AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-03, 01:43   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 770 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, so the break's over, and a spoiler is out! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the info and Aohige for the summary:

-Chapter title is "Spear of Elbaf". The ministory involves Jinbei finding piles of tribute underwater.

-As Bellamy leaps around, Luffy yells at him to stop, as the spring man was betrayed by Doflamingo, and he himself no longer has a reason to fight him. Bellamy replies that it's fine if he can't find a reason, and says his determination will not be so easily swayed. He then punches Luffy with his CoA-powered fists....

-Outside, Zoro vs. Pica continues. Zoro loses his footing, giving the Pica statue a chance to assault him. However, the swordsman is not so easily caught, and slashes the statue's fist. Some of Pica's underlings attempt to attack Zoro as well, but they get taken care of by the coliseum fighter, Orlumbus, who takes them out with his "Admiral Bowling"! He introduces himself to the pirate hunter, saying that if they were at sea, he'd lend him more help with his fleet. However, for now, all he can do is hold off the grunts while Zoro takes care of the stone man.

-Pica has controlled the surrounding area with his power, and gloats at Zoro, laughing. However, he has a really goofy-sounding laugh ("Pikyapikyararara!"), which Zoro instantly points out as sounding really retarded, lol. Naturally, this pisses off the stone giant, who continues his assault on the swordsman. Dellinger, who's fighting Ideo (coliseum dude who looks like Lucci), tells Pica to be careful to not attack his fellow mates. Meanwhile, Baby 5 is facing Sai (one of Chinjao's grandsons, remember), and mistakes his mid-battle banter as a confession of love!

-Meanwhile, it seems that Machvise has taken out another of the tournament fighters, the giant Hajrudin. He then sets his sights on Zoro as his next opponent. Meanwhile, the giant thinks of the humiliation he went through despite wanting to be the king of giants, and at the very least, wants to repay his debt to Usopp. The giant then steels his resolve, gets back on his feet, and tells Zoro he'll take down Vise. The man in question then decides to finish the giant once and for all with his 10,000 ton vise attack! However, Hajrudin counters with a special technique of his own: A mighty punch attack named Gungnir! At the cost of his right arm's bones, the giant sends the 10k-ton man flying straight into the birdcage, slicing him up! As Hajrudin collapses, exhausted, Zoro tells him to rest, as the Birdcage will be taken down by the time he awakens...!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-12-11 at 03:18.
Old 2014-12-03, 02:23   Link #2
Gilly

Just when I catch up at last, I find out that there's no chapter this week.
Old 2014-12-03, 10:17   Link #3
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Are you flippin kidding me? I was really looking forward to this chapter. I heard from one it was a two week break, please tell me this isn't't true?

At this rate Oda won't be finishing One Piece in my life time. Why so many breaks?

At least I have Legend of Korra to pre occupie my time

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2014-12-03, 16:12   Link #4
marvelB

Yeah, I didn't notice it at first either, but it's indeed been confirmed that there's a break this week. Gonna have to wait until next week for them spoilers, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
At this rate Oda won't be finishing One Piece in my life time. Why so many breaks?

In complete fairness, the number of Oda's breaks have greatly decreased since he got that surgery a few months back (I think he's only had maybe 2 or 3 breaks since then). But even putting that aside, I say that the guy's rest periods are well-deserved.
Old 2014-12-04, 03:06   Link #5
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Well we don't get ONE PIECE this week. But we do get ONE PIECE PARTY, the authorized sorta-chibi spinoff; like Rock Lee and his Ninja Pals is to NARUTO.

Images
cover
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It doesn't look too bad; Oda's style is certainly captured well. We need a thread for this.
Old 2014-12-04, 08:39   Link #6
homohominilupus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Well we don't get ONE PIECE this week. But we do get ONE PIECE PARTY, the authorized sorta-chibi spinoff; like Rock Lee and his Ninja Pals is to NARUTO.

Images
cover

It doesn't look too bad; Oda's style is certainly captured well. We need a thread for this.
Nice When is it coming out?
Old 2014-12-04, 10:46   Link #7
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
I would have agreed with you last year, but they're a little too frequent nowadays, particularly since his health issues have cleared up.

Sure he's no Togashi, but he's gone from being one of Jump's most dedicated mangaka to one of the more lackadaisical.
And before we worry about the dangers of Oda overworking, we should worry about his pack-a-day habit.

*Shrug* Personally, I don't see the the breaks being frequent. Not lately, anyway. At the very least, this is NOTHING compared to the Strong World/Film Z years....

...But yeah, I do agree that the cigs are a concern.

Moving on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homohominilupus View Post
Nice When is it coming out?
I just saw Chinese scans for it a little while ago, though I dunno when an English version will be out. And while the artist emulates Oda pretty well, the art still looks strange in some places for me (things like that are pretty much the reason why I can never see a different artist taking Oda's place in case he gets sick again). But what the hey, I'll get a thread for this started in a jiffy!
Old 2014-12-04, 22:42   Link #8
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

It was an unannounced break, which means something unexpected happened.

Usually not worried, just that last time this happened was when he got carried into hospital.
Old 2014-12-04, 23:06   Link #9
itachi-san314

Quote:
I would have agreed with you last year, but they're a little too frequent nowadays, particularly since his health issues have cleared up.

Sure he's no Togashi, but he's gone from being one of Jump's most dedicated mangaka to one of the more lackadaisical.
And before we worry about the dangers of Oda overworking, we should worry about his pack-a-day habit.
i dont see it as a lot of breaks, but even if i agree with that, what's the rush? this story has years and years to go before it's finished so it's not like a week here and there makes much difference. and on the flip side, i'm sure i'll miss it when it's gone. prolonging a good thing is fine by me
Old 2014-12-05, 00:10   Link #10
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It was an unannounced break, which means something unexpected happened.

Usually not worried, just that last time this happened was when he got carried into hospital.

Hmm, now that you mention it, that is a bit concerning. Well, let's cross our fingers that it isn't something too serious....
Old 2014-12-05, 00:52   Link #11
ccheuer

http://onepiecepodcast.com/2014/12/0...-week-absence/

There was supposed to be an announcement. Oda is okay, he's just doing research and the publishers dun goof'd.

And yes, I made an account just to share that with fellow loyal fans.
Old 2014-12-05, 01:19   Link #12
Rainbowman

Research huh? What could Oda be researching into at this time?
Old 2014-12-05, 12:21   Link #13
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Research huh? What could Oda be researching into at this time?
devil fruits?
Old 2014-12-07, 15:21   Link #14
itachi-san314

Quote:
You're kidding right?
I wouldn't mind One Piece running another decade, but if I was wishing on a genie I'd ask for a fresh chapter every day. Waiting 2 weeks for a chapter positively kills me.
nah im serious. everyone has different levels of patience i suppose. i prefer waiting for things. for instance, on netflix i'll power-watch an entire TV show in a week and then basically burn myself out on it and probably never watch it again in most cases. i prefer this weekly (sometimes longer) release schedule so there's always something to wait for. absence makes the heart grow fonder
Old 2014-12-07, 18:23   Link #15
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post

Images
cover

I've been meaning to ask: Who's the little tiger cub that's below Nami?
Old 2014-12-09, 23:09   Link #16
marvelB

Meant to mention it earlier, but it's good to know that there was no particularly serious meaning behind Oda's break. Thanks for the news, ccheuer!

Quote:
You're kidding right?
I wouldn't mind One Piece running another decade, but if I was wishing on a genie I'd ask for a fresh chapter every day. Waiting 2 weeks for a chapter positively kills me.
*Shrug* I dunno, I'm not bothered by waiting for a fortnight, either. I mean, some of my favorite series run monthly (Jojo for instance), and when compared to that, 2 weeks is nothing for me. Not that I don't understand how you feel, though.

Edit: First spoiler summary is out! Now we can return to our regularly scheduled power level arguments.

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-12-10 at 01:20.
Old 2014-12-10, 10:47   Link #17
golgo13

According to the spoilers it looks like Luffy takes a hit from Bellamy. I guess he doesn't want to kill him. Maybe he sensed no killing intent from Bellamy (ala rebecca) and wanted to send another message..
Old 2014-12-10, 14:42   Link #18
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Not too thrilled with what I'm looking at so far, I was hoping Luffy would have knocked him out in one punch. I know some fans who are going to be pissed about this

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2014-12-10, 19:45   Link #19
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Not too thrilled with what I'm looking at so far, I was hoping Luffy would have knocked him out in one punch. I know some fans who are going to be pissed about this
KO a half dead person ?:/

To be honest though, I'm not sure where Oda is going with this, why is Bellamy involved in all this ?Most likely he will either be killed off or knocked out sooner or later....let's just get to the main fight already...

We already knew that Doflamingo used Bellamy..
Old 2014-12-10, 23:49   Link #20
bonsobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
KO a half dead person ?:/

To be honest though, I'm not sure where Oda is going with this, why is Bellamy involved in all this ?Most likely he will either be killed off or knocked out sooner or later....let's just get to the main fight already...

We already knew that Doflamingo used Bellamy..
The only reason Bellamy's involved is because he wasn't killed off earlier on in the manga. That's the only reason he's here now. Personally I've always found that to be a strange decision from Doflamingo (or rather Oda) to keep Bellamy alive, considering what happened with his father, brother and Dressrosa. To not kill a weak pirate who disrespected his symbol puts a stain on his reputation for ruthlessness.

As for Bellamy being able to use Haki simply put, not a fan of the decision.
Closed Thread