Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-01-26, 20:29   Link #4281
Ultragunner

Wait wait a minute
Spoiler for chapter 110:

Wow, Touta, you've got some serious competition there
But then again, I've never seen Eva open up like this before, so good job (I guess?) Touta
Old 2016-01-26, 20:35   Link #4282
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 110:
Well, I've always believed Eva fell in love with Negi. Frankly, I've long wondered if Eva was the one who was in Negi's heart. It makes sense when you think about it. That's the main reason I've never been down with the Eva x Touta ship. I want Eva to hook up with Negi and Touta can hook up with the rest of the babes in his harem. *nods*

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 21:11   Link #4283
Twi

Are we done with the romance now? Is the plot moving?

Edit: Really, Negi won? I thought Nagi, but I guess I was wrong.
Old 2016-01-26, 21:42   Link #4284
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Huh, aside from the first few pages (kind of an epilogue to the last few months of harem stuff, its too late for both Kirie and Karin, though both are still in denial) this was kind of a sentimental sweet chapter.

Easier to talk to Eva rather than Yukihime the boss. And at least Touta won't have to sneak off for the tournament (nearly forgot about that plotline, its been a while since Touta even trained). Not sure if I'm reading too much into it, but almost seems like the implication is that once they rescue Negi then Yukihime can move on, maybe with Touta. Though the ambiguity is intentional probably. Well, at least she admitted she is still in love with Negi (so Nagi's past), so that's kind of permission for Touta to end up with someone else, not that he's noticed or really understands. Yep, that's the Springfield genes.
No, you didn't read too much, that's exactly what Eva meant. In the last page, Ken commented that Touta and Eva's relationship's going on slowly, but surely developing. It means he's heading that way. No one can go against god's words.
Old 2016-01-26, 22:42   Link #4285
Malicre

wow this chapter pretty much just sunk the yuki x touta ship. she pretty much said i love negi and ill have to talk with him first but if he doesn't want me ill be yours, isn't that what she basically said? and then she has the nerve to kiss him? man i just lost a ton of respect for her.

Last edited by Malicre; 2016-01-26 at 22:58.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 23:34   Link #4286
Ultragunner

At the very least, Eva doesn't disregard Touta's feeling, she even seems to "welcome" it , not to mention she opens up and makes things clear to him that she can't move in at the current state of affairs.

Now our MC has more reasons to beat up MotB and settle the score his gramps Negi for good
Old 2016-01-27, 00:39   Link #4287
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
wow this chapter pretty much just sunk the yuki x touta ship. she pretty much said i love negi and ill have to talk with him first but if he doesn't want me ill be yours, isn't that what she basically said? and then she has the nerve to kiss him? man i just lost a ton of respect for her.
No where she said she needed Negi's permission to be with someone else. Her "condition" to move on and maybe accept Touta's feeling is just the rescue of Negi, nothing else. It's the case when a girl just can't allow herself to find happiness while someone she cares for is still suffering in a prison, she may even feel responsible for his situation. That's why she kissed Touta, she basically told him to wait until the burden in her heart is lifted off so that she can fully accept him.
Old 2016-01-27, 00:50   Link #4288
bones

^ You're conveniently leaving out the part where she told him to go find someone else since she had rejected him. The only uncertain factor in this is Negi's feelings since Eva just said she loves Negi.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 01:10   Link #4289
Malicre

Quote:
^ You're conveniently leaving out the part where she told him to go find someone else since she had rejected him. The only uncertain factor in this is Negi's feelings since Eva just said she loves Negi.
Exactly........

If negi does come out and say he loves eva and wants to be with her what can touta do? that's my whole issue with eva, it feels like shes toying around with touta and only wants him if negi rejects her.

Last edited by Malicre; 2016-01-27 at 01:46.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 01:27   Link #4290
Kazu-kun

Eva x Touta ship sank. She was clear she loves Negi, and Touta should find someone else.
Old 2016-01-27, 04:17   Link #4291
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Well, I've always believed Eva fell in love with Negi. Frankly, I've long wondered if Eva was the one who was in Negi's heart. It makes sense when you think about it. That's the main reason I've never been down with the Eva x Touta ship. I want Eva to hook up with Negi and Touta can hook up with the rest of the babes in his harem. *nods*
Here's one possibility:

Touta hooks up with the mortals in his harem first, having to make a choice between Mizore and Shinobu. In the end, Shinobu get's friendzoned, and Mizore becomes Touta's mortal spouse. In that manner, Ayaka's descendant we saw in the Negima epilogue is also a descendant of Touta Konoe.

But immortality has it's drawbacks, and this includes eventually having to part with mortal friends and lovers. The day when Mizore passes on, is the day where Touta finally gives up all pretensions of mortality, and realize first hand, and not just theoretically what immortality implies. It is where he begins to understand what Eva goes through.

It is not doom and gloom of course. Touta moves on, with Kuromaru and Kirie, the immortals that happen to be near his age. Their relationship is in this highly ambigious space between lovers and close friends and comrades. In that sense, this is the period where Touta is fully enmeshed in the world and society of immortals, and as a highly active, still relatively young immortal. But neither Kuromaru nor Kirie's immortality is perfect. And after a time, they too shall past, centuries into the future.

However, Karin and Evangeline still exist. And after Touta loses his closest friends in immortal society, Evangeline grabs Touta and Karin, withdraws from the affairs of the home-timeline, and go wandering around numerous worlds and time-lines all across the multi-verse, going on an adventure.

Eventually, Evangeline withdraws largely from multi-versal affairs, and takes on a position like Dana, with a timeless castle of her own. Here, she, like Dana, picks out young immortals of interest and mentor them directly, just like Dana did for her, just like she did to Negi. In that manner, she continues to exert an off-screen presence. Touta and Karin continues their wanderings, occasionally returning to Eva's side.

It is ambiguous, whether Evangeline ends up like the older True Ancestors that Dana mentioned, who have lost all interest in the world, being more corpses than alive. We do know that her suggestion that Touta and Karin should form an immortal partnership, does become reality, over the extreme long run.

So, in this scenario, who wins in the end? Technically, in the short run, Mizore. In the extreme long run, Karin (while Touta sorts of wins Eva, but not in the mortal sense of romantic love). In the medium run, Kuromaru and Kirie shares Touta. All in all, we have a harem ending, that accounts for the wildly different lifespans in the harem. Where the more immortal members are far less in a hurry, than the most mortal members of the harem, which results in a way where all can win the game.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 05:15   Link #4292
Homura7

Not so fast, dude. For all we know something could end up happening and Mizore unexpectedly joining the realm of the immortals is not farfetched at all.

Think back on how Touta became an immortal in first place.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 06:12   Link #4293
silvercover
Romance Expert

people saying that this confirms that eva will end up with touta due to the kiss, but you're forgetting that in negima, a similar scene happens like this with asuna and negi.

asuna goes on to kiss negi before their supposed "goodbye", then she advices negi to save his kiss for the girl he really likes, mirroring eva telling touta to look for another girl.
and like eva here in UQ holder, asuna is the main girl of negima, one of the characters highly likely and believed to be with negi in the ending.

its entirely possible that touta will not end up with eva in the end.

so yeah, thanks to this chapter, my interest is reignited in UQ holder. it felt to me that the series was just wasting time with those previous arcs and that forced romance due to the retcon, but this puts things back to level ground where every pair has a chance now.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 06:28   Link #4294
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Did people really buy Eva x Negi ending
come on guys, It wont be that smoothly even from Ken work. I know Ken sweet mangaka who best in romance he is far for category mean and twisted mangaka like AkG author this not mean i ship Eva x Touta, but having read and watches many manga and anime i am sure you guys know there something called "things won't be smooth".
plus Negi is not MC i even doubt we actually can see prime Negi if Eva and Fate manage to rescue him there have to be a great cost.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 06:32   Link #4295
Twi

To be fair, a vast majority of the women Negi knew are probably either old or dead by now while he's immortal. The issues they brought up earlier about dating with Touta also apply to Negi. Eva is, quite frankly, one of the very few who could be by his side for eternity.
Old 2016-01-27, 06:37   Link #4296
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Btw did we really have to wait two week for next chapter?
i hate waiting, hopefully in next chapter we will go to serious arc. my interest to UQ Holder really low because the whole stupid harem stuff.
Old 2016-01-27, 06:39   Link #4297
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Did people really buy Eva x Negi ending
come on guys, It wont be that smoothly even from Ken work. I know Ken sweet mangaka who best in romance he is far for category mean and twisted mangaka like AkG author this not mean i ship Eva x Touta, but having read and watches many manga and anime i am sure you guys know there something called "things won't be smooth".
plus Negi is not MC i even doubt we actually can see prime Negi if Eva and Fate manage to rescue him there have to be a great cost.
is there confirmation that its not an evaXnegi ending? negima never revealed who negi loved, and eva was still in the possibility realm.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 07:11   Link #4298
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
is there confirmation that its not an evaXnegi ending? negima never revealed who negi loved, and eva was still in the possibility realm.
There has never been a confirmation for NegixEva itself so far.
Also if you read my post correctly
my point was not about EvaxNegi not the ending
It was about can NegixEva ending will happen
Old 2016-01-27, 07:57   Link #4299
Sixth
Hu Tao

Seriously, Eva needs to settle down and die at some point. Is she really planning to smex the whole Springfield bloodline for eternity or what?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 08:44   Link #4300
Fwarlord

Quote:
Yeah, she told him to find someone else, at the last panel where none of their face presented, if you read enough manga, you will understand that panel meant to be a teasing instead of anything to be took seriously. In romance manga, whenever the female love interest tells the protagonist to give up on her and move on, it tends to be treated as a serious issue and the author always depicts both of their expression and the emotional impact on them.

Anyway, can anyone confirm what was Eva's exact words for "love"? Ken can easily correct her words into "love" for a disciple or a little brother later, like in Kuroumaru's confession scene.

I even suspect he did this as an attempt to take back Negi's old fans and weaken Eva's position as the main love interest to create a path for a harem ending after realizing the relationship between Touta and Eva he built up has become too strong and the only way to have a harem ending is to weaken her feeling for him.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love