AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-11, 00:32   Link #21
marvelB

Well, while most may disagree (at least judging from the comments I've seen so far), I actually find it quite interesting that Oda decided to further develop Bellamy's character. I mean, we're talking about the guy who literally spat in the faces of those who "chase dreams".... which is kind of one of the main themes in this manga. And yet a couple years later, we learn that the guy became more humble, and managed to gain respect from Luffy, even. IMO, that's a pretty big accomplishment! So the way I see it, Oda wants to give closure to one of the few characters who openly ridiculed a main theme of this series.

Also, I kinda alluded to this in the last chapter thread, but I'm pretty sure that Bellamy is WELL aware that he can't win against Luffy. However, victory isn't the issue here, but rather sticking to his sense of honor (he even tells Luffy as such). If he's gonna be taken down, then he might as well go down swinging rather than turning tail and running. He wants to conclude this 2-year old conflict with a bang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
As for Bellamy being able to use Haki simply put, not a fan of the decision.

Honestly, I'm not the least bit surprised he can use haki. I pretty much figured it would be the norm in the NW before the timeskip even happened. Now maybe I'd see an issue here if he had conqueror's haki, but I see nothing wrong with him wielding CoA or CoO....
Old 2014-12-11, 03:26   Link #22
marvelB

Okay, just bumping to let everyone know that I updated with the full summary! Boy, it's been a good while since a non-SH took down a boss character (the non-SH in question being a GIANT, no less ). Also, turns out that we get the results of the popularity poll next week!

However, I also bring some sad news: As it turns out, Bunta Sugawara, the actor that Akainu was modeled after, passed away recently. Oda brings him up in the SJ TOC comments, (credit to AP's Sandman for the pic,) saying that he will always cherish the Akainu character. My condolences to Mr. Sugawara's family for the loss.
Old 2014-12-11, 09:25   Link #23
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

why do I have an image of Pica's laugh in the anime to sound like Pikachu from Pokemon?
Old 2014-12-11, 10:52   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
As much as Luffy might want to hold back it's going to cost him at this rate. Taking unnecessary damage, but also leaving a seriously wounded Law alone with Doflamingo. He needs to step up and put Bellamy down now.

Some good focus on the other fights for a brief moment. Tough opponent just to deal with for Zoro, though he's getting mental hits in there with not holding back from the hilarity that is Pica. Good showing for that giant as well .
Old 2014-12-11, 11:53   Link #25
Ultragunner

danmit, I hate it when the author pulls a "you're a friend so I don't wanna fight ya" ,

you don't want to kill the guy? Fine, just beat the crap out of him and talk LATER!!! It's this simple, why so few (the authors included) do this???
Old 2014-12-11, 12:13   Link #26
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

finally.... another Doflamingo commander was down...

and baby 5 still amusing with her love-struck trait

finish Peeka quick, Zoro!
Old 2014-12-11, 14:11   Link #27
AdventSleeper

Best part of this chapter was Baby 5's misunderstandings, haha
Old 2014-12-11, 14:31   Link #28
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
why do I have an image of Pica's laugh in the anime to sound like Pikachu from Pokemon?
haha i hope so! this was the highlight of the chapter for me. everything else feels like filler. i think pica has lasted this long because his defeat will have some kind of impact to the other fights and/or dressrosa itself
Old 2014-12-11, 14:36   Link #29
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Lol guys, I called it. I finally called something right about One Piece. Luffy took the hit.
Old 2014-12-11, 14:37   Link #30
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 770
That was an okay chapter. Bellamy’s move is pretty retarded. Luffy’s either an idiot or nice guy to just stand there and take one. At least Bellamy has armor haki. It is a shame he can’t make his whole body armor haki (like Vergo). Then his spring move would be like a bullet. Is Zoro responding to Law and Luffy’s situation or does he have a plan to draw Pica out of the stone? Him heading towards the castle does not make sense. Has for Pica it seems like his constructs are getting smaller or more confined every time Zoro moves the battle to a different area. Its like Pica does not want to destroy the mountain he built. Finally the gladiators from the coliseum are carrying their weight.
Old 2014-12-11, 18:09   Link #31
noktown

I didn't get the last page did Pica get KO'd or what ?
Old 2014-12-11, 18:50   Link #32
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I miss pre time skip Luffy days, he was so bad ass back than, for some reason Oda insists on trying to give him struggles against even guy's like Bellamy who he beat the crap out of pre time skip. And what's with every one having Haki these days?

Why does Oda keep making Zoro all boss with his fights and over powers Law but Luffy

I'm sure hey'll defeat the guy in an emotional scene and either work with Law or defeat Dof eventually but for the time being

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2014-12-11, 20:08   Link #33
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I didn't get the last page did Pica get KO'd or what ?
No Mach Vise did. That giant punch sent him flying all the way up to the roof of the bird cage.
Old 2014-12-11, 20:21   Link #34
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
I miss pre time skip Luffy days, he was so bad ass back than, for some reason Oda insists on trying to give him struggles against even guy's like Bellamy who he beat the crap out of pre time skip. And what's with every one having Haki these days?

Why does Oda keep making Zoro all boss with his fights and over powers Law but Luffy

I'm sure hey'll defeat the guy in an emotional scene and either work with Law or defeat Dof eventually but for the time being
The reason Luffy is "struggling" right now, is because he doesn't want to fight Bellamy. He could have one-shot him ten times already now, if he had wanted to.
Old 2014-12-11, 23:46   Link #35
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post

Uh, I don't recall Luffy struggling too much against Hody and Caesar (the former he only had the disadvantage of fighting him underwater, while the latter really only caught him off guard with the oxygen removal stunt. But after wising up to that trick, notice that CC was never able to touch Luffy again). Though I do agree about Zoro seeming more "invincible" in his fights so far (dude could at least break a sweat ). However, notice that in all this time he hasn't actually beaten Pica yet. At least when he fought Hyouzou he beat the dude near-instantly (and the less said about Monet, the better), so the fact that Pica's still up and swinging so far proves that he's a tough one, methinks....

As far as Bellamy goes, I already touched upon that in an earlier post. I think Luffy just wants to let him have the satisfaction of having fought a good battle against him. And I don't feel the need to repeat what I said earlier about haki, heh.
Old 2014-12-12, 03:21   Link #36
Rainbowman

Another deceased bad guy. I wonder how many more slaughters we can expect?
Old 2014-12-12, 04:25   Link #37
The Small One

Luffy should just use Conqueror's Haki and knock Bellamy out without hurting him…

I hope we get some more victories in the next chapters, so that we can move on with the story. The fights aren't this important to waste so much chapters.
Old 2014-12-12, 09:08   Link #38
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

is it me or did it look like luffy used Busoshoku Haki to protect his stomach when getting punched by bellamy?
Old 2014-12-12, 14:31   Link #39
Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Another deceased bad guy. I wonder how many more slaughters we can expect?
Nobody dies in One Piece.
Old 2014-12-12, 14:54   Link #40
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Nobody dies in One Piece.
Ace, Vergo and Monet would say "hi", but they're already dead; Yohohoho