. He's neither likeable nor useful other than a partner for Clare to talk with.
I seen plenty of main hero and side kick pairing, Clare and Raki is pretty dry to me.
Old 2007-04-19, 04:54   Link #479
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Minor question: don't the Japanese have their own words for "knife"? Why would they use the English word?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 05:29   Link #480
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Wow, this show just keeps getting better! I really like the way they use the color and music to highlight scenes, it really adds to the whole "feel" of the presentation.

Raki isn't too bad really. He's not nearly as bad as some anime males you usually see. He reminds me alot of Yuji from Shakugan no Shana actually. He doesn't seem to be a candidate for superpowers or anything like that but he serves his purpose as the "human" element of the show pretty well.

Those city guards were pretty cool too. A bit out of thier league but it's nice to see they aren't total cannon fodder either.