AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-17, 08:47   Link #101
Westlo
Lets be reality

Rumba Rumba is pretty awesome, I can't wait to see the proper OP for it, I didn't really pay attention to Bure Bure until it's proper OP was introduced.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 17:36   Link #102
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Then it's business as usual and normal girl finally gets her own segment. Great fun and absolutely creepy at certain parts (Kafuka...what the hell is she!?).
Yea kafuka was definatly the only girl that could consistently wierd me out in the first season and make me wonder just what in the hell is up with this person.

Ill admit to getting lost alittle in the retelling parts of the second half...wasn't 100% what was going on, but I got over it quick. Even with changing parts of the story shows still incredibly random and wierd..."in a good way".

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 16:01   Link #103
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Ep 2 Is OUT!! By a.f.k
Old 2008-01-18, 16:45   Link #104
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Im very interested to see how a.f.k. subbed this epi Gonna be a fun watch.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 17:12   Link #105
Westlo
Lets be reality

That ep was just nut in the first 8 minutes, nice fanservice shot of Chie later on.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 17:59   Link #106
Mentorian
Matsuri

Mesousa was making a cameo appearance. LoL at Rand McNally guide.

So, who is Kafuka? She has her own secret messenger and like in Episode 10 of first season, she was able to gain information on everybody's dirt. The mystery deepens....
Mentorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 18:38   Link #107
Echoes

Season 2 is definitely more insane and wacky than the first. Just as good, though. I really enjoyed this episode a lot, this series continues to impress me with every little thing it does.
The ending is just breathtaking.. the art and animations are fantastic, I mean, I'd watch a whole spin-off series with that art, I'd sit glued to the screen. I was worried they wouldn't be able to live up to my skyhigh expectations with regards to music, since the first season's OP/ED/OST were great, but they sure managed to keep it just as good, if not better.
Old 2008-01-18, 18:51   Link #108
bayoab

Before this comes up, since I know it will:
For part A of the a.f.k. release: The show aired with (fake) Japanese subs since they are speaking Pororocian. The English translation of those are what you see subbed on the bottom. (SHAFT通り)
What is on the top is the translation of the corresponding dialogue from chapter in the manga. (原作通り)
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 21:30   Link #109
Midonin
Last Engage

Between the animating of a book cover and the nonsensical Commodore Perry segment of Ep. 2, I wonder if every first segment this season is going to take "bizarre" to new levels. I hope it does. I also found having the original manga script on hand - while my eyes had to work twice as fast - to increase the humor, seeing just what SHAFT did with their work.

Also: Masters of chic - another fine Kafukaism.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 22:36   Link #110
Falkor

My head still hurts >.< after watching the second episode.

Spoiler for some random thoughts for episode 02:

You can tell SHAFT’s influence (or Shinbo’s genius) by watching the first half only. I don’t want to sound exaggerated, but they are taking the word random to new levels, even redefining the word random itself.

I want to thank a.f.k. for the great subs. I think part of my enjoyment is due to they way they have translated most of the gags and the text. Looking back, I would have never touched this show if a.f.k. wasn't the one being in charge (that's how dependent i am of them).
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 23:03   Link #111
Mentorian
Matsuri

Just curious: do any of you know what was the song (BGM) during the appearance of the tanks when Rin was kidnapped? Was it some kind of battle song or just gibberish?
Mentorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 23:25   Link #112
Ashlotte
Clockwork

The 3 sets of text on-screen for the first half gave me one mighty headache thats for sure.

Not much to say about the second half...They may have started speaking japanese finally but it was still just as random and "What the hell" as the first half was.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 23:54   Link #113
Sol Falling

awesomely and beautifully hilarious. The first part did take a lot longer than usual to get through though, what with constant pausing to read the subs and all.

I quite like the ending theme this time around, but I think I'd still have to say that burebure is better than rumbarumba, although the latter is growing on me. mm, speaking of the ED, the other disturbing aspects of it notwithstanding, anybody else find it weird how they drew Itoshiki-sensei as a woman in the last bit of it? Though it is shoujo-style art, I guess.

edit: hm, to be honest I'm feeling a bit disappointed that this thread is only 6 pages long so far. How about people start listing some of the more obscure (well, and the not-so-obscure too, heh) references that they find?
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 00:45   Link #114
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched the a.f.k. sub of Episode 2.

Only one term possible to describe this; lolwut.

Otherwise, I am left speechless.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 05:04   Link #115
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Hilarity ensues yet again.
Spoiler for My favorite moments:

This show just gets better and better.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 06:00   Link #116
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I just have to pause the episode to post about this...
At about the 18:30 mark, The "old friend" wanted to marry someone in the class. But Kafka said in a matter of fact way that "Everybody in this class belong to teacher, so you have no chance", and the other girls nodded in agreement.

This just amuses me to no end... It's a harem show by proxy.
Old 2008-01-19, 07:16   Link #117
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Oh God.

Commodore Perry!?

Fucking genius. I don't know whether to laugh or stare. The ED still makes me smile though. Damn do they look pretty.

Also, Props to a.f.k. for tackling this incredibly hard-to-sub show head-on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
I just have to pause the episode to post about this...
At about the 18:30 mark, The "old friend" wanted to marry someone in the class. But Kafka said in a matter of fact way that "Everybody in this class belong to teacher, so you have no chance", and the other girls nodded in agreement.
IMO, Itoshiki's harem > everybody else.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 07:42   Link #118
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Honestly, as much as I'm a Shaft fanboy, the first half irked me. They pretty much went a bit too far with the bare-audibles and the subber had to put two lines of dialog to complement it. That was a bit too much to handle, though it was still funny with the Goku/Dragonball thing that came out of nowhere.

And the ED, as pretty as it was, just didn't seem to have the wild flair of the first ED and at times it just looked disturbing. I hope the OP animation will bring back the more quirky and fun look to it all. The second OP of Zetsubo Sensei was a letdown for me too. Typical of Shaft really. Ups and downs with their wild experimentations.

The second half though, it made so much sense. Overdecoration, overelaboration, we see that every time.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 08:59   Link #119
Dop
Mmmm....

What? What???!!!? WHAT???!!!??!!??

That was just mad. So far beyond barking it fell off the end of the District line.

a.f.k. really pulled out all the stops providing both subtitles and surtitles with two different sets of dialogue, both of which were just as insanely funny.
(and thanks Bayoab, for explaining what was going on there!)

Next time I see something really tacky and overembellished, I shall have to point and say "Master of chic!"

The whole battle going on in the background was completely bizarre.

I shall have to watch it again, once my brain has recovered....
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 09:28   Link #120
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
i just knew it was going to have one of those.....incidents....when commodore perry said "open up!"

and yes. I agree.

Blame the short skirt, not commodore Perry! xD

Tags
comedy, gag, shaft, shounen, social satire