Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-09, 17:31   Link #6581
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Oh God guys, You're going to kill me with all this NanoFate rape talk.
No! MOAR! I would like to be pointed in the direction of these doujin engines. :3

Demi, I'm not sure if that's your Photobucket account, but some of the images in that folder have been TOS'ed. I'm surprised that Photobucket would do it for individual pictures without banning the whole account.

(Sapphire 4 will end soon; we'll get back on topic then. XP)
Old 2008-06-09, 17:34   Link #6582
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Crisu, just download my SFW-Doujin and 4koma MU links in Fate group.

..and yea, that's my account, I've uploaded pretty much everything to it, and they have never banned me for it, so all is well. xD

@Eisdrache: I'm sure Kholdstare would make it for you.
Old 2008-06-09, 17:40   Link #6583
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Demi pretty much already has assembled everything you'd need to cater to your MOAR. If you still want Moar after that, well there's always this ancient thing I fiddled around with for a time. Note those were notes for our own use so will have obscure jargon laced around in it. It was also from a couple years ago when we had less taste and grasp. Ageing does do that to taste, yes.

Or in other words: start using your own imagination once you've absorbed a ton.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-06-09, 17:59   Link #6585
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Pictures alone will not move people much, especially when they're trying to not be moved. You need to guide their minds with narrative and extra context/symbolism. Doujin Manga or Doujin Prose can do this job (only Touhou seems to have access to Doujin Songs bringing several extra layers to characters and Doujin Flash animations are rare outside Touhou too except for OP parodies).

So, something like this for Maria or *picks something random from recent bookmarks* this for Cirno (NicoNico link).

I know it's not easy to Narrative Write or find higher Doujin works, but you seem determined on this quest. I recall a Nayuki-'tard' giving a long essay back in K Saimoe presenting all the different sides of Nayuki, some of which I'd have easily overlooked had I not had it spelt out - all the better if the illustrative text is Narrative instead of Documentary style.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-06-09, 18:06   Link #6586
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Tedious research paper is tedious. The topic this time is "If you found an original historic context, how can you prove that a document is written in the middle of the 16th century?" Eh...

Anyway, I'll do a little more of that, then I'll go check out Sapphire 4.\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
I know it's not easy to Narrative Write or find higher Doujin works, but you seem determined on this quest. I recall a Nayuki-'tard' giving a long essay back in K Saimoe presenting all the different sides of Nayuki, some of which I'd have easily overlooked had I not had it spelt out - all the better if the illustrative text is Narrative instead of Documentary style.
Kind of how I did one for Suiseiseki a while back, unfortunately, not for Saimoé
Old 2008-06-09, 18:10   Link #6587
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Anyway, I'll do a little more of that, then I'll go check out Sapphire 4.
I have just voted . It was kind of hard to decide of Tomoyo and Fate-chan, but your know, Fate-chan is so moe that her moeness can't be expressed into words. So, Fate > Tomoyo. Also Shana and Ryou was hard, but Shana > Ryou because no thing can make me vote against Shana.

Such a hard match >_<
Old 2008-06-09, 18:32   Link #6588
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
The topic this time is "If you found an original historic context, how can you prove that a document is written in the middle of the 16th century?"
Huh?

Do you mean an analysis of the language used? Certain vocabulary or phrasing that suggests the person who wrote it only had a 16th century knowledge (and that it wasn't someone today who faked it)?

Or are you going the chemistry way and actually carbon-dating the paper on which it was written?

Maybe if there was something you could compare it to -- if it was one in a series of papers or books. Maybe match the handwriting if at all possible.

In other news, I was catching up watching Kanokon and oh god episode 9. It fulfilled much of my MOAR already.
Old 2008-06-09, 19:02   Link #6589
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

btw how do you know if voted already? I can't remember if i voted yet >_<
Old 2008-06-09, 19:23   Link #6590
FiREwing

Demi. I finally decided to stop being an ass and download your nanofate thing but wtf its 301 mb... Wryyy is it soo large!?

EDIT: I hate photobucket, it always makes my browser go haywire. Now I can't open up any more tabs or browsers.=x At least the moe made up for it.

Last edited by FiREwing; 2008-06-09 at 19:35.
Old 2008-06-09, 19:30   Link #6591
Eater of All
NOM

@Xellos- ^

Checking your browsing history might work, by seeing if you've entered that "vote accepted" page before on that day. Or maybe there isn't one like that....

EDIT: Since I voted yesterday, mine was sorted into the whole "Last week" category, so it didn't work for me. There's probably alot better ways, but I won't know cause I start with FA and end with IL.

EDIT2: Laugh at me. LAUGH AT ME. v (referencing below post)
Old 2008-06-09, 19:32   Link #6592
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiREwing View Post
Demi. I finally decided to stop being an ass and download your nanofate thing but wtf its 301 mb... Wryyy is it soo large!?
Oh don't worry, I downloaded *all* of Demi.'s "packs" and they're pretty much around 300 mb each. And also, I like what I see.

Anyways, I really think we should tone down on the KyoAni hate (you know who you are), since it could negatively effect voter turnouts and discussion. As you can see, Eater of All was nerved to register and post because he/she was afraid that a KyoAni supporter would be 4chan'ed by this thread. Even though I know you guys wouldn't do personal attacks (seriously), intimidation alone can go a long way.

@Eisdrache: You don't like my Shiori support signature, Higurashi-style?

Oh well, it was mostly for laughs anyways. I'll try making them, but I probably can't put both in one.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-06-09 at 19:45.
Old 2008-06-09, 19:35   Link #6593
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Don't you mean why is it so small? Kihihihi.

I need more nekomimi Feito. ;-;

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2008-06-09, 19:36   Link #6594
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Unfortunately, you've convinced me further that Tomoyo is hot, but I still don't find her moe (hot =/= moe, C.C.)

So, I have a list of anime to watch planned out for the Summer.
Bloody epic. Like 30 series and movies, with several of them being long shounen ones (Gundam, Rurouni Kenshin, catching up on Bleach.)
Ah, and a couple of rewatches.
Like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Then I'll break into some tools store, smash a drill, put it together with my manliness, then drill through the wall for my escape, then put the drill back and leave, hoping not to get charged with breaking and entering and vandalism.

And yay, I'll be bagging groceries at Vons (The Safeway of the U.S.)
Ehh.
Old 2008-06-09, 19:39   Link #6595
FiREwing

Fine.=x I'll keep it in the vote comments in spoiler tags. I registered when I first saw asuki forums in march and didn't use it like..ever. I started using it because I was mad that Tomoyo beat Shana.XD

Oh and Demi. won't be keeping his hate a secret if Tomoyo beats Feito-chan though. Neither will I. I'm like refreshing the page crazily to wait for match to end and for results to come out...

EDIT: I need to rewatch
Spoiler for because qtip told me to:
again to brace myself for sadness and rage.

EDIT2: I need to restart my computer now to fix the browser problem.:[ All for moe!

Last edited by FiREwing; 2008-06-09 at 20:03.
Old 2008-06-09, 19:46   Link #6596
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
EDIT: I need to rewatch...
Epic spoiler, tag it.

And gah, BoxTorrents is not making me happy.
Old 2008-06-09, 20:03   Link #6597
FiREwing

Bah I forgot not everyone has watched GL. I'll wait for the bricks to come crashing through my window.
Old 2008-06-09, 20:04   Link #6598
Eater of All
NOM

The moment of Truth... results time!

EDIT: I wasn't waiting for the results all this time *cough*

EDIT2: It might take a small amount of time to sort votes though.
Old 2008-06-09, 20:06   Link #6599
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

has the match ended already? I click on the voting page and it has the next vote setup not he current one.
Old 2008-06-09, 20:07   Link #6600
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Thankfully I've had just about everything in TTGL spoiled for me, anyway. Also, results? ZOMG I had no idea when they'd be calculated.

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe