AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Extra Episode (Tomoyo Chapter) Rating
Perfect 10 161 54.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 83 27.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 9.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 4.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.01%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.34%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.34%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.34%
Voters: 298. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-31, 07:18   Link #241
gaguri

Bit late, but it was a good watch before going into the sequel this season. Tomoyo was my favourite one ouf of Tomoya's harem and I had absolutely no problem with a chapter entirely dedicated to his relationship with her.

This was surprising for me but I think I liked Tomoyo better in previous episodes than in this chapter. It's not because she has become a different character (well, to a certain extent she has). It's because her relationship between Tomoya has changed. In this world, they've progressed far as to becoming so open to each other and expressing their feelings towards another so freely. I preferred that more distant interaction between Tomoyo and Tomoya, where Tomoyo had feelings for Tomoya beyond friendship but never crossing that line (similar to Kyou). Tomoyo I like and admire from the series is a determinate person, who with the embrace and help of the "family" (powerful theme of CLANNAD), strives with great efforts to achieve her goal. She is strong-minded and selfless enough to understand Tomoya's feelings for Nagisa despite her feelings for him, she doesn't struts and frets trying to win him over, but is content with letting him be with a girl that can probably make him happier than she can. I have no problem with the choices she made in this chapter (except maybe her side that seems to place her boyfriend before her goals, something that I think is on contrary to the previous episodes), I simply liked how Tomoyo was presented as a character better in the series.
Old 2008-08-31, 07:42   Link #242
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

I want a Kyou Episode. She deserves one as much as Tomoyo.
Old 2008-09-01, 19:27   Link #243
Harimo Haria

Kyou is my favorite out of the Harem, that episode that had them both trapped in the storage room had my lmao.
Old 2008-09-01, 23:41   Link #244
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
I want a Kyou Episode. She deserves one as much as Tomoyo.
To do Kyou (and Ryou, especially Ryou) justice, it needs to be a movie-length OVA, not just a single episode.
Old 2008-09-02, 13:08   Link #245
Thth
???

Very late.
I has some preconceived notions about how this episode will be considering as I never played or spoiled myself from the game .I was surprised ,it was beautiful.
Tomoyo was my favourite among the girls.Now I like her even more.
Old 2008-10-08, 16:02   Link #246
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Just found out this existed and watched it ASAP. Throughout the main series, I didn't really think much of Tomoyo. I much preferred Nagisa or even Kyou, so seeing the Tomoya/Tomoyo coupling was a bit weird at first. But as the episode progressed, I realized the reason I wasn't very fond of Tomoyo in the series was that the series didn't do her justice. This episode portrayed the aspects of Tomoyo that make her such an amazing character. It is a showpiece for what girls, no, anyone should strive to become.

This episode is better than any of the original 23, and one of the reasons is that it's able to standalone by itself, with a definitive and fitting conclusion. It also manages to pack in a great love story in under 25 minutes. The lengths Tomoyo and Tomoya go to for each other is truly heartwarming. The image of Tomoyo with the snowflakes slowly descending around her is the most memorable and beautiful of all Clannad.

It's not perfect. It's a bit short of humour by Clannad standards, and Tomoya's behaviour is a slightly different from what one would expect from the main series. And as always with KeyAni, they went a bit overboard on the tears. I've never given a 10 before, but I didn't feel that these faults warranted a deduction of one point. 9.5/10 rounded up to a 10.
Old 2008-10-08, 16:07   Link #247
Shadow Kira01

Pairing up Tomoya with Tomoyo is better than the Okazaki-Dango Daikazoku pair. (^.^)
Old 2008-10-09, 20:08   Link #248
hero147

Wow....I didn't know this even existed till like 2 months after...Lol...I must admit, even though the animation was a bit off, this was one of the better episodes than the original 23. So much sentimental glory...
Old 2008-10-10, 04:53   Link #249
bran
h e a d s h o t

tbh i always prefered guys to stick with one girl
when nagisa got sick and tomoyo approached tomoya i though hay don't jump on another one when the other is missing
nagisa is cute but tomoyo is actually the type of anime girl i love the most
very strong and a little shy
not so tsundere to the point it hurts your brain
so i enjoyed this episode a lot but in the whole tomoya x nagisa story it doesn't fit that well
i wish ToTo (lol) was the original pairing of the anime

Farewell...and thank you.
Old 2008-10-10, 17:24   Link #250
Nerroth
NePoi!

Finally got to see the ep - it's pretty good!

Although,

Spoiler for story:
Old 2008-10-14, 09:16   Link #251
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
I personally don't like when stories make a "side-story" to themselves as if ignoring everything that has happened, or more like as if stuff that never happened. The episode itself was good, but when thinking of the main story, I think "this would really never happen" and kills off the mood. At least this is how I see it.
Old 2008-10-14, 11:49   Link #252
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Bit late on this but i gave it a 10/10

I loved Tomoyos' arc in the in game and its still good as a 24 min special, just hope they're thinking about doing Tomoyo After, would love to see that.
Old 2008-10-17, 01:16   Link #253
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
Masterpiece! Only wiah it was longer. I actually like this arc better than nagisas. 9/10
Old 2008-10-25, 13:38   Link #254
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Too dam sad ... I felt it was a good illustration about how things would have gone down should Okasaki have chosen Tomoyo .. (who was one of my fave characters) ... I didn't need to watch this sadness tho. ....

I hope season 2 won't go down the total sadness path... I really REALLY liked the first season
Old 2008-10-28, 04:19   Link #255
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Wow~ I'm a Tomoyo fan myself. She ain't a damsel of distress either. Wow. She can really take care of herself and I find it cute that she find Okazaki more important than her future and studies. So cute~ I like the break up scene, too. It wasn't the usual break up scene you'd find and I love Okazaki because he's really loyal to Tomoyo. 10/10
Old 2008-10-28, 14:53   Link #256
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

OMG, I can't believe I avoided this episode due to the last 23 episode of fail... Tomoyo should've been the main girl from the start >_>... `10/10
Old 2008-10-28, 22:16   Link #257
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

i just watched this episode and overall it was pretty good. i liked it. now they need to make OVA for tomoyo after~ *even though ending is blah
Old 2009-02-16, 02:37   Link #258
SemperMalum

I just discovered this episode.

I love Tomoyo.

I don't think I have to say anymore, do I? She deserves to have an entire season devoted to her and Tomoya's relationship. Tomoyo After would be fantastic, too... I just read up about that, of course they'd have to do a PS2 ending for that. My god, I was as touched with this episode as I was with some of the episodes in Air. Not a coincidence it's the same group, I suppose.
Old 2009-02-19, 10:45   Link #259
Miraluka
Banned

I like Tomoyo more than Nagisa(fortunately dead <3) and I cried watching the episode I thought that Tomya could kill himself.
Old 2009-07-11, 17:40   Link #260
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I'm bringing this thread back from the dead. My apologies to anyone who is offended for that, but this episode warranted me actually joining into the Clannad sub-section.

Nagisa was a nice enough girl, but far from a favorite for me. Her character types have never appealed to me as main leads, and she did nothing to change that view. I thought Tomoyo and Kyou were far more interesting characters, and matched Tomoya far better. Maybe it's my age, I don't know.

I didn't expect too much considering we were only getting 20 minutes or so of a condensed story arc, but was floored with the results. I even got choked up a bit seeing Tomoya's internal struggles as he fell mentally, while he watched Tomoyo from afar. Seeing them re-unite in the end was very powerful to me. This is the couple I would have prefered to be canon. I have only seen the first season and this episode, and already I've lost almost all enthusiasm towards watching AS after seeing such a superior relationship in one episode.

A perfect 10 for me, as this one episode at least gave me a glimpse at what could have been a great series.