Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-10, 23:11   Link #1141
NanoDesu
Beyond the Event Horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
To be honest most of the Translation and editing so far is fine(Haven't finished chapter 2 yet). I only noticed a few Typos or missing letters(nothing that would meet the required amount) in a couple of parts. Other than that it is golden.

edit: Just so you know I am a little OCPD
Yeah I don't think Chapter 1 is that terrible in terms of errors. There are also a few errors in terms of number agreement where I should have pluralized something but didn't, or some parts where I forgot to use the past tense in narration.

If I'm not also a bit OCD as well I'd be really surprised.
Old 2012-06-10, 23:31   Link #1142
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoDesu View Post
Yeah I don't think Chapter 1 is that terrible in terms of errors. There are also a few errors in terms of number agreement where I should have pluralized something but didn't, or some parts where I forgot to use the past tense in narration.

If I'm not also a bit OCD as well I'd be really surprised.
the only major typo I saw was when Sera was introduced. I think it was after the line where Haruna asked who Sera was. Also OCPD is a personality disorder. People with this disorder tend to be perfectionists. Which I think I just showed in this post.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 02:08   Link #1143
NanoDesu
Beyond the Event Horizon

Quote:
the only major typo I saw was when Sera was introduced. I think it was after the line where Haruna asked who Sera was. Also OCPD is a personality disorder. People with this disorder tend to be perfectionists. Which I think I just showed in this post.
Don't forget that things that are awkwardly worded but technically grammatically correct are fair game too! Sometimes I translate long sentences and they end up sounding really funky in English.
Old 2012-06-11, 02:25   Link #1144
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Don't forget that things that are awkwardly worded but technically grammatically correct are fair game too! Sometimes I translate long sentences and they end up sounding really funky in English.
hahaha thats translation even if you understand the sentence in your head, putting it into "understandable" words is a different problem
Old 2012-06-11, 18:17   Link #1145
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
I wouldn't know how to fix those. After all there are jokes and phrases in Japanese that can't be translated effectively into another language.
Old 2012-06-11, 22:33   Link #1146
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

hey guys do all the girls like ayumu or what?
Old 2012-06-11, 22:42   Link #1147
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
hey guys do all the girls like ayumu or what?
Some yes, some no. Though it's quite a lot.
Old 2012-06-12, 00:00   Link #1148
NanoDesu
Beyond the Event Horizon

Quote:
I wouldn't know how to fix those. After all there are jokes and phrases in Japanese that can't be translated effectively into another language.
I mean more like just things that sound awkward. If I wrote

"I was at the store, and because I was hungry, I bought an apple,"

it would probably sound better if I wrote

"At the store, I bought an apple because I was hungry."

Stuff like this happens often in my translations because the ordering of words in sentences in Japanese is often directly opposite ordering of words in sentences in English, and sometimes I don't notice where I'm translating stuff awkwardly like that. Which is where my editors come in.
Old 2012-06-12, 00:49   Link #1149
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
I mean more like just things that sound awkward. If I wrote

"I was at the store, and because I was hungry, I bought an apple,"

it would probably sound better if I wrote

"At the store, I bought an apple because I was hungry."

Stuff like this happens often in my translations because the ordering of words in sentences in Japanese is often directly opposite ordering of words in sentences in English, and sometimes I don't notice where I'm translating stuff awkwardly like that. Which is where my editors come in.
understandable. But as I've said before everything that has been translated and edited so far is very good.

P.S. for your translator's notes for 3-1 number 1 I guess you could say that the name stems from McDonald's. It would be same as when in anime they have something like boogle instead of google.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:28   Link #1150
darkofficer
just a devil

i still wanna see what happend after the indirect kiss. but to but for me

and still wonder what sera is

a vampire ninja a maid a violist and a
Spoiler for serie:
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 11:30   Link #1151
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
P.S. for your translator's notes for 3-1 number 1 I guess you could say that the name stems from McDonald's. It would be same as when in anime they have something like boogle instead of google.
Except that we have Zoogle for this series.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 01:31   Link #1152
NanoDesu
Beyond the Event Horizon

Quote:
understandable. But as I've said before everything that has been translated and edited so far is very good.

Lol I know it was a reference to McDonalds. They just screwed with the name more than I'm used to.
Old 2012-06-13, 02:13   Link #1153
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Lol I know it was a reference to McDonalds. They just screwed with the name more than I'm used to.
they always will to avoid copy rite(hope I spelled it right) laws. It is always easier to tweak an already existing name than to think up a new one. It saves time but does nothing for creativity. lol
Old 2012-06-13, 16:25   Link #1154
Irrelevant
Editor Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to Irrelevant
Haha Welsh with all the editing and reading you're doing already why don't ya just apply to be an editor? All us cool kids are doing it.
Irrelevant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 19:09   Link #1155
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

can someone tell me if seraphim actually likes ayumu? it kinda bothers me that she acts like a bitch towards him yet in the last couple episodes of the anime she begins to even blush at him. now im like wtf?
Old 2012-06-13, 21:39   Link #1156
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
can someone tell me if seraphim actually likes ayumu? it kinda bothers me that she acts like a bitch towards him yet in the last couple episodes of the anime she begins to even blush at him. now im like wtf?
Sera is a tsundere . There are hints she does like in vol 7
Quote:
For sera, her ending phrase. She (most likely a tsundere response), says, "Even I am feeling uncomfortable. There is no way....(pause)...that I am feeling jealous."
Go to page 54 that tells you some things about vol 10.
Old 2012-06-14, 11:12   Link #1157
ellessarr
Banned

hi, guys after see the 2 seasons of the anime version , i have a question, on anime is strongle hinted who ayumo trully love Eu, the others girls are much more like "i'm a too much good guy who dont like to break girls heart", is the same on LN?, i know this is a harem comedy ecchi and because of this he never gona really end with only 1 girl or even confess feelings to some1(and even Eu looks like dont have any problens about ayumu get surrounded by others girls). but like i told on anime he aways showed what girl he really cares or owns him heart, on the Light Novel or manga is the same? or he just totally pervert and like to be surrounded by girls or "too much a good guy who can't break any girl heart".
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 14:39   Link #1158
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
hi, guys after see the 2 seasons of the anime version , i have a question, on anime is strongle hinted who ayumo trully love Eu, the others girls are much more like "i'm a too much good guy who dont like to break girls heart", is the same on LN?, i know this is a harem comedy ecchi and because of this he never gona really end with only 1 girl or even confess feelings to some1(and even Eu looks like dont have any problens about ayumu get surrounded by others girls). but like i told on anime he aways showed what girl he really cares or owns him heart, on the Light Novel or manga is the same? or he just totally pervert and like to be surrounded by girls or "too much a good guy who can't break any girl heart".
Eu is the main heroine, and Ayumu's relationship with Eu is an important one. However, it has been hinted that Haruna starts to take more place, and we might have a true triangle with Ayumu-Eu-Haruna.

(And also, Eu gets jealous in the LN. Especially when Saras appeared.)
Old 2012-06-14, 14:55   Link #1159
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Eu is the main heroine, and Ayumu's relationship with Eu is an important one. However, it has been hinted that Haruna starts to take more place, and we might have a true triangle with Ayumu-Eu-Haruna.

what was the first time Eu got jealous after Saras appeared? Also does she always get jealous when Haruna or Sera is around him(i.e. just sitting next to him)?

edit: Btw you said they messed up the part with Eu's jealousy in the episode they met Nene, right? What did Eu do to display her jealousy in the novel during that scene?

Last edited by Welsh_Dragon; 2012-06-14 at 15:47.
Old 2012-06-14, 16:02   Link #1160
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post

hmmm in anime he relationship with haruna looks much more big brother and little sister than romantic, mine prefered girls is tomonori because she(aways and the most) is 1 of the fews girls who dont threat him bad(tomonori, hiramatsu and Eu), all others girls exceptionally haruna aways are bulling him(on the lasts episodes Saras starting to change from her tsun tsun to dere dere on him and start to be good with him too).
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ayumu`s ass, gender bender, harem, occult, romance, shounen, zombie