AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-24, 04:00   Link #181
tsunade666

ugh... I shouldn't have checked the manga. It spoiled some important information <_<

there is no preview episode in the end of the episode isn't it? I watched the whole episode and the ending is just the manga skit being shown but not an episode preview.
Old 2014-01-24, 08:00   Link #182
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Watched the first 3 episodes. Not really make me laugh that much nor it has great romance (at least yet, I hope) but definitely go into my watch list this season.

One thing that stuck in my head is the first 22 seconds of the opening. That intro is sooo addictive, and complete with really nice scenes too

As for Mashiro, I agree she turns out to be really cute, but I hate her voice. To me it just sounds like she's trying hard to be... moe, but in the end sounds kinda unnatural

And still related to seiyuu...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Hakuya's VA is so terrible; I have never liked the guy's performance in any work. There's a difference between playing the role of a quiet, subdued character and just being flat out uninteresting. I'm not sure how he keeps getting work.
THIS

I don't have any personal grudge against him, but damn does he sounds so bland and really really uninteresting. In paper Hakuya should be perfect for him, but I actually like him="1"]slightly[/SIZE][/I] better when he's voicing Papakiki's Yuuta or Mahiro's friend on Nyaruko
Old 2014-01-24, 10:26   Link #183
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

After 3 episodes, I can say that Mikakunin is definitely one of my favorite show this season.

The presentation and execution overall is a good balance of slice of life, cuteness overload and comedy. The characters chemistry is quite effective (save perhaps Hakuya's blandness a bit overkill at times, but let's cut him some slack), without relying too much on one trick poney, which is refreshing.
In fact, I didn't even notice the series is actually a 4koma adaptation (despite it is usually quite obvious in general), so it tells a lot about how well blended the series composition is.

I was afraid I would be annoyed by Mashiro, but she surprisingly grew on me. And whereas her seiyuu is definitely just debuting (which felt a bit off early in the series), she pretty much clicked on the clumsy but adorable little sister position without abusing her to-be-step-mother attitude she had back in the first ep.
Following the seiyuu trend, even if I find Benio well defined, somehow, I really think Shizuka Ito would have been perfect, but that's nitpicking
Meanwhile, I find Kobeni quite pleasant as a lead heroine and protagonist: she isn't the "perfect wife" with a lot of down to earth appeal, and despite not having any extreme quirks like Benio or Mashiro, she isn't "bland" so to speak. Yet, she isn't a mere "tsukkomi" either: quite a very good all rounded character.

Speaking of "round"... I really have hard time to describe the aesthetic direction of the show... it is... "blobish"/"bouncy" without overdoing it: it compliments well the cuteness but also that lively impression of the series.
And surprisingly enough, I can't help but notice Kobeni's "assets" despite it is nowhere as "big" as anime standards... I mean, she is well endowed, but the series doesn't slap that on your face (even the opening sequence has some... "tastefulness" in there, instead of shoving skins left and right), YET it is noticeable, in a non-lewd way.... I have trouble to explain that but you get the idea I think...

I also got surprised, in a good way, for ep3 revelation. They won't beat around the bush for so long. We can expect early developpments between Kobeni and Hakuya, so definitely refreshing.
Old 2014-01-25, 17:06   Link #184
Esclair

In a lot of school life anime everyone always seem to eat a full breakfast before going to school/off to work. Is that really how it is in Japan? How early does everyone wake up? Especially when you have to cook such a full meal too. Seems like such an alien concept lol. I think most Americans just grab a cup of coffee and a bagel before rushing off.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 18:27   Link #185
Tenzen12

As person from central Europe, it's white common for me, even if our school start sooner, than japan one.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 00:51   Link #186
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
In a lot of school life anime everyone always seem to eat a full breakfast before going to school/off to work. Is that really how it is in Japan? How early does everyone wake up? Especially when you have to cook such a full meal too. Seems like such an alien concept lol. I think most Americans just grab a cup of coffee and a bagel before rushing off.
Wait until you need to pack your kid's school lunch.
Old 2014-01-26, 02:32   Link #187
EroKing

Old 2014-01-26, 04:02   Link #188
Eclipze

^ Dem child bearing hips.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 04:51   Link #189
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
Hayst, if only "all the girls deserves to have them".
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 10:28   Link #190
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
Not to mention those two rocket launchers .
Old 2014-01-28, 10:38   Link #191
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

After 3 episodes, all I can say is that everything is so lighthearted, bright, sweet and fluffy and I can't really describe it in one word, "cute" isn't really enough to describe it.

I think i'm developing diabetes just by watching this show. It has no real substance in it, and yet I think I've never seen a show that I don't like to watch because it's too ... cute.

hakuya might as well be just a potted plant in the background at this point (a life saving potted plant), but I think he'll have a bigger role in the coming episodes, i think.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 17:55   Link #192
ices
Working Hard

Going to the official site of this anime (http://mikakunin.jp/) and surprised with the background. It has Mashiro's cute dance. Well, that was unexpected.

Here the link of the video that playing in the background: http://mikakunin.jp/movie/top_140123.mp4
And the previous one: http://mikakunin.jp/movie/top_140116.mp4
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 18:26   Link #193
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
It's not only Japan, we did this in Europe in the nineties too. You'd get up around seven and have about an hour to wash up and eat, although cooking breakfast was the mother's domain. You know, those creatures so often conspicuously absent in anime families.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 18:32   Link #194
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
I can't remember a single time that I have had a full breakfast before going to school since 2002...
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 18:49   Link #195
ices
Working Hard

^ I've always had breakfast before going to school. It's some kind of custom in our family. Since the school start at 7 o'clock, we always had breakfast before 6. Our mother usually start preparing the foods at 4 o'clock.

Hence they have full meal for breakfast in the episode doesn't seem like a strange concept to me.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 19:14   Link #196
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Technically everyone should be having breakfast if they want to function at 100% at the beginning of the day. Nothing strange about having a proper meal before school or work.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 19:45   Link #197
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Show is good.
Old 2014-01-28, 20:28   Link #198
Pesti13nce

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
Technically everyone should be having breakfast if they want to function at 100% at the beginning of the day. Nothing strange about having a proper meal before school or work.
Yea you gotta have breakfast in the am.. Tho for last 15 years it's been..toast...coffee..and cereal... go go cheerios
Pesti13nce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 20:30   Link #199
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
I work just fine with my morning liter of coffe, thank you very much.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-28, 20:38   Link #200
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
These are growing teenagers though, so yeah, a full breakfast is much more advisable for them.

Tags
4-koma, comedy, seinen